PDA

View Full Version : There are still a TON of tickets.............

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2017, 12:37 PM
left for the Egg Bowl. Sales are gonna have to pick up fast if it is going to be a sell out. We are going to be going for our 8th or 9th win. That is fantastic for us and esp THIS season. Come on folks!!!!!!

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2017, 12:39 PM
Probably because OM returned all theirs.

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Probably because OM returned all theirs.

There are big blocks left both in the upper west (probably UM tickets) and the upper east. The east side ones are definitely not returned tickets.

basedog
11-13-2017, 12:47 PM
TV and Turkey Day, I will be at the Egg Bowl, I'm thinking about buying a Maroon Jersey with #39 and wearing it!

Times have changed Liver, you and I have been around a long time, kids tonight or even young folks don't have the same entertainment values. I'm glad we ain't talking about expanding the stadium. Use the money to improve what we have.

bluelightstar
11-13-2017, 12:54 PM
Unfortunately, I know of several ticketholders who have to do out-of-state Thanksgiving (part of why I wish we wouldn't play this game on Thanksgiving night).

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2017, 01:02 PM
Unfortunately, I know of several ticketholders who have to do out-of-state Thanksgiving (part of why I wish we wouldn't play this game on Thanksgiving night).

I usually don't make it when it's on Thanksgiving either, but I'm making an exception this year. I want to support this team.

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2017, 01:07 PM
TV and Turkey Day, I will be at the Egg Bowl, I'm thinking about buying a Maroon Jersey with #39 and wearing it!

Times have changed Liver, you and I have been around a long time, kids tonight or even young folks don't have the same entertainment values. I'm glad we ain't talking about expanding the stadium. Use the money to improve what we have.

I agree, our capacity is about right for the current environment. What we need more of is boxes. That's where the money is now. To me the ideal thing would be to put boxes where the west side chairbacks are and then bowl in the south end to keep the capacity where it is.

I like that jersey idea. My guess is some store like the Lodge could make a killing on those.

IMissJack
11-13-2017, 01:10 PM
I usually don't make it when it's on Thanksgiving either, but I'm making an exception this year. I want to support this team.

Same. Coming from TX and doing Thanksgiving on Sat.

Cooterpoot
11-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Should've never scheduled it for Thanksgiving day. It's a tv game and nothing else.

BrunswickDawg
11-13-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm doing my part - driving in from South GA Wednesday. 4 tickets in Section 20. Only home game could make this season.

basedog
11-13-2017, 01:14 PM
I agree, our capacity is about right for the current environment. What we need more of is boxes. That's where the money is now. To me the ideal thing would be to put boxes where the west side chairbacks are and then bowl in the south end to keep the capacity where it is.

I like that jersey idea. My guess is some store like the Lodge could make a killing on those.

Well ED should take the idea of selling Jersey #39, it would be good for their agenda***

Tbonewannabe
11-13-2017, 01:16 PM
It being on Thanksgiving is going to cost attendance. I doubt any team could truly sell out on Thanksgiving. Too many people have family obligations and some have to travel. You can't blame folks when it is more to do with scheduling than anything. Oddly enough, my wife can go because it is on Thanksgiving so it works for us. She works in retail so she hasn't gotten to go to an Egg Bowl in a while.

Maroonthirteen
11-13-2017, 01:25 PM
My family will be there but I'll be rushing out of a thanksgiving lunch and skipping a supper.

However I'm lucky. I understand if others don't show. Thanksgiving is a day for family. I don't know why we have to agree to playing it on This day.

louisvilledawg
11-13-2017, 01:31 PM
I'm thankful i married someone with almost the same passion as I have for MSU Sports. My wife's birthday is on Thanksgiving/Egg Bowl, and she said no way she would miss the game that Thursday. We'll been having Thanksgiving stuff on Wednesday in Lobutcha, then heading up Thursday morning for the game (hopefully play Mossy Oak GC that morning.)

Tbonewannabe
11-13-2017, 01:32 PM
My family will be there but I'll be rushing out of a thanksgiving lunch and skipping a supper.

However I'm lucky. I understand if others don't show. Thanksgiving is a day for family. I don't know why we have to agree to playing it on This day.

We are basically eating Thanksgiving lunch and then driving to tailgate and have a Friendsgiving before the game. It does make it where my wife might not see my parents because she has to work the day before in Huntsville and the day after Thanksgiving in Birmingham.

Jarius
11-13-2017, 01:41 PM
I need 2 tickets if anyone has 2 for sale in the lower level. I will do my part to put maroon butts in the seats. Would rather not sit up top though.

