PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt Firing Truth Bullets at Pawwllll (re: Dan going away)

Indndawg
11-10-2017, 03:54 PM
Pawwwllll looks dismayed and sorta frustrated at Wyatt.

Ari Gold
11-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Pawwwllll looks dismayed and sorta frustrated at Wyatt.

Glad to hear someone showing some balls against that POS

Todd4State
11-10-2017, 04:10 PM
Glad to hear someone showing some balls against that POS

Amen.

Bully13
11-10-2017, 04:11 PM
link or podcast that we can listen to ?

Indndawg
11-10-2017, 04:13 PM
link or podcast that we can listen to ?

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcast/archive/_/id/9560758

Bully13
11-10-2017, 04:22 PM
http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcast/archive/_/id/9560758

what hour? don't see Matt's name mentioned in the segment list. was it today?

Indndawg
11-10-2017, 04:58 PM
what hour? don't see Matt's name mentioned in the segment list. was it today?

may come up in a few minutes

PassInterference
11-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Summary?

Dawgology
11-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Cliff notes?

Indndawg
11-10-2017, 05:24 PM
Matt: " here's what I think....NOT GOING to Florida..Dan doesn't want to go back to where he was b4"

AM and TN: "can't see those happening either" "need to know this...9th year...9th consecutive fall his name is up again. Eventually will leave but when was last time one SEC hired away another SEC? 20 years ago w/ TT. Situation w/Dan has to be JUST RIGHT. "
"Gotta a really good team coming back...."
Why not UF:
"Dan is NOT the right fit and wants new experiences.....media likes to connect dots that aren't really there"

MeridianDog
11-10-2017, 05:46 PM
The "Dan may leave MSU" story is a cheap piece of work for any sports hack. They can come up with a little Bla-Bla-Bla with minimum effort and at least to themselves, look like a knowledgeable sports expert. The truth with Finabaum is that he caters to Alabama and Auburn fans and a few others. He doesn't have to do much to please his Bama and Barner/plainsmen/wareagle,tiger/whatever theyare fans and he knows that.

I can say one thing for Paul. He fell into a bucket of money when ESPN hired him. Still doesn't make him knowledgeable, or a sports expert. Certainly doesn't mean he knows shit about what Dan Mullen is going to do.

Pollodawg
11-10-2017, 06:02 PM
The "Dan may leave MSU" story is a cheap piece of work for any sports hack. They can come up with a little Bla-Bla-Bla with minimum effort and at least to themselves, look like a knowledgeable sports expert. The truth with Finabaum is that he caters to Alabama and Auburn fans and a few others. He doesn't have to do much to please his Bama and Barner/plainsmen/wareagle,tiger/whatever theyare fans and he knows that.

I can say one thing for Paul. He fell into a bucket of money when ESPN hired him. Still doesn't make him knowledgeable, or a sports expert. Certainly doesn't mean he knows shit about what Dan Mullen is going to dop.

Paul is probably the least qualified person on that network.

Pollodawg
11-10-2017, 06:05 PM
SEC Network has been a huge letdown

Anonymous
11-10-2017, 06:11 PM
I'm just shocked that people aren't even mentioning the price tag on Dan. 6 mil/yeat at least, plus the 15 mil left on contract. And UT/A&M are going to be paying Butch/Sumlin to go away on top of all that.

The numbers just don't work. Same reason LSU hired O. It doesn't make sense financially for them to pay Les, plus Jimbo, plus his buyout at FSU. Same goes for any other P5 coach they could have hired.

VandelayIndustries
11-10-2017, 06:12 PM

I actually enjoy SEC Network and most of their content. With a huge exception to the idiot Paul Finebaum, why is he the voice of the SEC?

IMissJack
11-10-2017, 06:18 PM
I'm just shocked that people aren't even mentioning the price tag on Dan. 6 mil/yeat at least, plus the 15 mil left on contract. And UT/A&M are going to be paying Butch/Sumlin to go away on top of all that.

The numbers just don't work. Same reason LSU hired O. It doesn't make sense financially for them to pay Les, plus Jimbo, plus his buyout at FSU. Same goes for any other P5 coach they could have hired.

Let me tell you if aTm wanted to, and would not get shot down by the State or something, they could pay him $15M or name a price. People keep saying on here that aTm can't or won't pay this or that. It is not because they couldn't.

TUSK
11-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Let me tell you if aTm wanted to, and would not get shot down by the State or something, they could pay him $15M or name a price. People keep saying on here that aTm can't or won't pay this or that. It is not because they couldn't.

Yep... and A&M (super ridiculous $) isn't the only one with ridiculous money...

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Then why the hell don’t they just double Saban’s salary and be done. Saban is probably one of the few coaches with a track record that might be worth 15-20 Million per year at A&M or Texas.

TUSK
11-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Then why the hell don’t they just double Saban’s salary and be done. Saban is probably one of the few coaches with a track record that might be worth 15-20 Million per year at A&M or Texas.

I think "optics" has a lot to do with it... additionally, $15-20 wouldn't outbid Bammer if "optics" weren't an issue....

Ari Gold
11-10-2017, 09:14 PM

Yes and that says a lot because there are few there that have no business being there

Ari Gold
11-10-2017, 09:16 PM

Agree.. outside of games themselves there isn't much there. Of course they give That **** Finbaum 4 or it might be 5 hours daily.. amazing..

MeridianDog
11-10-2017, 09:33 PM

Freakiest Lizard Man in the Freak show?

defiantdog
11-10-2017, 10:24 PM
He?s the Jerry Springer of sports media. I don?t know why anyone listens to any of his subjective ideas.

