PDA

View Full Version : OT-Memphis Restaurant Advice Needed

Alphadog
11-14-2017, 07:23 PM
Staying at the Memphis Hilton this weekend and wanted advise on restaurants in the area. Something fancy for the wife. I prefer a good steak. She will probably eat some sort of seafood. Any suggestions from locals?

DogsofAnarchy
11-14-2017, 07:34 PM
Staying at the Memphis Hilton this weekend and wanted advise on restaurants in the area. Something fancy for the wife. I prefer a good steak. She will probably eat some sort of seafood. Any suggestions from locals?

Buckleys Steakhouse is the best in Memphis. You may hear others but its not even close. If you want some atmosphere and a fun place for Cajun Seafood, The Bayou in midtown is a very fun place!! Sports bar atmosphere but GREAT food and fun place.

vv83
11-14-2017, 07:35 PM
If you're at the Hilton you have Folks Folly in that area. Pretty good steak house. Erling Jensen not too far either. Then there's a Capital Grill, Seasons 52, and Ruth's Chris all right there too if you don't mind a non local place

Big4Dawg
11-14-2017, 07:39 PM
Flight downtown is my favorite restaurant.

Alphadog
11-14-2017, 07:40 PM
If you're at the Hilton you have Folks Folly in that area. Pretty good steak house. Erling Jensen not too far either. Then there's a Capital Grill, Seasons 52, and Ruth's Chris all right there too if you don't mind a non local place

I was looking online at all of these. We've eaten at Ruth's Chris many times but none of the others. Which is the best in your opinion?

Diggs
11-14-2017, 07:42 PM
Flight is possibly the best restaurant I’ve ever been to.

Cowboydawg
11-14-2017, 09:07 PM
Flight

stalkingpoon
11-14-2017, 09:14 PM
Flight

stalkingpoon
11-14-2017, 09:16 PM
If you like steak The Butchers Shop is great. Houstons is good too.

BDAWG8
11-14-2017, 09:19 PM

Southern Social in Germantown

Lord McBuckethead
11-15-2017, 02:35 AM

I would go to the ButcherShop or Flight. Matter of fact I would go to flight. Had the Red Meat flight of steaks their. Included bone in Ribeye, Bison, and a Filet. Had a flight of scotch. And finished it off with a desert flight. It was a good meal.

Lord McBuckethead
11-15-2017, 02:36 AM
Flight downtown is my favorite restaurant.

I concur. I have only been there once, but it was awesome.

codeDawg
11-15-2017, 08:34 AM
In that area if you don't mind a chain, the Capitol Grille is as good and consistent as anything in America. I would go here if you are going to do a non-local option. If you want a close and local steak house, Folks Folly is the local staple.

The best restaurant in Memphis in my opinion is Andrew Michael Kitchen. It can be tough to get reservations this close though. It's classic Italian with a touch of southern American inspiration. Acre would be my next choice. Erling Jensen is French, and it is intimate, but it's never impressed me.

Going further out, Iris is amazing, but again you might have the trouble with reservations. If you want to go all the way downtown, I agree Flight is a great option.

Buckley's and the Butcher Shop have fine steaks, but they probably aren't what your wife is looking for.

CarolinaDawgs
11-15-2017, 09:03 AM
I was looking online at all of these. We've eaten at Ruth's Chris many times but none of the others. Which is the best in your opinion?

Folks Folly is LEGIT

vv83
11-15-2017, 10:22 AM

Out of those, go to Folks Folly if you're looking for a steak. I second everyone on here who says Flight is the best in Memphis though. About a 25 min drive on 240 from the Hilton

Commercecomet24
11-15-2017, 10:30 AM
Southern Social in Germantown

Really like Southern Social. Ate there this past July for the first time. Excellent.

DawgInMemphis
11-15-2017, 12:00 PM
Downtown:

Flight, McEwens, Rendezvous, Felicia Suzannes, Itta Bena, Automatic Slims

Midtown:

Beauty Shop, Kwik Chek (get the Bi Bim Bap), Iris, Sweet Grass, Alchemy, Bari

Close to Hilton:

Hog & Hominy, Andrew Michael, Folks Folly, Owen Brennan, Seasons 52,

Ari Gold
11-15-2017, 12:58 PM
Well according to OM fans on Twitter Oxford is a suburb of Memphis, and since Oxford is the greatest place to go and eat just hit the square.

fishwater99
11-15-2017, 01:26 PM
Butcher Block for a steak..

cpilkenton
11-15-2017, 06:22 PM

If you want fancy, Erling Jensen's in sort of the midtown/east memphis border is the best restaurant in the city and it's not close. A distant second would be Folk's Folly.