PDA

View Full Version : Mullen Watch Time

Cooterpoot
11-12-2017, 03:48 PM
TN fired Butch. 247 say they?re coming after Mullen.

Dawgology
11-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Good luck to them. They will need it.

Liverpooldawg
11-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Mullen ain't leaving.

Pollodawg
11-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Mullen isn’t leaving a 10-11 win team next season for that cluster. They almost can’t affors Dan for what it would take to get him.

starkvegasdawg
11-12-2017, 03:55 PM
TN fired Butch. 247 say they?re coming after Mullen.

24/7 can suck my left nut until my right nut cums.

thf24
11-12-2017, 04:00 PM
I don't know whether their delusion that their job is a shred better than ours, even without considering the current state of each program, is more funny or sad.

Commercecomet24
11-12-2017, 04:00 PM
I cant imagine anyone leaving a team that will compete for the west next year for a absolute dumpster fire. Stranger things have happened but I consider Dan to be a very intelligent man. He said it last night he aint going anywhere. He came here to win a championship, Dan would go down as one of the greatest coaches in cfb history winning a championship somewhere people say it can?t be done. I think he lives for that. I also get the strange feeling Dans becoming one of us

Dawgtini
11-12-2017, 04:42 PM
I cant imagine anyone leaving a team that will compete for the west next year for a absolute dumpster fire. Stranger things have happened but I consider Dan to be a very intelligent man. He said it last night he aint going anywhere. He came here to win a championship, Dan would go down as one of the greatest coaches in cfb history winning a championship somewhere people say it can?t be done. I think he lives for that. I also get the strange feeling Dans becoming one of us

This. I think he is becoming one of us and that Megan and Cannon already have...lol So, Hail Freakin State!

BeardoMSU
11-12-2017, 05:00 PM
24/7 can suck my left nut until my right nut cums.
http://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPy1r80ewcadIiY/giphy.gif

Leeshouldveflanked
11-12-2017, 05:11 PM
UT at best, is a lateral job....

Mutt the Hoople
11-12-2017, 06:23 PM
I can see Dan Mullen leaving for a Top 5 job. Tier-one schools like Notre Dame, State Penn, Michigan, Ohio State, or USC might get Dan....for a price. If he leaves, he wants to go to a place where he can recruit 5-*'s and doesn't have a psychotic fan base that will give the Mullen family PTSD.

The Mississippi State University has a budget big enough, and an Athletic Director smart enough, to keep Dan here. We ain't "'po 'lil mitipi state" who can't pay their coaches anymore.

Commercecomet24
11-12-2017, 06:25 PM
I can see Dan Mullen leaving for a Top 5 job. Tier-one schools like Notre Dame, State Penn, Michigan, Ohio State, or USC might get Dan....for a price. If he leaves, he wants to go to a place where he can recruit 5-*'s and doesn't have a psychotic fan base that will give the Mullen family PTSD.

The Mississippi State University has a budget big enough, and an Athletic Director smart enough, to keep Dan here. We ain't "'po 'lil mitipi state" who can't pay their coaches anymore.

Very well said!

RocketDawg
11-12-2017, 06:27 PM

The crowd support last night and in other major games (UMass and such don't count) plays a major factor in him feeling at home also. I think he's our Frank Beamer.

Irondawg
11-12-2017, 06:34 PM
The only concern I have is in the media post game presser I watched earlier today he was talking about the fans and the program and talked about "they" instead of "we". It may have been absolutely nothing but it caught my ear that for a second he almost talked about it in a past tense from his end.

It's going to be an interesting coaching search season for sure this year.

msbulldog
11-12-2017, 07:26 PM
I just spent about an hour reading a Mullen thread at Volnation.com, it was 65 pages. The vast majority of their posters felt like Mullen was not good enough for UT.

Homedawg
11-12-2017, 07:51 PM
He's at or near the top of their list. This isn't new info. If he doesn't go there it won't be because of some slive rule that doesn't exist, it will be because he doesn't want it. Obviously, we have some anxious administrators, but we will be prepared either way. This won't be the last job that chases him and sooner or later he will bolt, just part of it. But ut isn't the job it once was for sure.

yjnkdawg
11-12-2017, 07:52 PM
The only concern I have is in the media post game presser I watched earlier today he was talking about the fans and the program and talked about "they" instead of "we". It may have been absolutely nothing but it caught my ear that for a second he almost talked about it in a past tense from his end.

It's going to be an interesting coaching search season for sure this year.