Mjoelner34
11-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Some are talking about the amount of money Mullen may be offered to leave and which schools have it. Does anyone remember when Mr. Seal passed away several years ago? The rumor (including from a high source in the athletic department that I know) was that after he took care of his family, he left a huge amount to the athletic department specifically earmarked for two things and two things only. 1. To buyout the head football coach and send him on his way. OR 2. To outbid anybody that came after our head football coach that we wanted to keep. No one, not even my high up source in the athletic department knew the amount but my source said he heard a rumor that the amount was staggering. It wasn't long after this that during a press conference announcing Mullen's contract extension that the Ninja stated "If Dan Mullen ever leaves Mississippi State, it won't be because of money."

Commercecomet24
11-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Some are talking about the amount of money Mullen may be offered to leave and which schools have it. Does anyone remember when Mr. Seal passed away several years ago? The rumor (including from a high source in the athletic department that I know) was that after he took care of his family, he left a huge amount to the athletic department specifically earmarked for two things and two things only. 1. To buyout the head football coach and send him on his way. OR 2. To outbid anybody that came after our head football coach that we wanted to keep. No one, not even my high up source in the athletic department knew the amount but my source said he heard a rumor that the amount was staggering. It wasn't long after this that during a press conference announcing Mullen's contract extension that the Ninja stated "If Dan Mullen ever leaves Mississippi State, it won't be because of money."

You are correct, sir!

Dawgology
11-11-2017, 12:43 AM

I rarely sit in the sky boxes but the last time I was up there this subject came up. The owner of the box said it was well in to 9 figures. Don’t know how true but he is a legit booster and I thought he would probably know.

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2017, 12:55 AM
I rarely sit in the sky boxes but the last time I was up there this subject came up. The owner of the box said it was well in to 9 figures. Don’t know how true but he is a legit booster and I thought he would probably know.

I don't think anyone who talks about it knows how big it is. Those who DO know don't talk. If you think about it, that's as it should be.

preachermatt83
11-11-2017, 01:17 AM
How much is remaining on Dans contract is irrelevant... his buyout if he leaves is Under 1 mil. I've heard as low as 500k. Having said that, dans not going anywhere.

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2017, 01:50 AM
How much is remaining on Dans contract is irrelevant... his buyout if he leaves is Under 1 mil. I've heard as low as 500k. Having said that, dans not going anywhere.

I don't think so either. We have done better than most expected already this year. We have perhaps the strongest team we have ever returned in school history next year. It's a team built in Mullin's image. The one glaring weak spot this year has been addressed in a BIG way with the recruiting class. If we get the kid from Texas in, and I think we will, the QB postion is set for at LEAST 4 years. Dan is setting himself up to be THE statue at MSU. If the Seal stuff discussed in this thread is true, the only way he leaves in the near future, and maybe forever, is if we as a fan base and an administration fail to support him. He is setting HIS program up in terrific position when Saben hangs it up.

Commercecomet24
11-11-2017, 01:55 AM
I don't think so either. We have done better than most expected already this year. We have perhaps the strongest team we have ever returned in school history next year. It's a team built in Mullin's image. The one glaring weak spot this year has been addressed in a BIG way with the recruiting class. If we get the kid from Texas in, and I think we will, the QB postion is set for at LEAST 4 years. Dan is setting himself up to be THE statue at MSU. If the Seal stuff discussed in this thread is true, the only way he leaves in the near future, and maybe forever, is if we as a fan base and an administration fail to support him. He is setting HIS program up in terrific position when Saben hangs it up.

Agree.

Reason2succeed
11-11-2017, 07:27 AM

It?s basically the Alabama football network and sometimes they take the time to blow smoke up the bit of LSU, Florida, and Tennessee. They only talk about other teams in reference to the others mentioned. Hell, when they first started Think Out Loud there were more ancient Native American artifacts on the set than MSU paraphernalia.

Dan ain?t leaving for another SEC team. ND and Penal State are my only concerns with him. He loves the power and control he has at State. He also knows that Florida and TENN fans have unrealistic expectations that will destroy careers before you can win a NC. People forget he was basically ran out of Florida after winning two NCs as OC. That?s ridiculous.

Reason2succeed
11-11-2017, 07:28 AM
It?s basically the Alabama football network and sometimes they take the time to blow smoke up the bit of LSU, Florida, and Tennessee. They only talk about other teams in reference to the others mentioned. Hell, when they first started Think Out Loud there were more ancient Native American artifacts on the set than MSU paraphernalia.

Dan ain?t leaving for another SEC team. ND and Penal State are my only concerns with him. He loves the power and control he has at State. He also knows that Florida and TENN fans have unrealistic expectations that will destroy careers before you can win a NC. People forget he was basically ran out of Florida after winning two NCs as OC. That?s ridiculous.

PS can someone fix the ? thing on here?

1bigdawg
11-11-2017, 07:46 AM
Why do State people keep on saying the "Dan will leave someday?" He has the administrative and financial support to be our Bobby Bowden or Paterno who built programs from the cellar to the top and are revered. While he may leave someday, it is not foreordained. When our people say he will, it only feeds into the narrative that this may be the year. And, he is not going anywhere this year.

Cooterpoot
11-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Because he was serious about GA and Miami.

Drugdog
11-11-2017, 08:54 AM

And you know this how?????

WinningIsRelentless
11-11-2017, 09:13 AM

He was only serious about Miami because he wanted away from Strickland. GA is a hell of a job and 99.9% of coaches would want it.

Bully13
11-11-2017, 10:14 AM
Why do State people keep on saying the "Dan will leave someday?" He has the administrative and financial support to be our Bobby Bowden or Paterno who built programs from the cellar to the top and are revered. While he may leave someday, it is not foreordained. When our people say he will, it only feeds into the narrative that this may be the year. And, he is not going anywhere this year.

don't use Paterno in ANY example. Ever.