PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas fans are in a bad state of mind rihgt now

BulldogDX55
11-14-2017, 01:47 PM
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=647437.0

Took a look over on their largest fan forum, one which is known to have posters similar in intelligence and intensity to The Spirit. One guy, the OP, was attempting to find a way in which a beleaguered Hawg squad could possibly hope to match up with the us, and every other poster proceeds to take a massive dump on him. It reminds me of the Croom days over there. Glad I am not one of them.

Commercecomet24
11-14-2017, 01:56 PM
Wow, I almost feel bad for them. Almost lol

Maddawg90
11-14-2017, 02:06 PM
Yes, we should win big. HOWEVER, this is a SEC West road game against a team with nothing to lose. We cannot just show up and expect to the pigs to roll over. I do think they will pack it up if we get up early maybe 14-0, 21-0. If we bring the same intensity as the bama game, it'll be over by halftime.

TrapGame
11-14-2017, 02:11 PM
Miss state can come out flat as a 5 year old girl, and i still wouldn't like the hogs chances of playing good for 4 quarters. A half, sure, but not a whole game.

That made me laugh.

They have been very inconsistent. Auburn and Georgia embarrassed them. They beat UMass at home by 11. Coastal Carolina beat UMass by 10. The only good road game Mississippi State has played was a win over A&M where Aggie QBs threw 3INTs.

Arkansas hasn’t played well since A&M, which is the last time AA was healthy and set as starter. He now returns home for his last two games. Fitzgerald is good. So is Mississippi State. But intangibles come into play in college football far more than some realize. This is a game Arkansas can win and I hope there is a good crowd there to support the players.

Bless his little hog heart. He's searching for that silver lining.

Commercecomet24
11-14-2017, 02:16 PM
I liked this one:

"If Mullen is leaving for Florida or Tennessee, he probably knows it already, and his players may sense it, too."

Yeah they really showed they sensed in that awful performance against bama, you could tell their minds were on Dan leaving*****

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-14-2017, 02:20 PM
It is so ignorant to compare teams based on the scores of common opponents. I think I need to add this to my list on Dawg61's thread.

Really Clark?
11-14-2017, 02:21 PM
Wait, they used Coastal Carolina win over UMass to help their point? The same Coastal Carolina that nearly beat Ark in Ark?

Maroonthirteen
11-14-2017, 02:28 PM
Y'all cuss me if you want..... I don't feel good about it. I see a UMass type game coming...where they are with in a score in the last quarter and in possession of the ball. I hope I'm wrong but they were terrible in 2013 too and we went to OT with them. We would have lost if Nickoe Whitley doesn't strip that ball inside the 5.

Really Clark?
11-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Y'all cuss me if you want..... I don't feel good about it. I see a UMass type game coming...where they are with in a score in the last quarter and in possession of the ball. I hope I'm wrong but they were terrible in 2013 too and we went to OT with them.

We were 4-6 and WITHOUT Dak and a heavily banged up Tyler at QB that couldn't finish the game.

Maroonthirteen
11-14-2017, 02:36 PM
I couldn't remember if Russell was healthy but i remember he was taken out. Also I remember Perkins got hurt too early in that game.

We may beat the stink of Tusks but.... I've seen us play over there too many times.

One thing is for sure, 11am kick, that lsu beating, it will be a neutral environment.

Bubb Rubb
11-14-2017, 02:53 PM
We were 4-6 and WITHOUT Dak and a heavily banged up Tyler at QB that couldn't finish the game.

How quickly we forget. Dam Williams was our QB that day and we won anyway.

Todd4State
11-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Y'all cuss me if you want..... I don't feel good about it. I see a UMass type game coming...where they are with in a score in the last quarter and in possession of the ball. I hope I'm wrong but they were terrible in 2013 too and we went to OT with them. We would have lost if Nickoe Whitley doesn't strip that ball inside the 5.

If we go there and still win by 10+ like we did against UMass I won't complain.

Todd4State
11-14-2017, 03:26 PM

Ironically in part because of a good block by Josh Robinson of all people.

confucius say
11-14-2017, 03:27 PM

For like 5 plays. Tyler was hurt and gutted it out all day.

Commercecomet24
11-14-2017, 03:30 PM
If we go there and still win by 10+ like we did against UMass I won't complain.

Exactly! Any SEC win especially on the road is a great win no matter what the score is.

