PDA

View Full Version : Robert Woodard is a Dawg!

MCsMGs
11-14-2017, 08:30 PM
that was a forgone conclusion a I guess...

Political Hack
11-14-2017, 08:31 PM
Howland has us on the rise. Between him and Vic, the Hump is rocking again.

Commercecomet24
11-14-2017, 08:34 PM
That?s awesome! We have some of the best coaches in the country in all sports! Golden Age of MSU athletics!

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2017, 08:37 PM
It's getting the point where the talent level of the basketball team will just demand that we win.

There is only so bad you can be with that many 4 & 5 stars on the court.

Dawgology
11-14-2017, 08:50 PM
Welcome to the family Robert!

Irondawg
11-14-2017, 08:50 PM
I don't mean to be debbie downer but i just don't trust the 4-star basketball rankings for players in the south. I did this a few years ago but go back and look at A. Grant's recruiting at Bama. I'm better it's pretty similar to ours the past few years and he couldn't turn it into anything. The southern states generate a decent number of rated 4 stars but a good number of those don't become high level D1 players b/c of a lack of fundamentals and basketball IQ.

We saw that at the end of Rick's tenure as well with guys like Ravern and kodi.

Hoping the current guys can break that mold though. But I think some of you get a little too caught up in the recruiting stars and think we'll be able to win on talent alone.

Homedawg
11-14-2017, 08:56 PM
I don't mean to be debbie downer but i just don't trust the 4-star basketball rankings for players in the south. I did this a few years ago but go back and look at A. Grant's recruiting at Bama. I'm better it's pretty similar to ours the past few years and he couldn't turn it into anything. The southern states generate a decent number of rated 4 stars but a good number of those don't become high level D1 players b/c of a lack of fundamentals and basketball IQ.

Hoping the current guys can break that mold though. But I think some of you get a little too caught up in the recruiting stars and think we'll be able to win on talent alone.

Might ought to look at garrison brooks who was underrated.

IMissJack
11-14-2017, 09:03 PM
Man, if Malik Newman, and Brooks had stayed with MSU, we would have quite the legacy team...

Carter
Woodard
Perry
Newman
Brooks

MarketingBully
11-14-2017, 09:10 PM

Really dude? Really?

MCsMGs
11-14-2017, 09:12 PM
Might ought to look at garrison brooks who was underrated.

Yep! He started in NC's opener and posted solid results. Sucks that he really wanted to be at MSU.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-14-2017, 09:16 PM

One in every bunch....UNBEF%*#inglievable. All I can say.

Dawg61
11-14-2017, 09:19 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/14ceV8wMLIGO6Q/giphy.gif

Dawg61
11-14-2017, 09:27 PM
Really dude? Really?

It's a good point but not worth arguing over tonight. Let's just celebrate signing a 4* legacy instead.

https://media.giphy.com/media/t5OfidmB08yuk/giphy.gif

HoopsDawg
11-14-2017, 09:31 PM

It's true, recruiting sites don't put much effort into ranking basketball players. After the Top 40 it's a crapshoot.

I've seen Woodard play in person once. He played the 5 for Columbus last year and had 10 blocks in the game. I see Woodard as a 4 year college player. Good kid, good defense and room to improve especially with his shot and ball handling. No reason why he can't be a solid wing player and maybe be great for his junior and senior years.

Irondawg
11-14-2017, 09:40 PM
Fine - I'm happy we got Woodard, but I'm getting tired of reading how with all this talent we are bringing in that there is no way we can't make the NCAA on talent alone and I'm trying to warn y'all that it doesn't work like that.

I'm not trying to be a prick but having 8 four stars in your rotation doesn't punch your ticket. I'm skeptical until I see a team on the floor that looks like a good team playing actual basketball games.

Irondawg
11-14-2017, 09:43 PM
It's true, recruiting sites don't put much effort into ranking basketball players. After the Top 40 it's a crapshoot.

I've seen Woodard play in person once. He played the 5 for Columbus last year and had 10 blocks in the game. I see Woodard as a 4 year college player. Good kid, good defense and room to improve especially with his shot and ball handling. No reason why he can't be a solid wing player and maybe be great for his junior and senior years.

i need to go watch some video on him as i'm curious. I never really took time to follow him when it was trending that he was going somewhere else. He's got good size and if he already plays great defense that's something to build off of.

Oddly enough I remember a bunch of people on here being surprised that UNC even wanted Brooks as many considered him a bit of a project. That one might sting for a while if he really develops.

Dawg61
11-14-2017, 09:53 PM
Fine - I'm happy we got Woodard, but I'm getting tired of reading how with all this talent we are bringing in that there is no way we can't make the NCAA on talent alone and I'm trying to warn y'all that it doesn't work like that.

I'm not trying to be a prick but having 8 four stars in your rotation doesn't punch your ticket. I'm skeptical until I see a team on the floor that looks like a good team playing actual basketball games.

I agree with you but when Woodard logs in and sees this thread it should be nothing but high fives and congrats. Start another thread if you wanna bitch about Southern basketball players consistently being overrated. I'll contribute to it.

BayouDawg
11-14-2017, 09:58 PM
From what I've seen from Woodard he's not your stereotypical AAU diva like we've seen recently. I'm not naming any names "Malik" cough "Mario" cough cough.
Woodard seems to be a hard worker and a high energy guy.

Joe Schmedlap
11-14-2017, 09:59 PM
So, the team hasn’t been successful due to a fungus?:rolleyes:

1bigdawg
11-14-2017, 10:31 PM
I'm not trying to be a prick

Then it must come naturally for you. This is a thread congratulating the staff for signing a four star legacy and congratulating the young man himself. No need to make it something else.

Reason2succeed
11-15-2017, 12:04 AM
Clanga