PDA

View Full Version : Ridley's second catch - he ran out of bounds and back in

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2017, 02:20 PM
9:40 Second quarter
Hurts scrambles towards our bench, Ridley turns and goes deep.
As he turns, he unforced went out of bounds, came back in, and catches a deep ball down to the one.

Ref throws his hat down.

No flag. Nothing. No review.

Obviously illegal touching. That has to be called. The damn hat is on the field. No review. WTF SEC refs.

BulldogDX55
11-12-2017, 02:23 PM
Yeah, was watching that at the Atlanta Alum Association bar and we were all screaming about that.

Coursesuper
11-12-2017, 02:29 PM
9:40 Second quarter
Hurts scrambles towards our bench, Ridley turns and goes deep.
As he turns, he unforced went out of bounds, came back in, and catches a deep ball down to the one.

Ref throws his hat down.

No flag. Nothing. No review.

Obviously illegal touching. That has to be called. The damn hat is on the field. No review. WTF SEC refs.

Yes, it was obvious.

Coach34
11-12-2017, 03:10 PM
He was forced out by a defender- so I believe according to the rule- once he establishes himself back in bounds- he is good to go

RiverCityDawg
11-12-2017, 03:14 PM
He was forced out by a defender- so I believe according to the rule- once he establishes himself back in bounds- he is good to go

That's is what the officials determined, but it's incorrect. He was not forced out. Pretty clear when you go back and look at it.

Dawgology
11-12-2017, 03:15 PM

This. But WAS he forced out? Someone said he ran out on his own which is why our defender loosened up. I don’t know though.

lutedog
11-12-2017, 03:16 PM
He clearly wasn't even touched...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/929529073063399424

Wade Garrett
11-12-2017, 03:33 PM

That is true however if you watch the replay he ran around the defender

bulldawg28
11-12-2017, 03:44 PM

No one touched him. He was running back yard routes like the other illegal touching

BuckyIsAB****
11-12-2017, 03:45 PM
He did run out of bounds we got screwed right there but that is awful technique by Peters on that play

thf24
11-12-2017, 04:08 PM
https://twitter.com/ScoutSteveR/status/929737916628250624

He was not forced out. Not even remotely close. Peters lets him go after he watches him run out of bounds.

NCDawg
11-12-2017, 04:20 PM
I agree. Peters never touched him. Riddley tried and succeeded faking him out, but he ran out of bounds doing that. Obvious missed call. Should have been a penalty against Alabama.

maroonmania
11-12-2017, 04:21 PM

No he wasn't. Based on the replay I've watched about 4 or 5 times there doesn't seem to be any contact between Ridley and Peters. Ridley pivoted around toward the sideline to go deep when he saw Hurts rolling out and took himself out of bounds.

maroonmania
11-12-2017, 04:23 PM
That's is what the officials determined, but it's incorrect. He was not forced out. Pretty clear when you go back and look at it.

My question is here we are 9 years after the Houston non-review debacle and we still have a play like that that happens on our sideline and we can't demand a review?

Coach34
11-12-2017, 04:24 PM
I didnt see if he was or wasn't- was just going by the call

maroonmania
11-12-2017, 04:26 PM
This. But WAS he forced out? Someone said he ran out on his own which is why our defender loosened up. I don’t know though.

No doubt on replay we let up on him once he took himself out of bounds.

msstate7
11-12-2017, 04:26 PM
My question is here we are 9 years after the Houston non-review debacle and we still have a play like that that happens on our sideline and we can't demand a review?

Pretty sure whether he was forced out or not us judgement call

maroonmania
11-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Pretty sure whether he was forced out or not us judgement call

Is that not a reviewable call?

msstate7
11-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Is that not a reviewable call?

I?m not sure... if it is a judgement call, probably not. Again though, not sure

starkvegasdawg
11-12-2017, 04:50 PM
If Peters forced him out his nickname should be Yoda because he has to be a Jedi master and made him go out of bounds with the force.

thf24
11-12-2017, 05:03 PM
It is a judgement call so not reviewable, but I have no idea how you see that he went out of bounds (which the official obviously did given that he threw his hat down) and somehow your eyes tell you he was contacted and forced out when it wasn't even close. Looking back it's got to be one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

maroonmania
11-12-2017, 05:24 PM
It is a judgement call so not reviewable, but I have no idea how you see that he went out of bounds (which the official obviously did given that he threw his hat down) and somehow your eyes tell you he was contacted and forced out when it wasn't even close. Looking back it's got to be one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Well if a call like that is strictly left up to the discretion of the refs with no chance for review is there really any surprise how the call went given who we were playing?