The way I see it. "They" could be appropriate talking about the fans, and "we" would be talking about his football staff or players. I don't see his use of words as an issue but jmo.

I seen it dawg
11-12-2017, 08:08 PM
There is about the same chance of Mullen to Tenn as Belicheck, Walsh, and Jimmy Johnson.

Commercecomet24
11-12-2017, 08:12 PM
There is about the same chance of Mullen to Tenn as Belicheck, Walsh, and Jimmy Johnson.

Dang skippy.

yjnkdawg
11-12-2017, 08:19 PM

But we are still going to have those types of threads on here it seems! (sighsss and takes a tylenol)

EdDawg
11-12-2017, 08:49 PM
He's at or near the top of their list. This isn't new info. If he doesn't go there it won't be because of some slive rule that doesn't exist, it will be because he doesn't want it. Obviously, we have some anxious administrators, but we will be prepared either way. This won't be the last job that chases him and sooner or later he will bolt, just part of it. But ut isn't the job it once was for sure.

Why do people say he will bolt sooner or later? It may happen and the chances of him doing that are higher than him staying until he retires. However I don?t remember Beamer bolting from VT for another job.

Goldendawg
11-12-2017, 09:09 PM
What a disappointing thread. I thought this was about whether Dan wears a Rolex, Seiko, or Timex!***** Seriously, my love for Dan and what he has done and continues to do is reaching "Jackie" territory for me. You become family at State and Dan is family. Hope he and his family are here for many more years. Hail State!

Hasu Dackds
11-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Why do people say he will bolt sooner or later? It may happen and the chances of him doing that are higher than him staying until he retires. However I don?t remember Beamer bolting from VT for another job.

In general, I agree. People say that because it qualifies their opinion, because most people are so conditioned to think we can't have nice things at State.

Problem is, Mullen has flirted before, and he's not from here. So it's not hard to assume. But, I personally think it'd have to be a perfect fit, not just what some snarky sportwriters consider 'better'. now, if Scott Stricklin was still here, I have no doubt that Mullen would be headed out. Mullen and Cohen and Keenum are all on the same page, about everything.

Tennessee is not that perfect fit. Georgia, Florida State or Penn State are. I think he'd go to Notre Dame too.

MeridianDog
11-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Megan Hates Orange. She says, "It is butt ugly!"

Dan is no fool. He wants to keep his main squeeze happy and she likes Maroon and Golf in West Point. Neither are much of an option at TN.

This isn't a money thing for him. It has to do with finishing a project he started.

preachermatt83
11-13-2017, 12:39 AM
Slive rule

LC Dawg
11-13-2017, 08:59 AM
One of the reasons people say that Mullen will leave is because he's not from here. That insinuates this isn't home to him. My question is if this isn't home, what is? Dan Mullen is 45 years old. Between high school and Mississippi State he didn't live anywhere longer than four years. In his adult life Starkville is more of a home than anywhere he has lived. His kids are being raised here. His wife likes it here. I realize that he grew up in the northeast but if one of his main desires was to move back to that area he would have done it by now.
Coach Mullen may leave Mississippi State but if he does I think one of the struggles for him will be deciding to leave home.

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2017, 09:05 AM
I seriously don’t think he is leaving before he wins at least the West here. I’m not sure he will then either. Most of this “flirting” he has supposedly done in the past is a work of fiction from sources up the road. Why we insist on helping their creative process is a mystery to me.

thf24
11-13-2017, 09:12 AM
In years past he may have left for a Penn State or Notre Dame, but at this point I think if he leaves it'll be for the NFL.

Maroonthirteen
11-13-2017, 09:24 AM
I seriously don’t think he is leaving before he wins at least the West here. I’m not sure he will then either. me.

Folks need to hear his post game talk with Neil Price. He very much said "we" in Reference to himself and MSU. He said that he promised MSU a championship and he was going to deliver that. He very much sounded like a guy "at home" and very motivated to provide what he promised to his house.

Maroonthirteen
11-13-2017, 09:29 AM
I just spent about an hour reading a Mullen thread at Volnation.com, it was 65 pages. The vast majority of their posters felt like Mullen was not good enough for UT.

Peter Edmiston (sports 56, Vol lover) said this morning He questions if Dan is good enough for a "big time program like Florida and Tennessee." He was Monday morning QBing the punt at 4:30 in the 4th quarter and basically said milking the clock wasn't big time coaching.

This is a perfect example of what he would deal with at UT. He wouldn't be hired to improve the program. He would be hired to beat Alabama and Florida and win a NC. Lose to Bama and UF won't be tolerated more than one season.