PDA

View Full Version : The Waiting is the Hardest Part....

Tailgate Superstar
11-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Click an ad shitbird

Jack Lambert
11-10-2017, 02:23 PM
When I was waiting to go to Paris Island for Marine boot camp I had a Air Force guy tell me that the wait was worse then the boot camp. My first day it was obvious he was in the Air Force and didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

MeridianDog
11-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Enjoy today and don't wish your life away or walk into a wall while you are daydreaming.

Let the other side wish it would happen quickly. They worked hard for their punishment. Let them savor the sweet taste of not knowing for as long as possible.

TUSK
11-10-2017, 03:20 PM
When I was waiting to go to Paris Island for Marine boot camp I had a Air Force guy tell me that the wait was worse then the boot camp. My first day it was obvious he was in the Air Force and didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

Jesus.

JDog13
11-10-2017, 04:43 PM

He probably never had to dig a six foot deep hole so the DI could hold a funeral service for a sand bug. The DI warned it would happen if anyone killed one. He wasn?t playing.

TrapGame
11-10-2017, 04:52 PM

LOL! I'm sure the Air Force boot camp is a day spa compared to 90 days at Paris Island.

TUSK
11-10-2017, 05:00 PM
He probably never had to dig a six foot deep hole so the DI could hold a funeral service for a sand bug. The DI warned it would happen if anyone killed one. He wasn?t playing.

What's really bad is when none of the recruits have a flag to give the sandflea's mom....

Dawgowar
11-10-2017, 07:22 PM
LOL! I'm sure the Air Force boot camp is a day spa compared to 90 days at Paris Island.

I live here in San Antonio and somewhat frequently go out to Lackland AFB where they have USAF boot camp. In their defense budget cuts have reduced both the number of available chilled salad forks in the mess hall and they can't offer stress reducing aromotherapy candles until after the fourth week. Even heard there was talk of group hugs being limited to four minutes before bed. Tragic.

Coursesuper
11-10-2017, 07:33 PM

From my experience that had to be the truth, my first day on PI was not fun. But I will never forget it.

parabrave
11-10-2017, 11:13 PM
Well the wait before my first jump at Airborne School was worse than the jump itself. The same held true 57 jumps later.
1st BN(ABN) 505th Inf 82nd Airborne Division.

msbulldog
11-11-2017, 07:33 AM
Thank you guys for your service!

Dawgowar
11-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Well the wait before my first jump at Airborne School was worse than the jump itself. The same held true 57 jumps later.
1st BN(ABN) 505th Inf 82nd Airborne Division.

Same for my 32 with 1SFG. Abbreviated version was usually ...."Why do I do this? I hate this? ****, shit, ****.....hate this.....(DOOR OR RAMPS OPENS)...'Brain to sphincter, brain to sphincter....CLOSE! CLOSE! CLOSE! - Why am I doing this why am I doing this....go to door ....AAAAAAAAAAAAAA (Internally) ...**** yeah it opened.....'sky sharks anywhere?' good...****,....****....thud.....I am a BADASS ASS MOFO! Hooahah! Airborne! Yeah.....

Ring any bells?

Coach34
11-11-2017, 11:15 AM
Yes- thanks so much for your service

parabrave
11-11-2017, 11:37 AM
Same for my 32 with 1SFG. Abbreviated version was usually ...."Why do I do this? I hate this? ****, shit, ****.....hate this.....(DOOR OR RAMPS OPENS)...'Brain to sphincter, brain to sphincter....CLOSE! CLOSE! CLOSE! - Why am I doing this why am I doing this....go to door ....AAAAAAAAAAAAAA (Internally) ...**** yeah it opened.....'sky sharks anywhere?' good...****,....****....thud.....I am a BADASS ASS MOFO! Hooahah! Airborne! Yeah.....

Ring any bells?

Yep or WTF am I doing this. Of course in DIV you had about 300 other idiots in the air at the same time trying to kill you. Just for an extra hundred bucks a month. But Fayetenam was great.

Dawgowar
11-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Yep or WTF am I doing this. Of course in DIV you had about 300 other idiots in the air at the same time trying to kill you. Just for an extra hundred bucks a month. But Fayetenam was great.

Fort Lewis and various postage stamp-sized plots in Asia. Was MI so I jumped with the HQ companies mostly. That meant young clerks and analysts for whom steering was a mysterious art. I still get the heeby-jeebies about having one of those turds steal my air. That'll make your heart go up to your hair follicles fast.

parabrave
11-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Fort Lewis and various postage stamp-sized plots in Asia. Was MI so I jumped with the HQ companies mostly. That meant young clerks and analysts for whom steering was a mysterious art. I still get the heeby-jeebies about having one of those turds steal my air. That'll make your heart go up to your hair follicles fast.

Steerable parachutes? you had those? Wow just kidding. We disallowed the -1Bs cause everyone would steer to the turnin points and it was a mass cluster F. Got my air stolen one night and thats why I'm 80% disabled.

Dawgowar
11-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Steerable parachutes? you had those? Wow just kidding. We disallowed the -1Bs cause everyone would steer to the turnin points and it was a mass cluster F. Got my air stolen one night and thats why I'm 80% disabled.

Ouch - we had -1C's which were exceptionally responsive - giving that to 18-19 paratroopers was like giving cash and hookers to career politicians while expecting a responsible budget. I usually aimed for a spot clear of the trees but off center of the DZ.

Mutt the Hoople
11-11-2017, 03:09 PM
I live here in San Antonio and somewhat frequently go out to Lackland AFB where they have USAF boot camp. In their defense budget cuts have reduced both the number of available chilled salad forks in the mess hall and they can't offer stress reducing aromotherapy candles until after the fourth week. Even heard there was talk of group hugs being limited to four minutes before bed. Tragic.

But I heard the AF's PowerWalks are bitchin'.

parabrave
11-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Ouch - we had -1C's which were exceptionally responsive - giving that to 18-19 paratroopers was like giving cash and hookers to career politicians while expecting a responsible budget. I usually aimed for a spot clear of the trees but off center of the DZ.

Hey Dawgowar there is a youtube video called "bad exits". It will bring back great memories. You will laugh you 4th point off.

gravedigger
11-11-2017, 05:05 PM

Yea. -1b?s could do that but charlies could too.

It?s those golden knight chutes that scare me. Nothing worse than that night of the usm game at Scott Field in the early 90?s.

TUSK
11-11-2017, 06:09 PM

It?s those golden knight chutes that scare me. Nothing worse than that night of the usm game at Scott Field in the early 90?s.

I seem to remember a paraguy breaking his leg when I attended the 96 Bammer/MSU game....

Or was that a bad "flashback"????

Mutt the Hoople
11-11-2017, 08:47 PM
I seem to remember a paraguy breaking his leg when I attended the 96 Bammer/MSU game....

Or was that a bad "flashback"????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMup0JXRX8c

parabrave
11-11-2017, 11:29 PM

I was at that game but got there late and didn't see it. Think Fair could have run for 500 yards that night.

Dawgowar
11-12-2017, 01:03 AM
Laughed my ass off at the exit fails - however, figured a 'How to do it right' was in order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44tpF0-EVv0

and just because it is always funny - The RAF Air Marshals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lmDTBN1FDI