PDA

View Full Version : Stop at .036 and tell me if that is not helmet to helmet on the Fitz.

Jack Lambert
11-13-2017, 11:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VWnCw92f7c

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2017, 11:09 AM
Other than the Ridley, hide & go seek out of bounds big play, I thought is was a very well officiated game.

We can nit pick, but they let the teams play.

TrapGame
11-13-2017, 11:19 AM
I know one thing, if Fitz hits that first pass for a TD - which it would have been - it's a whole different ball game from then on.

Tbonewannabe
11-13-2017, 11:51 AM
I know one thing, if Fitz hits that first pass for a TD - which it would have been - it's a whole different ball game from then on.

With the environment and getting that kind of momentum would have been huge. Fitz has to get better at the deep ball. That was the one thing that Staley was better at than Fitz. He has a cannon of an arm, he just needs to develop touch. Graduating early and getting to work on being a QB for Jan - Aug will be huge. If he takes a step in his passing game then he might be a legitimate Heisman hopeful if we can do as well as we think.

TrapGame
11-13-2017, 11:55 AM
With the environment and getting that kind of momentum would have been huge. Fitz has to get better at the deep ball. That was the one thing that Staley was better at than Fitz. He has a cannon of an arm, he just needs to develop touch. Graduating early and getting to work on being a QB for Jan - Aug will be huge. If he takes a step in his passing game then he might be a legitimate Heisman hopeful if we can do as well as we think.

People were thinking that Fitz would take the Dak Step in his junior year but I believe he is behind Dak in passing b/c of his lack of HS experience. So, next season we will see a big step for him in the passing game and with the addition of Guidry and Heath it could be a HUGE step.

Homedawg
11-13-2017, 12:18 PM
People were thinking that Fitz would take the Dak Step in his junior year but I believe he is behind Dak in passing b/c of his lack of HS experience. So, next season we will see a big step for him in the passing game and with the addition of Guidry and Heath it could be a HUGE step.

Fitz is a perfect fit for our offense, I love what he's done and looking forward to next year. With that said, I don't expect him to make some huge jump passing. It's a gift, some just are better than others doing it and while he probably will improve, I just don't see a guy thats ever going to be a great passer. And I wouldn't trade him for anyone even knowing that.

Coach 57
11-13-2017, 12:30 PM
No our offense is perfect for him. That’s what good coaches do, they take a kid’s skill set & tailor things to fit his skill set. Dan has done a great job with this since he’s been here.

Tbonewannabe
11-13-2017, 01:29 PM
Fitz is a perfect fit for our offense, I love what he's done and looking forward to next year. With that said, I don't expect him to make some huge jump passing. It's a gift, some just are better than others doing it and while he probably will improve, I just don't see a guy thats ever going to be a great passer. And I wouldn't trade him for anyone even knowing that.

Is it doing something 10,000 to master it? If that is the case then I doubt Fitz has thrown 10,000 deep passes. Sure he has thrown the ball but it is purely his touch on the deep ball that he really needs to work on. He actually throws into some tight windows which makes me think he easily has NFL level arm strength. He just has to learn how to drop it on the receiver instead of just chunking it. Hopefully over the next year that develops for him especially when he doesn't have to worry about more than 1 or 2 classes in grad school.

Sacrifice
11-13-2017, 02:16 PM
I thought after the first drive Fitz threw the ball great. Great back shoulder throw to Thomas, I don?t know why we don?t do that more.

Great pass to Green down the seam, great pass down the sideline to Thomas that was dropped, killed the drive and resulted in a punt.

Great pass to Todd that he misplayed in the air and that killed another drive.
Great pass to Couch that hit him right in the chest and bounced off and almost got picked off.

The pass to Mixson toward the end of the 3rd Q was NFL caliber. Nice pass to D Thomas for a big gain also on that same drive.
like how he was checking the ball down more to the backs in this game too.

Is he a finished product? HELL NO! But he?s defiantly improving as a passer, it?s obvious. If he starts hitting the over 20 yard balls like hes hitting the under 20 balls, hell be a high NFL pick, no doubt.

MetEdDawg
11-13-2017, 02:30 PM

People forget Fitz played WR for the first 3 years of high school and that he only threw 74 passes his senior year. The amount of growth we have seen from him given his starting point I think is more than the growth we saw from Dak during his career.

Doesn't mean Fitz is better, but just think about the fact that Dak probably threw close to 1,000 more passes in games over his high school career than Fitz and the thousands and thousands of practice throws that he got that Fitz never did. Not just from a year over year perspective, but look at the offense difference. Dude ran a triple option. So he's getting even less throws because of the offense he ran in high school. Then think about where Mullen has gotten Fitz to from that and the amount of respect he has around the SEC. Best QB development job Mullen has done to date in my opinion.

Tbonewannabe
11-13-2017, 03:28 PM
I thought after the first drive Fitz threw the ball great. Great back shoulder throw to Thomas, I don?t know why we don?t do that more.

Great pass to Green down the seam, great pass down the sideline to Thomas that was dropped, killed the drive and resulted in a punt.

Great pass to Todd that he misplayed in the air and that killed another drive.
Great pass to Couch that hit him right in the chest and bounced off and almost got picked off.

The pass to Mixson toward the end of the 3rd Q was NFL caliber. Nice pass to D Thomas for a big gain also on that same drive.
like how he was checking the ball down more to the backs in this game too.

Is he a finished product? HELL NO! But he?s defiantly improving as a passer, it?s obvious. If he starts hitting the over 20 yard balls like hes hitting the under 20 balls, hell be a high NFL pick, no doubt.

These drops are the biggest difference between us and Bama, UGA, and AU. Those teams just don't have the drops that we do on top of their WRs win 50/50 balls and we just don't. It is similar to how either Todd or Couch had a catch taken away for an interception. We have to get those type of plays to go our way instead of against us to take the next step. If our players just catch the passes that hit them in the hands and chest then we might have beaten Bama. We also have a lot better shot at AU and UGA. Right now we have to totally dominate at the line of scrimmage because our passing offense doesn't scare good defenses. We are good enough to beat good defenses like that but not great defenses enough.

I think we have talent but we just need to be consistent.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-13-2017, 03:42 PM
no it's not

Commercecomet24
11-13-2017, 05:11 PM

Very well said.

TrapGame
11-13-2017, 05:16 PM
People forget Fitz played WR for the first 3 years of high school and that he only threw 74 passes his senior year. The amount of growth we have seen from him given his starting point I think is more than the growth we saw from Dak during his career.

Very true. I think Fitz and Mullen really work on passing in the off season. Once Fitz becomes as solid passer to complement his running it will be lights out with this offense.

Commercecomet24
11-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Fitz is first and foremost one hell of a competitor. He plays hard and leaves it all on the field. He may never be Tom Brady but he doesn't have to be in our offense. His talents are perfectly suited to Dans offense. I love watching the guy play and the way he plays. He's gonna finish strong this year and have a special season next year. Dang just thinking about what Dak did and now thinking about the legacy Fitz is gonna leave, it just blows my mind. And now we got others in the pipeline as well. QBU!