PDA

View Full Version : the 3-4 ... The great Equalizer....

Coach007
11-09-2017, 12:33 AM
The 3-4 is a harder defense to learn. You all should this from when we made that transition. The most effected is the LBs. Bama will be playing with 2 true freshmen and without the man who communicates on the field.

What does that mean? Busted assignments mean to the house runs and wide open TEs. I don't care if they are 4 stars or 5 stars, the schemes of a 3-4 will not help in understanding every assignment.

Now throw in the fact that MSU runs the spread. It's one of the hardest to defend when you have an effective runner at the QB and RBs that always go forward.

I'm not so sure we couldn't simply .... GRIND on them the whole game and win.

BuckyIsAB****
11-09-2017, 12:48 AM
The 3-4 is a harder defense to learn. You all should this from when we made that transition. The most effected is the LBs. Bama will be playing with 2 true freshmen and without the man who communicates on the field.

What does that mean? Busted assignments mean to the house runs and wide open TEs. I don't care if they are 4 stars or 5 stars, the schemes of a 3-4 will not help in understanding every assignment.

Now throw in the fact that MSU runs the spread. It's one of the hardest to defend when you have an effective runner at the QB and RBs that always go forward.

I'm not so sure we couldn't simply .... GRIND on them the whole game and win.

Good luck

Todd4State
11-09-2017, 01:01 AM
The problem is they are going to have nine guys in the box and their freshmen are all 4-5 star talents. We aren't going to be able to be balanced enough to beat them. I'm sorry. Like I said- we lost this game 3-5 years ago when we failed to recruit any legit outside WR's.

It sucks, but at least we have Couch and Todd who are young and promising and more guys like Guidry and Heath on the way so maybe we can get them in 2019.

BuckyIsAB****
11-09-2017, 01:17 AM
The problem is they are going to have nine guys in the box and their freshmen are all 4-5 star talents. We aren't going to be able to be balanced enough to beat them. I'm sorry. Like I said- we lost this game 3-5 years ago when we failed to recruit any legit outside WR's.

It sucks, but at least we have Couch and Todd who are young and promising and more guys like Guidry and Heath on the way so maybe we can get them in 2019.

We have some guys that can hurt them and anyone else we play for that matter at WR, but they are going to need help. Play action and help from the D.

Todd4State
11-09-2017, 01:23 AM
We have some guys that can hurt them and anyone else we play for that matter at WR, but they are going to need help. Play action and help from the D.

After this week we play the two worst rushing defenses in the SEC and neither of them are great against the pass either. As long as we don't sustain massive injuries against Bama we should put up some really big numbers on offense and make some positive strides going into bowl season.

BuckyIsAB****
11-09-2017, 01:30 AM
After this week we play the two worst rushing defenses in the SEC and neither of them are great against the pass either. As long as we don't sustain massive injuries against Bama we should put up some really big numbers on offense and make some positive strides going into bowl season.

Agreed. We might rush for 600 yards those 2 games combined

Coach007
11-09-2017, 02:15 AM

They won't have 9 in the box. Having a freshmen playing in a 3-4 like Bama's is a weakness due to having to know the system. I don't care if they are a super 6 star. If you don't know the defenses, you are going to be out of position. I will take a Jordan Thomas slamming on a LB that's a freshman with little to no game time ANYDAY!

Todd4State
11-09-2017, 08:55 AM
They won't have 9 in the box. Having a freshmen playing in a 3-4 like Bama's is a weakness due to having to know the system. I don't care if they are a super 6 star. If you don't know the defenses, you are going to be out of position. I will take a Jordan Thomas slamming on a LB that's a freshman with little to no game time ANYDAY!

If Saban doesn't put 9 in the box against us it's a mistake on his part. I don't think he will make that mistake.

Coach007
11-09-2017, 09:12 AM
If Saban doesn't put 9 in the box against us it's a mistake on his part. I don't think he will make that mistake.

9 in the box vs a spread offense is suicide.

Token Bammer
11-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Minkah has been practicing all week and should play.

When we are in the true 3-4 (regular) we will only have one true freshman in the game at a given time. The other sub (now starter) is Keith Holcombe in the middle, and he's got a ton of game experience and started a few games already this season.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2017, 09:31 AM
9 in the box vs a spread offense is suicide.

This. No freaking way they would leave themselves that exposed.

If they do, we should just throw 30 straight jump ball down the field.

It’s gonna take us having a RAT at WR to win this game.

Todd, Couch etc will have to make plays.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Minkah has been practicing all week and should play.

When we are in the true 3-4 (regular) we will only have one true freshman in the game at a given time. The other sub (now starter) is Keith Holcombe in the middle, and he's got a ton of game experience and started a few games already this season.

I just don’t see how Minkah will be 100%.

Dawgology
11-09-2017, 09:39 AM

THIS....EXACTLY!! The coaches saw this happening and did little to prevent it. Oh well...

Token Bammer
11-09-2017, 10:06 AM

I don't think he'll be 100%, but Minkah at 80-90% is better than most. Play this week, rest next week against Mercer to get ready for da barn.

Dallas_Dawg
11-09-2017, 10:08 AM

*BAMA Roids

Maroons
11-09-2017, 10:10 AM

We'll score at will if this happens.

Bubb Rubb
11-09-2017, 10:12 AM
I don't think he'll be 100%, but Minkah at 80-90% is better than most. Play this week, rest next week against Mercer to get ready for da barn.

If he plays, he won't even be at 80%. Nobody bounces back from hamstring injuries this fast.

I don't think he's going to play because there's too much risk in losing him for the season when he can just sit out and get healthy for the SECC and bowl game(s). If he does play, Mullen should go at him all day because he's going to be limited.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2017, 10:20 AM

IDK mane.

If it's really a hamstring issue, I just don't see him being 80-90%. Hamstrings are a sumbitch

Coach34
11-09-2017, 10:27 AM
They are going to lock up man and commit 6 to the box with a 7th ready to roll down at times. They have also hurt us with the worst blitz in football- the CB blitz. They do it from the short side of the field when we are on the hash. There wont be much we can do about it.

I'll be surprised if we make it to 10 points- c'mon defensive TD

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2017, 10:29 AM
They are going to lock up man and commit 6 to the box with a 7th ready to roll down at times. They have also hurt us with the worst blitz in football- the CB blitz. They do it from the short side of the field when we are on the hash. They wont be much we can do about it.

Yup.

The goal for every MSU fan should be 17 points in this game. If we can get to 17 points, I give us a 40% chance of winning, which is really good if you think about it.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2017, 11:34 AM
*BAMA Roids

LSU antlers

Token Bammer
11-09-2017, 12:06 PM
*BAMA Roids

We keeping it real with that deer antler spray.

Coach007
11-09-2017, 12:36 PM
They are going to lock up man and commit 6 to the box with a 7th ready to roll down at times. They have also hurt us with the worst blitz in football- the CB blitz. They do it from the short side of the field when we are on the hash. There wont be much we can do about it.

That's right. The main issue is exploiting the fact that they will have issues in the LB corp. Again, I will take Jordan Thomas pounding on those freshmen any day!