PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lashely

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2017, 09:17 AM
I saw him on the sidelines the other night. What a good looking kid. Not sure how much better we'd be with him but it's clear that he's nothing but a "chicken eater" at Bama.

That's what players who eat all the chicken and never play are called.

sscjr1
11-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Was he sitting next to Nigel Knott?

BulldogDX55
11-13-2017, 09:24 AM
Was he sitting next to Nigel Knott?

Nigel Not playing, am I right?

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2017, 09:29 AM
The real losses out of that class were Voldemort and Reakwon Davis

Ifyouonlyknew
11-13-2017, 09:30 AM
Nigel is hurt.

Irondawg
11-13-2017, 09:34 AM
YEah if we had Davis l can’t imagine how good our DL would be

Leeshouldveflanked
11-13-2017, 09:35 AM
Lashley is 3rd string behind a true Freshman....may never see significant playing time if he is not processed in the next year...

stalkingpoon
11-13-2017, 09:36 AM
If he can't start at Bama he damn sure can't start here***

TrapGame
11-13-2017, 09:38 AM
The real losses out of that class were Voldemort and Reakwon Davis

Holy Hell, Bama got a five star necromancer?!!**

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2017, 09:49 AM

It's not that. It's that we are pretty good on the OL.

He may be better than Reese, Rankin, & Eiland, but I'm not sure it's a slam dunk

shoeless joe
11-13-2017, 09:54 AM
He was a project from the get go. Folks were blinded by the stars. As long as he's not hampered by the same injuries that plagued him in high school he could end up being a solid player. He's got the size and measurables no doubt. Bama, like us, saw this and took a shot on him thinking he could develop into a studd...which is still possible. But he would definitely been more likely to see the field for us.

Cooterpoot
11-13-2017, 09:57 AM
Screw Lashley and his punk ***. Hope he rots on the bench until he's processed.

stalkingpoon
11-13-2017, 10:19 AM
It's not that. It's that we are pretty good on the OL.

He may be better than Reese, Rankin, & Eiland, but I'm not sure it's a slam dunk

Not a shot at you. I don't think he would start here either. He was just big and didn't have great footwork in HS. It would've been nice to have him, but I don't think we are hurting on the OL at all.

Dawgology
11-13-2017, 10:22 AM
That was a move by Saban to keep him from coming to State. That’s all it was. Hate it for the kid but he might get a NC ring for at least being on the team. To some playing time is less important than others I guess.

Johnson85
11-13-2017, 10:22 AM

Well, who do you think he'd be starting over?

I certainly wish we had him, as I think it's likely he'd at least be in the two deep, but we're not really hurting on the OL this year.

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2017, 10:25 AM
That was a move by Saban to keep him from coming to State. That’s all it was. Hate it for the kid but he might get a NC ring for at least being on the team. To some playing time is less important than others I guess.

Probably a smart move by Saban

As we saw last night, when our offense has quality OL, it’s hard to stop

parabrave
11-13-2017, 11:43 AM
We have 2 future all sec tackles for the next 2 years playing for us right now. He can stay at Bama.

Homedawg
11-13-2017, 12:24 PM
wow how the tone has changed for the good on this subject.

msbulldog
11-13-2017, 01:15 PM

Wow Homey, I was just thinking the same thing, hadn't been that long ago people were crying over Lashley.

TrapGame
11-13-2017, 01:17 PM
Wow Homey, I was just thinking the same thing, hadn't been that long ago people were crying over Lashley.

And while we are on subject, does anybody know if Mixon is playing at AU?

GoDawgz
11-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Our OL is eating DL's right now and doing a great job protecting Fitz! Just need to get a lil mean streak in them like Gabe "Big Smooth" Jackson and maybe a lil dirty streak like Dillon "I will stomp on you" Day.
Overall they have been the pleasant surprise of 2017.
As far as Lashely.......just another casualty of the Alabama recruiting machine that was started by The Bear years ago....recruit them so no one else will get them.

Turfdawg67
11-13-2017, 05:44 PM

Hahahahaha! Yep, got to love our fans. Psst, we?re not atrocious at WR either.

Turfdawg67
11-13-2017, 05:51 PM
Our OL is eating DL's right now and doing a great job protecting Fitz! Just need to get a lil mean streak in them like Gabe "Big Smooth" Jackson and maybe a lil dirty streak like Dillon "I will stomp on you" Day.
Overall they have been the pleasant surprise of 2017.
As far as Lashely.......just another casualty of the Alabama recruiting machine that was started by The Bear years ago....recruit them so no one else will get them.

Sir, you have not been posting on here long enough so I’ll let you in on a secret. That’s BS, Lashley didn’t come here because all recruits hate Hevesay and Dan and his country club coaches don’t try hard enough. And we don’t care that they can obviously evaluate talent... 2* OL simply can’t compete against the Bamas and LSUs of the world! ***

Commercecomet24
11-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Hahahahaha! Yep, got to love our fans. Psst, we?re not atrocious at WR either.

Our wrs and tes may not be Randy Moss?s but those son of a guns block their butts off. Just watch em block sometime. The reason Fitz gets big yardage on the edges and the bubbles go is because those young men are unselfish and block their butts off! Got to give em some love!

BeastMan
11-13-2017, 08:51 PM
Lashley made a dumb decision and is paying the consequences. He's on the bad end of a life lesson which will be even worse when he's 30, out of football, and living in West Point. See how many opportunities their trailer park following in the Golden Triangle will afford him business/career wise.

Dallas_Dawg
11-13-2017, 09:04 PM
Our wrs and tes may not be Randy Moss?s but those son of a guns block their butts off. Just watch em block sometime. The reason Fitz gets big yardage on the edges and the bubbles go is because those young men are unselfish and block their butts off! Got to give em some love!

Great post.

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2017, 09:11 PM
Lashley made a dumb decision and is paying the consequences. He's on the bad end of a life lesson which will be even worse when he's 30, out of football, and living in West Point. See how many opportunities their trailer park following in the Golden Triangle will afford him business/career wise.

Yup. This all the way

3rdGen
11-13-2017, 09:25 PM

The truth hurts... ouch.

Todd4State
11-13-2017, 10:56 PM
Sir, you have not been posting on here long enough so I’ll let you in on a secret. That’s BS, Lashley didn’t come here because all recruits hate Hevesay and Dan and his country club coaches don’t try hard enough. And we don’t care that they can obviously evaluate talent... 2* OL simply can’t compete against the Bamas and LSUs of the world! ***

Anyone can have a bad decade. We're all glad Hevesy finally seems to have figured it out and made the corrections that they have to get us to where we are now.

GoDawgz
11-14-2017, 11:58 AM

I would love for State to recruit 5*s at every position just as much as you would, but it seems as if our 2* OL did a pretty good job this past Saturday night, at least from what I could see. Lashely made his choice and he will have to live with it, who knows, might even get a ring out from it. But thank you for letting me in on the secret.