PDA

View Full Version : The reason why I can pick State .........

Jack Lambert
11-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Is because of Dan Mullen. He's a great coach and state has the physical ability to beat them. Any one can have a bad day and be beat. It's just Dan hasn't coach a good game against Bama in eight attempts. Until he does I don't like our chances. Every year since Dan has been here this is the only game that I truly don't think there's a chance. In 2014 I believed and it bit me in the butt.

One other thing we need to do our part and be the loudest we have ever been non stop from start to finish. If we have a 12th man he needs to show up Saturday.

SailingDawg
11-09-2017, 12:47 PM
I'm thinking we're going to win.

Political Hack
11-09-2017, 01:09 PM
The hype video made me think we can win, but I've come back to earth now and remember CDM's record vs Bama.

It could happen, but we'll need some help with turnovers and special teams. And Bama isn't turning the ball over this year.

BrunswickDawg
11-09-2017, 01:10 PM
I'm thinking we're going to win.

This teams to have a little bit of revenge in them for last year's losses. Took care of LSU with a thumping. Took care of BYU with a thumping. Took care of UK with a thumping. AU eluded us. We have 2 teams left on that list from last year. Can we get them both? I don't know. But, I think we have the best chance since 2014 - even with our short comings.

Saltydog
11-09-2017, 01:12 PM
score via special teams, score a defensive TD or turn the ball over.

Political Hack
11-09-2017, 01:16 PM
1) defense plays lights out and Jalen missed his 2-3 deep shots where we blow coverage.
2) we have to win special teams and win field position
3) we have to allow fewer first downs than they and have more 3 and outs.
4) we have to win the turn over battle
5) we have to hit at least 1-2 HR plays that score or set up scores.
6) Jalen can't consistently covert 3rd and medium-to-long with his legs.

confucius say
11-09-2017, 01:22 PM
One thing that would help is if our fans, including some on here, would stop giving their tix to Bama fans.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Here are two more gorgeous meltdowns against Bama that I left out yesterday.

This one is from 2011

https://i.imgur.com/Bweq2Sd.jpg

And this one is from 2013

https://i.imgur.com/ihHSrO3.jpg

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2017, 01:31 PM
1) defense plays lights out and Jalen missed his 2-3 deep shots where we blow coverage.
2) we have to win special teams and win field position
3) we have to allow fewer first downs than they and have more 3 and outs.
4) we have to win the turn over battle
5) we have to hit at least 1-2 HR plays that score or set up scores.
6) Jalen can't consistently covert 3rd and medium-to-long with his legs.

If all of this happens, we may win by double digits

codeDawg
11-09-2017, 01:51 PM
The key to the game is simply, can Fitz run the ball and not get killed. We are who we are at every position, but the great equalizer for us is Fitz running the ball. All year he is the one with the explosive plays with his legs and the hard to convert first downs. If Bama shuts down Fitz, it’s over, but if Fitz can run, we can win.

dawgday166
11-09-2017, 01:55 PM
The key to the game is simply, can Fitz run the ball and not get killed. We are who we are at every position, but the great equalizer for us is Fitz running the ball. All year he is the one with the explosive plays with his legs and the hard to convert first downs. If Bama shuts down Fitz, it?s over, but if Fitz can run, we can win.

That's why I believe we need to run Gibson more in this game. Holes will close up too quickly for Aeris and he'll get corralled by Bama LBs too easily. We need someone back there who is big and more explosive.

If all Bama has to worry about is keying on Fitz ... that won't work for us.

dawgday166
11-09-2017, 01:57 PM
If all of this happens, we may win by double digits

I'm looking forward to it LOL

Duckdog
11-09-2017, 02:12 PM
I just got that feeling.......

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2017, 02:29 PM
That's why I believe we need to run Gibson more in this game. Holes will close up too quickly for Aeris and he'll get corralled by Bama LBs too easily. We need someone back there who is big and more explosive.

You say this but Aeris had 11 carries for 56 yards last year vs Bama at 5.1 yards a clip.

Consider that along with our OL being better this year & them being injured at LB.

I think their is a sneaky chance that Aeris runs the ball fairly well Saturday night.

This may sounds absurd since we only scored 3 points in last year's game vs Bama, but I actually thought it may have been Mullen's best game plan vs them. I remember there being a number "almost plays" that were open but we just didn't execute.

I remember Fred Ross dropping a TD, Malik Dear being wide open down the sideline & not being able to coral the pass, etc.

Bama is really good but not the 85 Bears. Just food for thought

ScoobaDawg
11-09-2017, 02:34 PM
The key to the game is simply, can Fitz run the ball and not get killed. We are who we are at every position, but the great equalizer for us is Fitz running the ball. All year he is the one with the explosive plays with his legs and the hard to convert first downs. If Bama shuts down Fitz, it’s over, but if Fitz can run, we can win.

