11-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Stingray is a joke and I wish he was banished from Starkville permanently

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Stingray is a joke and I wish he was banished from Starkville permanently

In the immortal words of C34, "Ugh"

BeardoMSU
11-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Yeah...if anyone thinks Stingray's presence on Tosh.0 tonight is going to paint MSU in a good light nationally, go get your head examined....because he is a walking ****ing stereotype, and not one that should ever represent Mississippi State University.

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Yeah...if anyone thinks Stingray's presence on Tosh.0 tonight is going to paint MSU in a good light nationally, go get your head examined....because he is a walking ****ing stereotype, and not one that should ever represent Mississippi State University.
Isn’t he a Bammer in real life?

BeardoMSU
11-07-2017, 03:06 PM

He is, and he's using MSU and his "fandom" to create an online/entertainment personality.

He's basically a Phyllis from Mulga.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2017, 03:06 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Rv44V6fm4X8/maxresdefault.jpg

Political Hack
11-07-2017, 03:07 PM

Yeah. Think he went to school there.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2017, 03:08 PM

How did that guy get into a 4 year school?

Cooterpoot
11-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Got more chins than China Town. Let me guess, lives with his parents still?

Perpetual Underachiever
11-07-2017, 03:18 PM

Exactly. Please go away Stringray, PLEASE!

Bothrops
11-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Not only did he go to Bama, he graduated from there.

TrapGame
11-07-2017, 03:19 PM
When I saw Finebaum started using him I knew he was bad news. Finebaum looks for the absolute riff-raff of the SEC to promote.

Anonymous
11-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Honestly, this really rubs me the wrong way and I will encourage everyone I know to stop following Walker. His treating Stingray like shit looks absolutely horrible for our fanbase and isn't something decent people do. We pride ourselves on being friendly and welcoming, this isn't that. This simply isn't how we treat our own, that's not what this fanbase is about.

Make fun of Stingray but know you're being assholes. The guy is passionate about State and frankly there is no bad publicity unless you're doing something illegal or, well, being an asshole.

Anonymous
11-07-2017, 03:27 PM

No. I have multiple friends from Bama who claim he would wear State gear to class even when he was still in college. (This was a decade ago, during the Croom years)

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Honestly, this really rubs me the wrong way and I will encourage everyone I know to stop following Walker. His treating Stingray like shit looks absolutely horrible for our fanbase and isn't something decent people do. We pride ourselves on being friendly and welcoming, this isn't that.

Make fun of Stingray but know you're being assholes. The guy is passionate about State and frankly there is no bad publicity unless you're doing something illegal or, well, being an asshole.

Ugh

Cooterpoot
11-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Honestly, this really rubs me the wrong way and I will encourage everyone I know to stop following Walker. His treating Stingray like shit looks absolutely horrible for our fanbase and isn't something decent people do. We pride ourselves on being friendly and welcoming, this isn't that.

Welcome to the board Stingray

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2017, 03:31 PM
No. I have multiple friends from Bama who claim he would wear State gear to class even when he was still in college. (This was a decade ago, during the Croom years)

He has no real ties with us though. He does have real ones to Alabama.

Anonymous
11-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Welcome to the board Stingray

Been posting here for a while. I'm a State grad and definitely not Stingray. But I assumed this response would fly in, well played.

I'm sure he posts here though. Know he posts on SECrant and I'm sure our other boards as well.

TrapGame
11-07-2017, 03:32 PM

Then he should have had his ass in Starkville attending classes instead!

Anonymous
11-07-2017, 03:34 PM
He has no real ties with us though. He does have real ones to Alabama.

If ties determined fanhood we wouldn't have to deal with a lot of the Bama fans we have in North MS or the LSU fans in the South.
It would be great but sadly isn't reality.

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2017, 03:43 PM
If ties determined fanhood we wouldn't have to deal with a lot of the Bama fans we have in North MS or the LSU fans in the South.
It would be great but sadly isn't reality.

He actually WENT to Bama.

louisvilledawg
11-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Honestly, this really rubs me the wrong way and I will encourage everyone I know to stop following Walker. His treating Stingray like shit looks absolutely horrible for our fanbase and isn't something decent people do. We pride ourselves on being friendly and welcoming, this isn't that. This simply isn't how we treat our own, that's not what this fanbase is about.

Stingray just needs to head on down the road. That dude is hellbent on launching his youtube career. His act is just old- it isn't funny. It's sad really. I think I would like the Steven Ray guy as a person and would enjoy some brews with him, but i don't like Stingray. I will discourage any state fan from tuning into his stuff.

Hasu Dackds
11-07-2017, 03:48 PM
I will discourage any state fan from tuning into his stuff.

This is the correct answer. The guy is dumb, but who cares. We have way too many fans (grown ass men) who care what people think.

Hasu Dackds
11-07-2017, 03:49 PM

I agree with this too. If you think he sucks, just don't watch his stuff. He's not reflective of anyone but himself.

