PDA

View Full Version : Womens Basketball Recruiting

preachermatt83
11-08-2017, 05:45 PM
We all enjoyed the run our girls gave us last season. This year we will be outstanding as well... Because women's recruiting is not covered much I don't think a lot of us realize what Vic is building!! Have you guys seen what we signed today?? 3 signees... 2 are 5 stars and 1 is a 4 star. Vic is building a powerhouse with staying power.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-08-2017, 05:50 PM
But..... you can't recruit 5 Stars to MSU because of Tradition, Starkville, Facilities....

shannondawg
11-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Is it because we don't have a beautiful campus and town????

But..... you can't recruit 5 Stars to MSU because of Tradition, Starkville, Facilities....

Dawg61
11-08-2017, 06:22 PM
We all enjoyed the run our girls gave us last season. This year we will be outstanding as well... Because women's recruiting is not covered much I don't think a lot of us realize what Vic is building!! Have you guys seen what we signed today?? 3 signees... 2 are 5 stars and 1 is a 4 star. Vic is building a powerhouse with staying power.

Any more info than just stars? Did we get another Aussie this year? I am excited to see our freshman Aussie this year sorry forgot her name.

Parker Street
11-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Here are your 2018 signees:

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/344/class/2018

Dawg61
11-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Here are your 2018 signees:

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/344/class/2018

So Daphane White is a 5* player, ESPN top 50 and the Clarion Ledger gives her 4th team All-State. wtf

Parker Street
11-08-2017, 07:25 PM
So Daphane White is a 5* player, ESPN top 50 and the Clarion Ledger gives her 4th team All-State. wtf

That is kind of strange.

I am a Tennessee fan, and the Lady Vols fans follow women's basketball recruiting as avidly as the football people follow football recruiting.

I also browse the Mississippi State forums from time to time. Your women's basketball coach has done a phenomenal job building an elite basketball program. I watch your team play every season.

The Lady Vols had the number one recruiting class for 2017 and the four freshmen played in their first exhibition game last night.

The Lady Vols have not been to the Final Four in nine years (last national championship also) and the heat is building up on coach Holly Warlick to get back to the Final Four at a minimum.

Dawg61
11-08-2017, 08:35 PM
That is kind of strange.

I am a Tennessee fan, and the Lady Vols fans follow women's basketball recruiting as avidly as the football people follow football recruiting.

I also browse the Mississippi State forums from time to time. Your women's basketball coach has done a phenomenal job building an elite basketball program. I watch your team play every season.

The Lady Vols had the number one recruiting class for 2017 and the four freshmen played in their first exhibition game last night.

The Lady Vols have not been to the Final Four in nine years (last national championship also) and the heat is building up on coach Holly Warlick to get back to the Final Four at a minimum.

Keep signing top classes and it won't take long. I do believe Parker Street you're the first person to join this board from a rival site with interest in talking ladies hoops first. That's awesome and I am honored to welcome you to the board as the 1st. We could use some knowledge about women's hoops on this board. We are getting better but to be honest nobody gave a shit about our women's program (myself included) until Schaeffer came along. Our victory over UConn will forever go down as one of the greatest wins in sports though and we are all very proud about it. We lost to UConn by 60 points in the Sweet 16 the year before and that just makes it so much sweeter. Woulda been great to win one more game to win the National Championship but I ain't complaining after that win over UConn. They won an ESPY for that win.

Homedawg
11-08-2017, 09:11 PM
I get your point and it has some validity. But this isn't football and not even close so no need to compare the two.
ETA let me be perfectly clear, you won't fan a bigger fan of Vic than I am. And what he's done is remarkable, and extremely difficult! Kudos.

WSOPdawg
11-08-2017, 10:33 PM
That is kind of strange.

Wow, did not realize that. That's so un-SEC-like. UK in men's BB, Bama in football, Lady Vols in WBB are the 3 staples the conference is used to.

MCsMGs
11-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Any State fan that hasn't spent a little time around Vic is missing out...He's the kind of guy people will take a bullet for.

We are incredibly fortunate to have him!

ZedFedder
11-09-2017, 01:02 PM
They announced them as five stars but at the same time saw they were all ranked in the 40s and 50s in the country. Don't get me wrong, that is still really good, but the 5 star deal is a little deceptive.

Parker Street
11-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Another thing to keep in mind about recruiting is that those 4 and 5 star recruits often turn out to be average women's basketball players. Of course some of it has to do with the individual player's desire and work ethic.

An example is the Lady Vols with the Numbers 1 (Diamond DeShields) and the number 2 (Mercedes Russell) ranked players in the nation coming out of high school. With these two players on the team the Lady Vols suffered the most losses in their history last season, and got bounced in the Sweet Sixteen.

MabenMaroon
11-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Any more info than just stars? Did we get another Aussie this year? I am excited to see our freshman Aussie this year sorry forgot her name.

Chloe Bibby, picked up a mess of early fouls in the exhibition game. She is very physical and a non-stop hustler, give her some time she'll be solid.

MabenMaroon
11-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Another thing to keep in mind about recruiting is that those 4 and 5 star recruits often turn out to be average women's basketball players. Of course some of it has to do with the individual player's desire and work ethic.

An example is the Lady Vols with the Numbers 1 (Diamond DeShields) and the number 2 (Mercedes Russell) ranked players in the nation coming out of high school. With these two players on the team the Lady Vols suffered the most losses in their history last season, and got bounced in the Sweet Sixteen.

I strongly believe that is CVS's strong point, identifying good character and work ethic. It helps having a daughter that is going through the experience as well and don't forget Morgan William has also spent a lot of time in that household. Coach Vic has some good exposure to high character gals.

Lord McBuckethead
11-09-2017, 08:24 PM
That's not how you spell Jessica.
I kid. Hope they all win 100 games in a row.

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2017, 08:35 PM

She was going to MSU, all you need to know.