PDA

View Full Version : Our wide recievers need to block more

Dannyripms
09-26-2013, 06:41 PM
I think this subject doesn't get enough attention. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see our recievers blocking that much. And when I watch good teams play their wide recievers block extremely well. They need to realize how important they are to the running game. I want to see our wide recievers take the db and push his ass into the sideline. What are your opinions on this?

KennyPowers2
09-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Your absolutely right and it is necessary to run the WR screens and read option and such. I have t paid much attention to the WR this year so I have no idea if they are doing a good job or not.

Political Hack
09-26-2013, 07:53 PM
I also think our blockers need to receive more.

codeDawg
09-26-2013, 08:58 PM
I also think our blockers need to receive more.

I also think our blockers need to block more.

chainedup_Dawg
09-26-2013, 09:18 PM
I know it was just Troy but Wilson was blocking the shit out of DBs. He had a couple of blocks that freed up the ball carrier for TDs. What I liked most about it was he was getting fired up about I too, jumping around and clapping. This kid could be really special one day.

thf24
09-26-2013, 09:23 PM
I know it was just Troy but Wilson was blocking the shit out of DBs. He had a couple of blocks that freed up the ball carrier for TDs. What I liked most about it was he was getting fired up about I too, jumping around and clapping. This kid could be really special one day.

How many programs in the country can say that they have a fast, physical, freakish 6'5" receiver who loves to block? If he just keeps learning, he's going to be a superstar in a year or two.

bocfarm
09-26-2013, 09:29 PM
I've noticed Wilson and R Johnson blocking really well. Not so much Lewis, morrow or Ross

chainedup_Dawg
09-26-2013, 09:30 PM
How many programs in the country can say that they have a fast, physical, freakish 6'5" receiver who loves to block? If he just keeps learning, he's going to be a superstar in a year or two.

This. I love seeing guys getting excited about the little things. I know WRs blocking isn't necessarily a small thing but to most receivers these days it is

MemphisDawg
09-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Well our WRs need to watch game film on Laquon from Ole Miss.

People can hate all the want but this sportscenter segment was actually pretty good.

http://youtu.be/D_Eg_DdjOyo

What impresses me the most is normally down field blocking is the hardest thing for freshman WR to pick up on because they aren't used to the physicality of D1 football.

HIGHDOG
09-27-2013, 06:08 AM
if anyone has seen morrow do anything worthwhile, please tell me 'bout it...tom