PDA

View Full Version : Normalcy Bias - Ole Miss delusion

Bulldogg31
11-08-2017, 08:39 AM
"The normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a belief people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster and its possible effects. Normalcy bias causes people to believe that things will always function the way things normally function."

It's a defense mechanism our brain uses that causes us to deal with impending disasters in an irrational way. Like the meme of the dog sitting in a burning house saying "this is fine."

There have been documented cases of people refusing to get out of their seat after a plane crash because their brain has convinced them everything is going to be ok and their worst fears aren't currently being realized.

Ole Miss fans' brains have convinced them that everything is going to be fine and return to normal. They've made themselves believe that the impending disaster isn't going to happen.

This is fine. Everything is fine.

Political Hack
11-08-2017, 08:44 AM
I like the new guy.

bulldog2488
11-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Tried to insert the "this is fine" dog meme, but apparently I'm technology challenged.

War Machine Dawg
11-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Tried to insert the "this is fine" dog meme, but apparently I'm technology challenged.

I got ya:
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/9x059kOmDYzmIi0yaoStSKnvHMo=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6851721/post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-Im-N7mp.png

bulldog2488
11-08-2017, 09:17 AM
Thanks, WMD!

Liverpooldawg
11-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Part of thier problem is that they have been repeatedly told by “their” people that nothing will really happen to them. Nobody in the supposedly unbiased media has really corrected them to any extent. Their people have explained away the few that have tried as allies of MSU (like we have any in the media). It easy to understand why the vast majority of their fan base believes nothing much is wrong. When it comes down there is going to be a lot of shock and anger. Most of what “their” people have been trying to do since the second NOA has dropped seems to have been geared toward channeling that anger toward us and away from where it belongs, at their athletic department and administration. I️ could be wrong but it does make sense.

Why in the heck is I️ (eye spelled with one letter) now coming up as I️ ?