PDA

View Full Version : Cole Kelley arrested on DUI this morning

Bucky Dog
11-12-2017, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure if Allen was re injured yesterday or Bert just chose to play Kelley in the fourth, but apparently the kid got back to NWA and decided to tie one on and drive. I'm assuming he will be out this week and if Allen is banged up again, we have no excuses. That team is fully imploding.

TrapGame
11-12-2017, 11:37 AM
I think Fat Bert pulled Allen b/c he looked like ass for three quarters. But I also don't think Allen was back 100% either.

MetEdDawg
11-12-2017, 11:39 AM
I would be stunned if Beilema makes it past next week. A win by us knocks them out of a bowl game. There's no way that team should be missing bowls.

msstate7
11-12-2017, 11:44 AM
I would be stunned if Beilema makes it past next week. A win by us knocks them out of a bowl game. There's no way that team should be missing bowls.

What is their apr? We got a bowl at 5-7

Bully13
11-12-2017, 11:59 AM
What is their apr? We got a bowl at 5-7

I kinda got a chuckle outta that.

tireddawg
11-12-2017, 12:00 PM
I agree they shouldn't be missing bowls. I'm just curious what the issues are. Is it lack of talent, scheme, Bert forget how to coach?

MetEdDawg
11-12-2017, 12:18 PM
I agree they shouldn't be missing bowls. I'm just curious what the issues are. Is it lack of talent, scheme, Bert forget how to coach?

I think they can't develop the talent they bring in. They aren't bringing in a ton of highly recruited guys, but they aren't developing hardly any of the ones they do bring in.

You keep your job in college football because you develop talent. There's 4 coaches in the SEC doing that right now and I don't think it's a coincidence that those are the 4 best teams in the SEC.

Bully13
11-12-2017, 12:31 PM
I've often wondered why AR doesn't produce more H.S. talent. the pigs always seem to have a roster full of TX, OK & other states. same goes for TN.

Bothrops
11-12-2017, 01:23 PM
Arky's problem is lack of talent at key positions, and Bert's scheme, which isn't a big scoring offense. They just get out raced.

Bothrops
11-12-2017, 01:27 PM
I've often wondered why AR doesn't produce more H.S. talent. the pigs always seem to have a roster full of TX, OK & other states. same goes for TN.

Arkansas doenst have near the percentage of black athletes that LA, MS, and AL does. Also, hs football just isn't quite as important there anyway. Subtle, cultural differences.

WPS
11-12-2017, 01:57 PM

The talent in Arkansas is very top heavy. Normally the top 3ish in the state are as good as any other, but then it falls off a cliff. In the last 10 years, players from Arkansas have won the Doak Walker, Rimington, Mackey (x2) and Johnny Rogers (best return man) awards and another was a top 10 NFL draft pick. That's really not too bad but once you get past that most years the rest are Sun Belt or FCS quality. Northwest Arkansas has a small black population, and Little Rock has gotten away from producing as many football players and instead is producing some really good basketball players every year.

With that said, our best years in the SEC have been when our starters were mostly from Arkansas. Petrino's teams were so good because we had 4 in-state WRs in the same class that all made the NFL, THREE from the same high school. That will probably never happen again.

Jack Lambert
11-12-2017, 02:02 PM
I think Fat Bert pulled Allen b/c he looked like ass for three quarters. But I also don't think Allen was back 100% either.

Probably rusty.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-12-2017, 02:32 PM
The talent in Arkansas is very top heavy. Normally the top 3ish in the state are as good as any other, but then it falls off a cliff. In the last 10 years, players from Arkansas have won the Doak Walker, Rimington, Mackey (x2) and Johnny Rogers (best return man) awards and another was a top 10 NFL draft pick. That's really not too bad but once you get past that most years the rest are Sun Belt or FCS quality. Northwest Arkansas has a small black population, and Little Rock has gotten away from producing as many football players and instead is producing some really good basketball players every year.

With that said, our best years in the SEC have been when our starters were mostly from Arkansas. Petrino's teams were so good because we had 4 in-state WRs in the same class that all made the NFL, THREE from the same high school. That will probably never happen again.

