PDA

View Full Version : I wish Mullen

1bigdawg
11-10-2017, 10:15 AM
The below article is about Gary Patterson. He basically says the same thing as Mullen about leaving, but gets much better press. Maybe it is the say each of them say it. Maybe it is a better PR department or favorable press, but I wish this story had been about Mullen.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21350353/tcu-horned-frogs-coach-gary-patterson-need-leave

AROB44
11-10-2017, 10:25 AM
I can't understand the worry from folks that Dan doesn't deny to everyone's satisfaction that he is not leaving. It wouldn't mean anything anyway. If he decides to leave, he will leave. He will give the fanbase no advanced notice. Just enjoy what we have.

Bully13
11-10-2017, 10:35 AM
The below article is about Gary Patterson. He basically says the same thing as Mullen about leaving, but gets much better press. Maybe it is the say each of them say it. Maybe it is a better PR department or favorable press, but I wish this story had been about Mullen.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21350353/tcu-horned-frogs-coach-gary-patterson-need-leave

Great article, thanks for the post. I've been here in Fort Worth now for 12 years and I've kinda adopted TCU as a 2nd team so to speak. still haven't made it to a game but it is in the plans. Beautiful neighborhood where the stadium is. tickles the shit out of me when they beat Texas every year.

sure would like to see an interview like this in the future with Mullen.

Bothrops
11-10-2017, 10:55 AM
No matter who coaches here, MSU will always be the dog to the press.

Cooterpoot
11-10-2017, 11:10 AM
The goal is to keep certain teams in the middle of the pack and bottom. Somebody starts to rise too much, they get knocked back. It's the good ole boys system in the SEC.

Todd4State
11-10-2017, 12:31 PM
Dan has done a much better job of squashing rumors this far and has ever since he changed agents a couple of years ago.

TrapGame
11-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Dan said in a Monday press conference before the UMass game he's not going anywhere. Then he told Andre Ware to his face that he's happy in Starkville and is really excited about 2018's team.

BiscuitEater
11-10-2017, 03:16 PM
MSU just needs to keep putting something just like this out EVERY time Dan is mentioned for a job ..

"It would have to be something you just couldn't say no to, but here's the thing with me: I never say never, because I always get pissed off at those coaches when they say, 'This is my last stop,' or they sign a new contract and change jobs the next year," Patterson said. "For me, it's not only TCU, but Fort Worth is a special place.

"It's very few times anybody in their life ever gets a chance to mean something to a group of people. My investment in this community runs a lot deeper than just football, and it's a community and a city and a university that have been equally good to me and my family."