Guys... I hope I'm wrong. But we have very little chance of winning. Fitz is growing as a passer but is far from elite. We do not have Wr's that are talented or physical enough.

It doesn't matter what RB we put back there... they won't be faster than a crashing DL and LB's that have little to worry about in the passing game.

I hope we keep it respectable. But this won't be the year. All I have pointed out is our talent. Bring in the Mullen factor and it really shows up.. We won't win.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2017, 02:38 PM
Guys... I hope I'm wrong. But we have very little chance of winning. Fitz is growing as a passer but is far from elite. We do not have Wr's that are talented or physical enough.

It doesn't matter what RB we put back there... they won't be faster than a crashing DL and LB's that have little to worry about in the passing game.

I hope we keep it respectable. But this won't be the year. All I have pointed out is our talent. Bring in the Mullen factor and it really shows up.. We won't win.

How about some V Bookie if you are so sure.

GreenheadDawg
11-09-2017, 03:12 PM

I’m with you. I mean I like optimism as much as the next guy but we are just not built to beat Bama. We won’t be able to consistently run the ball and we damn sure don’t have the playmakers at WR needed to keep them honest. I just don’t see where the points are going to come from.

Drugdog
11-09-2017, 03:12 PM

I will bet all of my V cash that you are wrong.

GreenheadDawg
11-09-2017, 04:19 PM
How about some V Bookie if you are so sure.

We can do an all in bet. I will gladly give up my fortune to you if we win

Jack Lambert
11-09-2017, 04:28 PM
We can do an all in bet. I will gladly give up my fortune to you if we win

If we won I would gladly give up 70 million.

Commercecomet24
11-09-2017, 05:10 PM
Nobody thinks an upset can happen until they happen.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-09-2017, 07:26 PM
As Shotgun said before a big key to us having a chance starts in the locker room. The guys have to get mentally right and have no fear of Bama. If the mojo is there we can win, if not the Fat Lady will be singing the national anthem. Play hard, play fast and play smart. Nuff said.

BuckyIsAB****
11-09-2017, 08:31 PM
The difference in Alabama and Mississippi State is in this game, MSU is hoping to win more times than not. Bama is expecting to win. What do our kids want to do hope or expect

mparkerfd20
11-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Just stop. You're setting yourselves up for disappointment. There is absolutely no chance at all that we beat Alabama this weekend. For those that say then we shouldn't even play.... You are right, we shouldn't even play the game.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to curse us by predicting a win.

MabenMaroon
11-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Our women's team beat Baylor and UConn back to back, hell my life long MLB team ( 56 years since their inception ) Houston Astros beat Boston, the Yankees and the Dodgers in consecutive series and are world champs. You have to believe or you don't stand a chance.

justwin
11-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Is because of Dan Mullen. He's a great coach and state has the physical ability to beat them. Any one can have a bad day and be beat. It's just Dan hasn't coach a good game against Bama in eight attempts. Until he does I don't like our chances. Every year since Dan has been here this is the only game that I truly don't think there's a chance. In 2014 I believed and it bit me in the butt.

One other thing we need to do our part and be the loudest we have ever been non stop from start to finish. If we have a 12th man he needs to show up Saturday.

We have to win the 1Q like LSU game

TUSK
11-10-2017, 12:46 AM
I just got off the phone with an MSU buddy that owes me 5 from a loan & we bet it the “we believe “ yr and double or nothing on 14... knowing I’ll never get paid, I offered triple or nothing...no dice.

��

Schultzy
11-10-2017, 01:12 AM
I just got off the phone with an MSU buddy that owes me 5 from a loan & we bet it the “we believe “ yr and double or nothing on 14... knowing I’ll never get paid, I offered triple or nothing...no dice.

��
I’ll honor it for �� him three crisp fives, ha!

Dawg61
11-10-2017, 01:40 AM
Bama is down 4 starters on defense. Night game at our house on ESPN and the crowd is going to be all kinds of rowdy. It's going to be a crowd like 2014 Auburn. We absolutely have a shot in this game.

defiantdog
11-10-2017, 08:13 AM
Bama is down 4 starters on defense. Night game at our house on ESPN and the crowd is going to be all kinds of rowdy. It's going to be a crowd like 2014 Auburn. We absolutely have a shot in this game.
They get Hand back, which will really help their DL depth. Also.... Holcombe, Evans, Jennings, Mosley, and Brown are all NFL prospects who can step up. They just won?t have the depth they are used too. But they definitely still have the play makers to shut our run game down. Our only hope is to slow down the pace and control the clock on offense. We have to make them tired and force Saban to rotate the true freshmen at LB.