Off topic, but I’m making the trip this weekend. Any suggestions on parking, eating, hotel?

WPS
11-12-2017, 09:15 PM
Off topic, but I’m making the trip this weekend. Any suggestions on parking, eating, hotel?

I would suggest staying in Bentonville or Rogers. Fayetteville hotels are usually booked 6 months in advance on game days and are expensive, but with the season we're having it may not be as bad this year. If you do stay in Fayetteville The Chancellor Hotel is probably the best. You can park at our baseball stadium (Baum Stadium) for free and take the shuttle to and from the football stadium. Normally it fills up within 2 hours of the game but I doubt it will for an 11 am start. If it is full, I parked across from Fayetteville High School for $20 before the TCU game, its a little bit of an uphill walk but not too bad.

Here are some food recommendations. It really just depends what you want. Dickson St. is the main bar strip and visiting fans usually have a fun time before and after games there.

Herman's Ribhouse (Hole in the wall staple that's been there forever, sports memorabilia all over the walls from people who have eaten there)
Foghorn's Wings (50 flavors of wings, right next to Baum Stadium)
Hugo's (best burgers IMO, in a basement type setting on the square)
Hammontree's (gourmet grilled cheese if you want something a little different)
Catfish Hole (where we take our recruits, good atmosphere and great hush puppies, just okay catfish)

Hope you have a good time, sucks that we're so bad that the atmosphere won't be very good.

Harrydawg
11-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Thanks WPS for posting this, I’ll be there with my wife and another couple. We came up 2 years ago and saw one of the best football games I have ever seen. Froze our buts off. As a visitor, I’m glad this game is at 11, it gives us another chance for a good dinner.

We always stay at the Embassy Suites in Rogers. This was also the team hotel 2 years ago for MSU

Hasu Dackds
11-12-2017, 09:30 PM
I would suggest staying in Bentonville or Rogers. Fayetteville hotels are usually booked 6 months in advance on game days and are expensive, but with the season we're having it may not be as bad this year. If you do stay in Fayetteville The Chancellor Hotel is probably the best. You can park at our baseball stadium (Baum Stadium) for free and take the shuttle to and from the football stadium. Normally it fills up within 2 hours of the game but I doubt it will for an 11 am start. If it is full, I parked across from Fayetteville High School for $20 before the TCU game, its a little bit of an uphill walk but not too bad.

Here are some food recommendations. It really just depends what you want. Dickson St. is the main bar strip and visiting fans usually have a fun time before and after games there.

Herman's Ribhouse (Hole in the wall staple that's been there forever, sports memorabilia all over the walls from people who have eaten there)
Foghorn's Wings (50 flavors of wings, right next to Baum Stadium)
Hugo's (best burgers IMO, in a basement type setting on the square)
Hammontree's (gourmet grilled cheese if you want something a little different)
Catfish Hole (where we take our recruits, good atmosphere and great hush puppies, just okay catfish)

Hope you have a good time, sucks that we're so bad that the atmosphere won't be very good.

Is Herman's a steakhouse? I think I've been there before....was pretty damn good. I just remember having a steak and there was all the sports stuff there.

Dawg61
11-12-2017, 09:37 PM
I think Bert wants to get his buyout and retire in Las Vegas eating Circus Circus buffet every morning. His dreams aren't winning football games they are pork chops, sausage links, eggs benedict, prime rib buffets and endless mimosas & bloody mary's. Oh some blackjack and other extracurriculars too. "I got Vegas on my mind baby". Bert is going for 500 lbs without giving zero ****s.

Pollodawg
11-12-2017, 09:49 PM
I think Bert wants to get his buyout and retire in Las Vegas eating Circus Circus buffet every morning. His dreams aren't winning football games they are pork chops, sausage links, eggs benedict, prime rib buffets and endless mimosas & bloody mary's. Oh some blackjack and other extracurriculars too. "I got Vegas on my mind baby". Bert is going for 500 lbs without giving zero ****s.
You forgot licking bacon grease out of Jen’s navel. But after this year, the taste of a pork product may be anathema to him.