PDA

View Full Version : This game is why I wouldn't want a Paul Johnson offense

TopDog58
09-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Vad Lee is terrible. Less than 33% pass completions and can't even complete a pass when they are only down a TD. We've had enough terrible quarterback play for a lifetime at MSU, and we don't need any more excuses for lazy recruiting of that position.

AROB44
09-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Plus....people forget the Emory years. The triple option gets really old for spectators when it is just "3 yds and a cloud of dust". If you get behind, you could pretty much forget catching up. Takes a special QB to run it well.

blacklistedbully
09-26-2013, 11:54 PM
Plus....people forget the Emory years. The triple option gets really old for spectators when it is just "3 yds and a cloud of dust". If you get behind, you could pretty much forget catching up. Takes a special QB to run it well.

What? Man, I LOVED the Bellard years. It was FAR from boring, and it wasn't "3 yds & dust". It was 500 yard of offense in a time when that was damn good. It was an elite defense that could knock you into next Tuesday. It was John Bond looking oh so sweet running that option, and Michael Haddix busting one for 25 yards after a last fraction of a second pitch from JB. That Wingbone was a thing of beauty to watch.

AROB44
09-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Oh...I don't disagree with you. I just meant.that overall I think the fan base tired of Bellard's offense fairly quickly. My memory could be fuzzy however.

blacklistedbully
09-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Oh...I don't disagree with you. I just meant.that overall I think the fan base tired of Bellard's offense fairly quickly. My memory could be fuzzy however.

Bellard was beset by unusually high injuries to key players, in particular JB. We had very high expectations, only to see them crushed when we couldn't field a healthy team. The expectations also worked against Bellard, IMO. I actually thought we gave up on it a little too soon.