Bucky Dog
11-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Doing lunch in Jackson at 11:00. Leaving at 2:00 for Vegas. I know that at least half of our tailgate isn’t making it.

louisvilledawg
11-13-2017, 01:49 PM
I need 2 tickets if anyone has 2 for sale in the lower level. I will do my part to put maroon butts in the seats. Would rather not sit up top though.

Brah honestly, just wait til about 20 minutes before kickoff. All those people jacking prices on 3rd party places will be scrambling to sell their lower level tix. I had two upper deck tickets i got for 50 bucks each early in the year. Just happened to go to a 3rd party site on the way in to the stadium.. bought 2 for $38 each in section 18 row like 15

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2017, 01:49 PM

There are plenty of singles in the lower deck.

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2017, 02:02 PM
Im going with 2 others section 4 west side

LC Dawg
11-13-2017, 02:10 PM
I think its time for a local company to buy the rest of the tickets and give them to people who may otherwise not be able to attend. It solves the problem of the sellout and its a nice gesture for the beginning of the holiday season.

Jarius
11-13-2017, 02:30 PM
Brah honestly, just wait til about 20 minutes before kickoff. All those people jacking prices on 3rd party places will be scrambling to sell their lower level tix. I had two upper deck tickets i got for 50 bucks each early in the year. Just happened to go to a 3rd party site on the way in to the stadium.. bought 2 for $38 each in section 18 row like 15

Yea. I need to be as far away as possible from Ole Miss fans during that game. I either have to be on the west side or as close to the student section without being in the student section as possible. I know it sounds picky, but F those ass holes. I'm not going to sit near them if possible.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-13-2017, 03:44 PM
Wait until this coming up Monday. You will see the tickets go pretty quickly.

Turfdawg67
11-13-2017, 06:36 PM
I?ll be wearing my ?Hey Hugh? shirt if I can score 4 tickets. Like Brunswick, traveling about 6 1/2 hrs for my only game of the year.

shannondawg
11-13-2017, 06:48 PM

I sure would hate for my chairbacks in front of the old presidents box to go. Had em since the were built. Grandkids are using em now along with their dad and me.

Mimi's Babies
11-13-2017, 06:51 PM
Should've never scheduled it for Thanksgiving day. It's a tv game and nothing else.

Egg Bowl is a BIG money maker for MSU.... Now will OM receive any of the money Good Question????

Two years ago we tailgated, had Thanksgiving with our Bulldawg Family, Gave Thanks and went to the Game.... This year, we are having lunch and then on to the game... Make a way folks... 30 People will be at my house... 4:00 pm, I am leaving my grands at home, for this game.... Let's do this....

BulldogBear
11-13-2017, 09:34 PM
Me plus 2

fader2103
11-13-2017, 09:44 PM
I wish I could make it but the wife is a traditionalist, and football on Turkey Day is not a tradition to her family.

stalkingpoon
11-13-2017, 10:06 PM
I need 3 lowers if anyone has any for sell

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2017, 09:04 AM
Yea. I need to be as far away as possible from Ole Miss fans during that game. I either have to be on the west side or as close to the student section without being in the student section as possible. I know it sounds picky, but F those ass holes. I'm not going to sit near them if possible.

I don?t think there will be that many of them there this year. As has been pointed out a lot of the available tickets are returned Rebel ones.

Bubb Rubb
11-14-2017, 09:25 AM
It being on Thanksgiving is going to cost attendance. I doubt any team could truly sell out on Thanksgiving. Too many people have family obligations and some have to travel. You can't blame folks when it is more to do with scheduling than anything. Oddly enough, my wife can go because it is on Thanksgiving so it works for us. She works in retail so she hasn't gotten to go to an Egg Bowl in a while.

Attendance at Thanksgiving Egg Bowls haven't been much of a problem in the past.

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Attendance at Thanksgiving Egg Bowls haven't been much of a problem in the past.

Nope. Never been a problem.

3rdGen
11-14-2017, 09:43 AM
Will be there!!! Fired up about it already.....cold, wet .... don?t care!

stalkingpoon
11-14-2017, 09:44 AM

I think it should be Thanksgiving every year. 2 of my fondest EB memories have came on Thanksgiving day with the Tip, Pick and Kick and 2013 Bo "Wallacing" in the endzone.

RocketDawg
11-14-2017, 09:52 AM
I can see how Thanksgiving Day games are fine ... if you live in the area. But most of us do not. So you either go to the game, or you spend time with your family. You can't do both if you live several hours away.

Johnson85
11-14-2017, 10:26 AM

My favorite thanksgiving ever was a thanksgiving tailgate for the egg bowl. But that just doesn't work for a lot of people. Have to have family that is open to it and also have to have family without anybody too old to handle tailgating.