PDA

View Full Version : Mullen say: "We have two starters at quarterback"

Coach34
09-26-2013, 07:50 PM
good job Dan...keep ol Lester and Chivas guessing

Political Hack
09-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Great... just one more person calling plays.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2013, 08:23 PM
good job Dan...keep ol Lester and Chivas guessing

He also said Tyler was his "starter", but "we have two starters". He sounded like Tyler would start the game at QB, but if not, Dan has a better poker face than I give him credit for. Hopefully whoever starts will take us down the field and score early and put a little pressure on the Tigers and make them get out of their running comfort zone.

starkvegasdawg
09-26-2013, 08:35 PM
He also said Tyler was his "starter", but "we have two starters". He sounded like Tyler would start the game at QB, but if not, Dan has a better poker face than I give him credit for. Hopefully whoever starts will take us down the field and score early and put a little pressure on the Tigers and make them get out of their running comfort zone.

Speaking of their rushing...how well has their running rapist done so far this season?

It_Could_Happen
09-27-2013, 02:30 AM
I don't know about the rest of the year but hill had a career day against auburn.

Political Hack
09-27-2013, 06:44 AM
I don't know about the rest of the year but hill had a career day against auburn.

that was against auburn. their D is awful by sec standards. He'll have another big day Saturday too. I think we'll be the best defense they've seen by far, including TCU's.

PMDawg
09-27-2013, 07:46 AM
I wouldn't mind if Russell started. Give him the ol' scripted 1st drive, which he usually executes pretty well. If we get a TD, or FG attempt (probably a miss) out of it, then I think it will be worth it. Then, you trot Dak out there for drive 2 and let him roll from there. If the offense struggles, bring Tyler back out. If not, bring him out only in certain situations like a 2 minute drill or another scripted drive to start the 2nd half. I want, and expect, Dak to get the vast majority of the snaps, but I wouldn't mind seeing Russell "start" and get around 15-20 snaps.

Barking 13
09-27-2013, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't mind if Russell started. Give him the ol' scripted 1st drive, which he usually executes pretty well. If we get a TD, or FG attempt (probably a miss) out of it, then I think it will be worth it. Then, you trot Dak out there for drive 2 and let him roll from there. If the offense struggles, bring Tyler back out. If not, bring him out only in certain situations like a 2 minute drill or another scripted drive to start the 2nd half. I want, and expect, Dak to get the vast majority of the snaps, but I wouldn't mind seeing Russell "start" and get around 15-20 snaps.

sounds feasible...

HancockCountyDog
09-27-2013, 10:04 AM

The most reasonable solution I've come up with is Dak on 1st and 2nd, but any third down more than 9 yards, we put Russell in. I swear if we put Russell in to start the game, go down quick and then make Dak play catch up, I'll be pissed.

blacklistedbully
09-27-2013, 10:06 AM

This is what I meant in the earlier thread when I said, "Start TR, play Dak".

chef dixon
09-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Speaking of their rushing...how well has their running rapist done so far this season?

I'm not completely informed on his situation but it sure seemed to me like he did enough to most certainly be kicked off the team, but of course, he's suspended for what, 1 game?

BulldogBear
09-27-2013, 12:01 PM
two starters = no starter