PDA

View Full Version : Heads up to Mississippi Rebel fans

Kyper
11-14-2017, 11:17 PM
The COI isnt going to release their findings until after the Egg Bowl. They are protecting SA 39 and trying to control crowd problems at the game because of the sanctions heading toward Oxford. It has zero to do with some conspiracy against Ole Miss.

Yanci, SpiritChuck, and Neal have lied to you repeatedly in regards to Leo Lewis. He has not told anybody, especially the COI, that State gave him a ton of money. What he did tell the COI was that he got 10K from a Rebel lawyer, described his vehicle to a T, showed the calls to his phone, and that was verified with ol Barney's phone. The NCAA doesn't need proof of cash- they have all the proof of illegal contact that they need to hammer you.

State is not going to get in trouble in regards to LL. The NCAA is not in any way going to lose their Immunity power. State could have given Leo AJ Brown type money and it still wouldn't matter. It's simply not happening

Once the sanctions hit and they will include another year bowl ban, your best options to be Head Coach are going to be Ricky Woods, Lance Pogue, or John Perry.

Click an ad

Todd4State
11-14-2017, 11:30 PM
My educated guess was that the sanctions would come down after the Egg Bowl. Which is what I prefer. If it doesn't come out this week, I can't see them releasing it over Thanksgiving week.

Anyone that thinks that MSU will get in trouble over this is insane. Yeah- the NCAA was investigating Ole Miss and had a COI without MSU there- but MSU is going to get on probation.

QuadrupleOption
11-15-2017, 09:57 AM
I'm betting it's released this Friday. If not, then yeah they'll hold it until the week after Thanksgiving due to the holiday. Or maybe release it the Monday after, who knows.

Really Clark?
11-15-2017, 10:12 AM
They released Louisville on a Thur, ULL on a Tues, and UNC last month was on a Friday but they originally intended to release the Thur before. So the actual day of the week is somewhat random. I do think if they don't this week it will be after the EB, with it being a holiday.

Dawgology
11-15-2017, 10:29 AM
It would be great if we roll tsun by 4 TD's then the NCAA drops the sanctions that Friday morning.

TrapGame
11-15-2017, 10:36 AM
It would be great if we roll tsun by 4 TD's then the NCAA drops the sanctions that Friday morning.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2017, 10:39 AM
If it doesn’t come out this week it will be after Egg Bowl week. They won’t do it during Thanksgiving week, too many people out of the office.

beretta
11-15-2017, 11:26 AM
AS of this morning, the IHL commissioner has not received the COI letter. They get it at the exact same time as Ole Miss. You are correct. And they don't know when its coming, and was told 'it very well could be after the egg bowl'......

spot on

The COI isnt going to release their findings until after the Egg Bowl. They are protecting SA 39 and trying to control crowd problems at the game because of the sanctions heading toward Oxford. It has zero to do with some conspiracy against Ole Miss.

Yanci, SpiritChuck, and Neal have lied to you repeatedly in regards to Leo Lewis. He has not told anybody, especially the COI, that State gave him a ton of money. What he did tell the COI was that he got 10K from a Rebel lawyer, described his vehicle to a T, showed the calls to his phone, and that was verified with ol Barney's phone. The NCAA doesn't need proof of cash- they have all the proof of illegal contact that they need to hammer you.

State is not going to get in trouble in regards to LL. The NCAA is not in any way going to lose their Immunity power. State could have given Leo AJ Brown type money and it still wouldn't matter. It's simply not happening

Once the sanctions hit and they will include another year bowl ban, your best options to be Head Coach are going to be Ricky Woods, Lance Pogue, or John Perry.

Click an ad

MeridianDog
11-15-2017, 12:04 PM
It is funny to me that OM still thinks they will come out ok on this, with just the oops penalties they self imposed.

I am certain there will be MSU supporters who will be disappointed, including me, but the reasonable part of me understands the do not need a death penalty. The need to live with what they did for as long as possible and the best way for that to happen would be for a more than one year bowl ban (it won't be three) and a stern scholarship reduction over maybe 4 years (which means it will be a three year imposed ban).

I could care less about a show cause against their current and past staff, because who in their right mind would want to hire these sloppy cheaters? That means there will be two or more show causes. If it must be that, I would love to see one person who is still there (think AD) with a show cause that the school will be forced to address.

The next five years will be an interesting time for OM, because we will learn pretty quickly, if their boosters and administration have learned anything fro their encounter with the NCAA.

Jarius
11-15-2017, 12:20 PM
It only needs to be one additional bowl year for it to matter. A third year is pointless because they aren't making a bowl game after the 2016 class goes pro/transfers anyway. I would rather see a 2 year bowl ban with over 30 scholarships than a 3 year bowl ban and under 30. The bowl bans past next year will take care of their self.

MeridianDog
11-15-2017, 12:32 PM
It only needs to be one additional bowl year for it to matter. I would rather see a 2 year bowl ban with over 30 scholarships than a 3 year bowl ban and under 30. The bowl bans past next year will take care of their self.

This is correct. Two years is what I think will happen, unless someone at NCAA was really insulted by the OM attitude in the COI hearing. I think the 30 Scolly ban is a done deal.

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2017, 12:50 PM
30 is what SC got.

iPat09
11-15-2017, 01:24 PM
I have long thought that bowl bans shouldn't take place until the team has a bowl eligible season. If the team wins only 2-3 games, why ban them from something they can't go to anyway? Of course, this was before I knew depending on number of years, players could openly transfer.

Johnson85
11-15-2017, 02:53 PM
It is funny to me that OM still thinks they will come out ok on this, with just the oops penalties they self imposed.

I am certain there will be MSU supporters who will be disappointed, including me, but the reasonable part of me understands the do not need a death penalty. The need to live with what they did for as long as possible and the best way for that to happen would be for a more than one year bowl ban (it won't be three) and a stern scholarship reduction over maybe 4 years (which means it will be a three year imposed ban).

I could care less about a show cause against their current and past staff, because who in their right mind would want to hire these sloppy cheaters? That means there will be two or more show causes. If it must be that, I would love to see one person who is still there (think AD) with a show cause that the school will be forced to address.

The next five years will be an interesting time for OM, because we will learn pretty quickly, if their boosters and administration have learned anything fro their encounter with the NCAA.

They need something approaching the death penalty. And it has nothing to do with Ole Miss needing to be punished. If they get anything less than USC got, then a lot of teams are going to be doing some cost benefit analysis.

Political Hack
11-15-2017, 04:02 PM
You forgot to mention the video.

I seen it dawg
11-15-2017, 05:39 PM
And the other shitload of violations

Mimi's Babies
11-15-2017, 08:40 PM
I have long thought that bowl bans shouldn't take place until the team has a bowl eligible season. If the team wins only 2-3 games, why ban them from something they can't go to anyway? Of course, this was before I knew depending on number of years, players could openly transfer.

I agree with you.... SINCE, the NCAA did not except the sanctions, could the bowl bans not start AFTER the sanctions come out? Just thinking outside the box.

Reunion Dog
11-15-2017, 11:17 PM
AS of this morning, the IHL commissioner has not received the COI letter. They get it at the exact same time as Ole Miss. You are correct. And they don't know when its coming, and was told 'it very well could be after the egg bowl'......

spot on

what is scoop on the IHL Commisioner?
good guy?

Mimi's Babies
11-16-2017, 05:52 AM
what is scoop on the IHL Commisioner?
good guy?

If I remember correctly, the IHL Committee is no longer stacked the om booster fan base. One member had an office within 2 miles of the campus.