11-14-2017, 10:39 PM
1. Clemson
2. Okie
3. Auburn
4. Bama

I guess lol

Dallas_Dawg
11-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Tusk, you are already conceding the iron bowl? Damn, the trailer park is gonna be a mess!

TUSK
11-14-2017, 10:49 PM
I just wonder if the CFP Committee would adjust their rankings to hv 2 SEC teams meet in round 1.

Kinda like they did in baseball late 90s....

Commercecomet24
11-14-2017, 10:51 PM
I just wonder if the CFP Committee would adjust their rankings to hv 2 SEC teams meet in round 1.

They probably would just to make sure 2 sec teams didn?t meet in the nc game

Mjoelner34
11-14-2017, 10:59 PM
1. Oklahoma
2. Clemson
3. Auburn
4. Mississippi State

Those are MY picks. You asked for them.

The actual picks per your scenario would probably be:
1. Oklahoma
2. Clemson
3. Auburn
4. Bama

BulldogBear
11-14-2017, 11:01 PM
1. Oklahoma
2. Auburn
3. Alabama
4. Clemson (lost to potentially 4-8 school. 'Cuse hasn't won a game since then)

TUSK
11-14-2017, 11:08 PM
Tusk, you are already conceding the iron bowl? Damn, the trailer park is gonna be a mess!

You’re correct, I’d hate to be an insurance agent in East MS if Bammer gets their asses whipped by Auburn.

msstate7
11-14-2017, 11:10 PM
You would have to consider 3 teams imo... Ohio State, Miami, and bama.

Current rankings for opponents...

Ohio State wins: #5 Wisconsin, #10 penn st, #17 Michigan st, #24 Michigan
Losses: #4 Oklahoma, Iowa

Miami wins: #8 ND
Loss: #2 Clemson

Bama wins: #16 State, #20 lsu
Loss: #6 auburn

1bigdawg
11-14-2017, 11:12 PM
I would love for USCe to beat Clemson throw the whole thing up in the air.

Quaoarsking
11-14-2017, 11:20 PM
1 Oklahoma
2 Clemson
3 Alabama
4 Auburn

Don't think there would be much suspense on the announcement day.

TUSK
11-14-2017, 11:26 PM

Good synopsis. I concur.

Quaoarsking
11-14-2017, 11:28 PM
There's still a bunch of teams that control their own destiny. All of these teams are a lock if they win out and win their conference:
Alabama, Auburn, or Georgia
Miami or Clemson
Wisconsin
Oklahoma

If one of those bullet points isn't filled, the first bid would go to a 1-loss non-champion Alabama.

If we still need teams after that, all hell really breaks lose. It would depend on who wins the conferences, so TCU, Oklahoma State, Ohio State, USC, Washington, and Washington State could all be in the mix if they finish as 11-2 conference champions.

I guess Miami could be in the mix at 12-1 with a loss in the ACCCG, but only if none of the above fit. Same for Georgia at 11-2 with a loss in the SECCG, and both of those would be ahead of 10-2 Notre Dame in line.

Reason2succeed
11-14-2017, 11:53 PM
1. Oklahoma
2. Clemson
3. Auburn
4. Mississippi State

Those are MY picks. You asked for them.

The actual picks per your scenario would probably be:
1. Oklahoma
2. Clemson
3. Auburn
4. Bama

Go all the way.

1. Mississippi State
2. Rutgers
3. Kansas
4. Wake Forest

TUSK
11-15-2017, 12:37 AM
Go all the way.

1. Mississippi State
2. Rutgers
3. Kansas
4. Wake Forest

if yall slipped by WF, I'd think yalld be a lock...

Maroonthirteen
11-15-2017, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I agree with KO.

1. Oklahoma
2. Clemson
3. Auburn
4. Alabama

i think the only way Alabama gets left out is if Wisconsin wins out and Bama drops a game.

sonofozarka
11-15-2017, 01:29 PM

Agreed, Auburn, OU, & Clemson are going in that scenario. But why would Bama be more deserving than Ohio St, Miami, or even Wisconsin?

I don't think the committee is going to want 2 teams from 1 conference, so honestly I see Ohio St slipping in under this scenario b/c the committee has caught so much hell for putting in a team that didn't even make their conference championship game, much less won the conference.

If Bama loses IB, I think they're out, and honestly they should be since MSU/LSU are their best wins. Bama hasn't remotely proven they can beat a top 15 team and has a weak schedule. The only reason they'd get in would be because they'd get the benefit of the doubt because of the name on their jersey, not because of actual resume/wins

Token Bammer
11-15-2017, 02:45 PM
1. Clemson
2. Okie
3. Auburn
4. Bama

I guess lol

In the exact above case, yes. However, the problem may be Miami. If Miami wins every game other than the Clemson game for the ACC championship, but the game is close, the committee will have a debate on their hands as to which, BAMA or Miami, go on to the playoff. If Notre Dame continues to win I believe the committee will value that win for Miami more than any for BAMA, which would result in Miami getting the #4 spot imo. However, if Georgia was to drop another game, then that would hurt the value of the Notre Dame win some, so there are other factors still in play the committee may need to consider.

Personally, as I stated with UGA prior to them getting monkey stomped by AU, Georgia is/was overrated and so is/was Notre Dame. One dimensional football teams get beat by better football teams come crunch time.

It's going to be fun to watch. The Iron Bowl will be a war at their place. Hopefully, BAMA will take care of business and all of this discussion will be useless. Winning this game will be the most difficult game for BAMA moving forward imo, even if we make it to the playoffs or championship game. On the road against *U is no easy task, especially when it's for all the marbles and you know the au voodoo going on at Jurdan Hayur. Plus, our injuries at linebacker have changed the way this defense plays at the moment. If we get past *U, we will likely get at least one LB (possibly two) back for UGA (who I'm really not even worried about). Come playoff time, we'll have everyone healthy except Hamilton and we will be good to go. Not that Hamilton isn't a loss, but Wilson is a beast and does the job extremely well.

Apoplectic
11-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Hypothetical:

Bammer loses IB to AU by 1-3 points.
AU beats uga in seccg by 10+

Okie beats TCU in B12cg.

Clem beats Miami in acccg.

Ohio St beats Wisky by 10+ in B1Gcg.

Gimme your CFP teams, in order...

1.auburn
2.clempson
3.okie