NCDawg
11-14-2017, 03:34 PM

I don't feel good about it either. We're coming off a tough game, and I doubt if we will be as up for Arkansas as we were for Alabama. I remember they beat us pretty bad last year. We should win but I just hope we don't take them lightly.

RunDog26
11-14-2017, 03:37 PM
Most of the Arkansas fans I know have already moved along to basketball season. They are especially gloomy since it appears they'll have BB for another year.

Todd4State
11-14-2017, 03:37 PM
I don't feel good about it either. We're coming off a tough game, and I doubt if we will be as up for Arkansas as we were for Alabama. I remember they beat us pretty bad last year. We should win but I just hope we don't take them lightly.

That was last year with Peter Sirmon as our DC. And we hung a ton of points on them. I think we're going to be fine.

Cooterpoot
11-14-2017, 04:37 PM
Close for a half, then we roll.

GoDawgz
11-14-2017, 04:41 PM
Hoping for no sleep walking! Just run the dang ball down their throats and get out without an injuries!

Bubb Rubb
11-14-2017, 04:49 PM
For like 5 plays. Tyler was hurt and gutted it out all day.

Tyler was a warrior that day but he also left mid-4th quarter. Williams led us on a drive to win the game (we missed a 40 yard FG, of course), and then won the game in OT on a QB run.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-14-2017, 05:04 PM
I would imagine they are still butt hurt about R. Perry as well. Some idiots were tweeting him the day he signed saying " I hope it was your decision and not your parents"...WTF is wrong with people? Twitter is out of control allowing dumbass lunatic fringe fans access to prospective and current student athletes. Shame

WPS
11-14-2017, 11:31 PM
I would imagine they are still butt hurt about R. Perry as well. Some idiots were tweeting him the day he signed saying " I hope it was your decision and not your parents"...WTF is wrong with people? Twitter is out of control allowing dumbass lunatic fringe fans access to prospective and current student athletes. Shame

There will always be those fans but can't be too upset, finished with the 9th best class even without him according to rivals.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-15-2017, 12:19 AM
There will always be those fans but can't be too upset, finished with the 9th best class even without him according to rivals.

Rivals? Really. They are a joke. That 9 looks like an 11 to me and I see it took 6 commits. NICE!

Ezsoil
11-15-2017, 01:03 AM
$5 tickets available on StubHub

Dental Dawg33
11-15-2017, 07:55 AM
We aren't losing either of our next two games unless Dan decides to throw every running play out of the playbook. We may have 700 yards rushing between the two games

BulldogBear
11-15-2017, 08:19 AM
Tyler was a warrior that day but he also left mid-4th quarter. Williams led us on a drive to win the game (we missed a 40 yard FG, of course), and then won the game in OT on a QB run.
Going to that game is a great memory. The State section was right in the SW corner on that end of the stadium. Williams ran it in from 25 yards out on the first play of OT! War Memorial in LR is an underrated venue. The game was late in the year so the trees are all in full autumn regalia. You park your vehicles in the huge park around the stadium. I managed to sneak my cowbell in but they were taking them from people in their seats so I didn't break it out until the end. It's funny because there were about a hundred that all came out at the end for celebration!

Dental Dawg33
11-15-2017, 08:43 AM
My memory of that venue is less pleasant. 2007 when McFadden and company beat us. We had a 300+ pound, red head female razorback sitting behind us and barked at us the entire game. She was straight out of the Deliverance. When we walked out of the stadium there was a huge brawl between Arkansas fans. Cops everywhere, pepper spray, people breaking beer bottles over others heads. Me, my buddy that weighed 130 soaking wet and the 4 girls that were with us grouped up with a dozen other state fans and made our way through the chaos. Watched a 70 year old state couple get knocked on the ground. We scooped them up with us and helped them out of the war zone. Arkansas fans were throwing food at us the whole way out. Nothing but trash and I'll never spend another dime attending a game there.

War Machine Dawg
11-15-2017, 08:58 AM
This game scares me. We *should* win, but we're going to be flat as hell after this past Saturday night. We poured every ounce of emotion into that game. The only thing in our favor is the game is at 11. The players don't have to sit around all day waiting for the game to start and the crowd shouldn't be as big. Hopefully once the hitting starts, we'll get a little amped up. But make no mistake, it's going to be ugly. I HATE having to play Arkansas between Bama & Northern Miss. It's the ultimate trap game for us.

