PDA

View Full Version : So this website KILLS the whole "beautiful campus excuse" up the road

notsofarawaydawg
11-08-2017, 05:46 PM
LINK (http://pgms.org/2017-green-star-award-winners/)

BrunswickDawg
11-08-2017, 06:21 PM
This is Our Landscaping!

gravedigger
11-08-2017, 06:39 PM
LINK (http://pgms.org/2017-green-star-award-winners/)

How are we 'mid sized' with regard to area?

RocketDawg
11-08-2017, 06:54 PM

Good question. And I've never heard of some of the "large" ones.

99jc
11-09-2017, 08:32 AM
As someone who lived near the junction back in the late 60's I can tell you with out any bias this campus has evolved. It was an eyesore back in the day but is absolutely stunning now. They need to tear down the apartments near the baseball field and put in a park that would complete that area.

BB30
11-09-2017, 10:07 AM
As someone who lived near the junction back in the late 60's I can tell you with out any bias this campus has evolved. It was an eyesore back in the day but is absolutely stunning now. They need to tear down the apartments near the baseball field and put in a park that would complete that area.

Yep and most older fans of different schools still have that image in their heads when they think of Mississippi State.

RougeDawg
11-09-2017, 12:18 PM

Removing or refacing Dorman would help out tremendously. Always been an eyesore in one of be most visited areas of campus.

Perpetual Underachiever
11-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Dorman has to go. I've never understood why it was not a top priority considering the other construction we've done in the past 15 years. When or what is planned for Dorman in the master plan?

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Dorman has to go. I've never understood why it was not a top priority considering the other construction we've done in the past 15 years. When or what is planned for Dorman in the master plan?

Dorman isn’t going anywhere. It’s on every master plan I have ever seen as far out as they go. I’ve been told there is some very complex and expensive research equipment that is basically built into the structure of the building. Hopefully we can at least put a new facade on the place.

Lord McBuckethead
11-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Removing or refacing Dorman would help out tremendously. Always been an eyesore in one of be most visited areas of campus.

I have a design in my sketchbook here on how to do it.

BiscuitEater
11-09-2017, 03:36 PM

Looked up Taylor University under University and College Grounds (Large). Says it's campus is .. "is a private institution that was founded in 1846. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 2,131, its setting is rural, and the campus size is 952 acres."

Meanwhile, MSU is under University and College Grounds (Mid-Size). Listed as .."Mississippi State University is a public institution that was founded in 1878. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 18,090, its setting is rural, and the campus size is 4,200 acres.

Last time I looked 4,200 was a touch bigger than 952 acres.

RougeDawg
11-09-2017, 05:18 PM
I have a design in my sketchbook here on how to do it.

Implosion? Someone tried to burn it down while I was in school. During a concert in amphitheater. I had a Biochem Test in there the next day that was cancelled. Seemed like a Milton from Office Space type move at the time.

Dolphus Raymond
11-09-2017, 05:25 PM
They must not have factored The Grove into the equation. **

Lord McBuckethead
11-09-2017, 05:41 PM
Any website that doesn't have the white coeds multiplier isn't going to show UM as a top tier campus.