PDA

View Full Version : Chip Kelly to Florida?

Todd4State
11-13-2017, 02:03 AM
I heard a rumor that he might be their next head coach.

It makes sense to me because I firmly believe that Florida has their next head coach lined up- but they are keeping it quiet for now. That's the only explaination I can think of for how they have handled McElwain after what he has done there. Kelly isn't doing anything right now. He also has some connections to Urban Meyer as a member of the New Hampshire mafia- and runs an offense that has been successful there. Plus he has some NFL ties as well. He does have the show cause issue- but I think Florida would be willing to work through that to get him. And in their minds it has to be easier to recruit at Florida than Oregon- which is probably a correct assumption on their part.

So, it seems to make sense.

Plus I'm pretty sure Tennessee is going to go all in on the Jon Gruden train and they might do like Alabama did to Saban and just keep throwing money at him until he says "yes".

Really Clark?
11-13-2017, 02:17 AM
His show cause has expired. Although the baggage will follow him and they will have to put a plan in place to make sure he stays out of trouble a second time.

Bubb Rubb
11-13-2017, 07:33 AM
I don't get the Gruden stuff at Tennessee. He is going to be an epic failure there if he takes the job. He is exactly the opposite of what they need to be successful right now. Imagine that the 10 year, 10 million per year rumor is true....and they're 4 years in and no better off.....what do they do? It might be the final nail in the coffin of Tennessee football as we know it.

Reason2succeed
11-13-2017, 07:55 AM
Gruden has coached his last football game. He ain’t going to Tennessee. They might as well start stomaching the fact that Mike Norvell from Memphis will be their next coach.

msstate7
11-13-2017, 08:19 AM
Gruden has coached his last football game. He ain’t going to Tennessee. They might as well start stomaching the fact that Mike Norvell from Memphis will be their next coach.

They could do a lot worse

Big4Dawg
11-13-2017, 08:36 AM
Urban isn’t in the New Hampshire mafia. Mullen is.

1bigdawg
11-13-2017, 09:06 AM
Nor Elle will probably be at Arkansas next year.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-13-2017, 09:31 AM
They could do a lot worse

Could do a lot better also.

Saltydog
11-13-2017, 09:55 AM
NT

Cooterpoot
11-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Kelly in that Florida culture would be something. He and Dan are pretty tight, so I'm not sure he'd want to go to Florida.

Hasu Dackds
11-13-2017, 10:05 AM
I agree it's a good hire. As weird as it sounds, there really are only a few schools that TRULY recruit themselves, and Florida is one of them. If the guy was able to assemble national championship talent at Oregon, he can do it at Florida. Speed everywhere and more brawn than he had up there.

I wouldn't take a chance on Frost if I could get Kelly, NCAA or not.

Really Clark?
11-13-2017, 10:06 AM
The only pause some are having with Norvell is they are afraid that they hire another coat-tail coach. Two years right behind Fuente might be a little quick to determine if he is his own coach. The Butch Jones following Brian Kelly jobs is going to make them do extra work on Norvell. I think he is a good coach but I can understand wanting to see more than 2 years at a lower tier job.