Randolph Dupree
11-15-2017, 09:19 AM
We keep thinking the team is going to be flat and that might happen, but based on my twitter feed I get the impression that our guys are pissed and/or frustrated from last week?s loss. If we are looking to take out some agression and frustration this might actually turn out to be an epic beat down.

Commercecomet24
11-15-2017, 09:23 AM
We keep thinking the team is going to be flat and that might happen, but based on my twitter feed I get the impression that our guys are pissed and/or frustrated from last week?s loss. If we are looking to take out some agression and frustration this might actually turn out to be an epic beat down.

That?s the feeling I get too. They are pissed off, not down at all. We will find out Saturday. I think we come out and use the bama game as motivation to finish the year strong and whip our next 3 opponents. That will tell me we are taking the next step.

Jack Lambert
11-15-2017, 09:28 AM
We aren't losing either of our next two games unless Dan decides to throw every running play out of the playbook. We may have 700 yards rushing between the two games

I really thinking he is saving some special plays for Ole Miss.

Jack Lambert
11-15-2017, 09:29 AM
That?s the feeling I get too. They are pissed off, not down at all. We will find out Saturday. I think we come out and use the bama game as motivation to finish the year strong and whip our next 3 opponents. That will tell me we are taking the next step.

There are a lot of mental involved with 18 to 29 year old and that Bama lose will probably be a factor but going on the road and having a early start could help get their minds right. That change of way of doing things could help.

Commercecomet24
11-15-2017, 09:31 AM

I kinda get that feeling too. I think we been building to a STATEment game against the bears or sharks or whatever they are now. Its just a gut feeling but I believe we will play our best, most complete game Thanksgiving Night.

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2017, 09:38 AM

Why? We ought to be able to line it up and run it right at them.

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2017, 09:41 AM
My memory of that venue is less pleasant. 2007 when McFadden and company beat us. We had a 300+ pound, red head female razorback sitting behind us and barked at us the entire game. She was straight out of the Deliverance. When we walked out of the stadium there was a huge brawl between Arkansas fans. Cops everywhere, pepper spray, people breaking beer bottles over others heads. Me, my buddy that weighed 130 soaking wet and the 4 girls that were with us grouped up with a dozen other state fans and made our way through the chaos. Watched a 70 year old state couple get knocked on the ground. We scooped them up with us and helped them out of the war zone. Arkansas fans were throwing food at us the whole way out. Nothing but trash and I'll never spend another dime attending a game there.

Mine is even less pleasant. It was the 11-11 game back in the 90s. That might be THE worst football game I have ever been at on any level....and that?s saying a LOT. Both teams tried to out sorry each other and neither could do it. To top it off a MSU fan sitting behind us had a serious stroke in the stands.

TrapGame
11-15-2017, 09:44 AM

Remember the talk around here a month ago that Key Thompson was lining up as a WR on some plays in practice? (Gray being hurt may have put this play on the back burner.)

And I'd love to see another Jamal Peters sweep.

And I'd really love to see Leo lined up as a RB for a td on a goal line play.

tcdog70
11-15-2017, 10:03 AM
have we only beat them once at Fayetteville? I think Leo and Simmons will not let the defense sink into a funk. They are still mad about Bama. Hope our OL comes out pumped up about all the good press they have been getting.This is a true trap game.

BB30
11-15-2017, 10:18 AM
Just depends on the mindset of 18-22 year olds haha. I think we win but it will be a close game in the 1st half, think we pull away late.

Maroonthirteen
11-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Mine is even less pleasant. It was the 11-11 game back in the 90s. That might be THE worst football game I have ever been at on any level....and that?s saying a LOT. Both teams tried to out sorry each other and neither could do it. To top it off a MSU fan sitting behind us had a serious stroke in the stands.

I was at that game. 1993. 13-13 tie. Jordan was the QB and got hurt. Taite, freshman, came in and we couldn't do anything on offense. That's about I remember of the game.

I've been to war memorial for lots of our games. The LR crowd is mostly sidewalk alums. War memorial is an out dated venue but you are right on top of the field. Not a bad seat in there.

parabrave
11-15-2017, 11:39 AM

Sounds like the West Virginia game when we played then up there.

TimberBeast
11-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Ironically in part because of a good block by Josh Robinson of all people.

Well of course it was, it only took him 2 years to learn how right?