PDA

View Full Version : 2 Big Plays....

Charlie_Sheen420
11-11-2017, 10:52 PM
I keep re-watching that 3rd and final timeout by Dan on the third down, and it appears Mclaurin easily has the sack or at least will contact Hurts, but hears the whistle and pulls up and runs by Hurts. The play would have sent the game into OT...will never know what woulda coulda happened....

The other is the field goal to start the 4th, they ran into the kicker and with the penalty it would have been 4th and 1. I think Dan should have went for it, with the way the line was working all night, I'm fine with living and dying trying to get 1 yard to potentially put the game away

Oh well just my observations...like the rest of you I'm just sick of Bama, and State could have won this game, not many games against Bama you can say that

Pollodawg
11-11-2017, 10:53 PM
Agree 100% on #2.

Irondawg
11-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Number two is a tough call because it means it takes two scores to beat you. I️ probably would have gone for it though and take the chance

Irondawg
11-11-2017, 10:55 PM
To me the big play was when they went for it on 4th down and green was standing right where Hurts ran and just left the area for no real reason

Todd4State
11-11-2017, 10:56 PM
The play that bothers me was the QB run on 3rd and I think 7 in the fourth quarter with about a minute left. Throw the ball and give us a chance to convert.

Beaver
11-11-2017, 10:57 PM
I could be wrong here, but wouldn't the penalty been half the distance as opposed to 5 yards? That's the difference 4th & 1 (go for it) and 4th & 3 (probably not).

Beaver
11-11-2017, 10:59 PM
The play that bothers me was the QB run on 3rd and I think 7 in the fourth quarter with about a minute left. Throw the ball and give us a chance to convert.

Looked like Mullen didn't know whether he wanted to go for the win or play for overtime. Before 2nd down players were looking to the sideline like "what are we doing?" We had the ball at home with 2 minutes. Should've run the 2-minute drill and gone for the win.

Irondawg
11-11-2017, 10:59 PM
I could be wrong here, but wouldn't the penalty been half the distance as opposed to 5 yards? That's the difference 4th & 1 (go for it) and 4th & 3 (probably not).

That’s a good question

Charlie_Sheen420
11-11-2017, 11:00 PM

I believe the first down marker was at the 2 or 3, so it wasn't 4th and goal, doesn't the half the distance only apply to goal situations? I may be wrong as well

Irondawg
11-11-2017, 11:01 PM
Game also changed in the 4th when apparently the Bama offensive staff told them hold the crap out of everybody. We were getting some penetration with the base sets early and on those sweeps you couldn’t even see half our guys as they were getting bearhigges and the wr on the edge were giving our dubs purple nurples

Irondawg
11-11-2017, 11:02 PM
Looked like Mullen didn't know whether he wanted to go for the win or play for overtime. Before 2nd down players were looking to the sideline like "what are we doing?" We had the ball at home with 2 minutes. Should've run the 2-minute drill and gone for the win.

Yep Mullen went indecisive and that second down play was all jacked up and we’re lucky it wasn’t an int

MetEdDawg
11-11-2017, 11:03 PM

This. Mullen played it safe on the last drive. Great game plan all night. But he didn't want to lose it there. The 2nd down call was not good.

Dawgfan77
11-11-2017, 11:04 PM

4th 3 not 1. Why throw it anywhere but sideline. Run Fitz to wide end on second down. Worked first half

DeputyDawg94
11-11-2017, 11:13 PM

Yes

Coach007
11-11-2017, 11:22 PM
The plays that bother me...

1- the hat on the ground where bama wr ran out of bounds and came back in for a td catch.

2- dropped pass by Thomas. Was a lot of yards gained

3- the pull off the pattern by our wr. Should have been a TD

Irondawg
11-12-2017, 08:19 AM
been the story in our losses. Failure to make a few big plays or a huge official mistake and the other team making a number of explosive plays

Dawgfan77
11-12-2017, 08:23 AM
The plays that bother me...

1- the hat on the ground where bama wr ran out of bounds and came back in for a td catch.

2- dropped pass by Thomas. Was a lot of yards gained

3- the pull off the pattern by our wr. Should have been a TD

We forced the WR out

WildDawg
11-12-2017, 09:51 AM
We forced the WR out

We bumped him but did NOT force him oob.