Anonymous
11-07-2017, 03:51 PM
Stingray just needs to head on down the road. That dude is hellbent on launching his youtube career. His act is just old- it isn't funny. It's sad really. I think I would like the Steven Ray guy as a person and would enjoy some brews with him, but i don't like Stingray. I will discourage any state fan from tuning into his stuff.

Yeah if you don't like him then don't watch. I personally don't watch any of his stuff, or YouTube content in general.

That doesn't make publicaly treating him that way ok. Walker is a piece of trash now in my book and doesn't represent what my university stands for. We as fans, or "family" if you like to throw that tag out there, shouldn't tolerate cannibalizing our own like that.

Dallas_Dawg
11-07-2017, 03:53 PM
I agree with this too. If you think he sucks, just don't watch his stuff. He's not reflective of anyone but himself.

The point that Brandon and others are making is that this is going on a popular, nationally televised show where Tosh sets him up to make fun of him. Stingray hasn't even seen the real version of it where Tosh will rip him a new asshole outside of what they filmed together.
Stingray thinks this is his big shot, but every other "Web Redemption" that they have on Tosh is just a joke where Tosh absolutely rips them a new asshole. And to have our school all over the video is just not a good look. Stingray was embarrassing at first, now it has taken it to a whole 'nother level of embarrassment.

Dallas_Dawg
11-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Anonymous = Stingray's mom

Ifyouonlyknew
11-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Yeah if you don't like him then don't watch. I personally don't watch any of his stuff, or YouTube content in general.

That doesn't make publicaly treating him that way ok. Walker is a piece of trash now in my book and doesn't represent what my university stands for. We as fans, or "family" if you like to throw that tag out there, shouldn't tolerate cannibalizing our own like that.

I think this is where people have a problem. Yea we are fans & family but if a member of the family or someone portraying to be a member of our family has the entire family looking bad or in a terrible light well yes speak on it. He's going to be on a nationally televised show representing MSU. So yes if he looks like an idiot & a hick then people are going to stereotype MSU fans as such if they don't know anything about MSU. I understand what Brandon was saying. I wouldn't use that method but agree with his message.

BeardoMSU
11-07-2017, 04:00 PM
He's not reflective of anyone but himself.

Really?

BeardoMSU
11-07-2017, 04:01 PM
I think this is where people have a problem. Yea we are fans & family but if a member of the family or someone portraying to be a member of our family has the entire family looking bad or in a terrible light well yes speak on it. He's going to be on a nationally televised show representing MSU. So yes if he looks like an idiot & a hick then people are going to stereotype MSU fans as such if they don't know anything about MSU. I understand what Brandon was saying. I wouldn't use that method but agree with his message.

This^^^

Anonymous
11-07-2017, 04:06 PM
I'm actually not sure Tosh will make fun of him all that much, he really really hates Nick Saban. If it were any other week I would maybe worry a little more.

But again, in the grand scheme it's still putting the brand out there so people hear it, which doesn't happen nearly enough.

shoeless joe
11-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Eh...I think he's embarrassing himself but is he really changing anyone's thoughts about state? If they had an over the top stereotypical coonass on as an LSU fan it wouldn't suddenly make me think all LSU fans are like that. And like someone else said, outside of the south they'll just be making fun of any ol southerner

BeardoMSU
11-07-2017, 04:14 PM
But again, in the grand scheme it's still putting the brand out there so people hear it, which doesn't happen nearly enough.

I want guys like Dak Prescott, Fletcher Cox, Dan Mullen speaking for "our" brand, as it relates to athletics. Then there's the exposure we got with the girls defeating UConn...that's brand for you. On the academic side, we've got plenty of research and educational advancements and alumni that push our brand.

What we don't need are over-the-top youtube "ceWEBrities" that push a southern stereotype not reflective of the overall Mississippi State University community and family.

Hasu Dackds
11-07-2017, 04:15 PM
And to have our school all over the video is just not a good look.
When someone says or types this phrase, it's like an alarm goes off, showing that world that you care what others say about you, more than what you think about you.

Good luck tonight. Hope Stingray doesn't embarrass you too much.

Hasu Dackds
11-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Eh...I think he's embarrassing himself but is he really changing anyone's thoughts about state?
of course not

Anonymous
11-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Anonymous = Stingray's mom

Look out! You'll have the guys at Genespage slapping their knees for days with that one!

Anonymous
11-07-2017, 04:21 PM
I want guys like Dak Prescott, Fletcher Cox, Dan Mullen speaking for "our" brand, as it relates to athletics. Then there's the exposure we got with the girls defeating UConn...that's brand for you. On the academic side, we've got plenty of research and educational advancements and alumni that push our brand.

What we don't need are over-the-top youtube "ceWEBrities" that push a southern stereotype not reflective of the overall Mississippi State University community and family.

You need all of the above.

The sad truth is that nobody thinks of research when they think of Mississippi. Our pro athletes do a phenomenal job, yet most of the country couldn't tell you which ones came from State and which ones came from OM.

Perception doesn't matter if they don't hear the name enough to know who we are.

Dallas_Dawg
11-07-2017, 04:25 PM
When someone says or types this phrase, it's like an alarm goes off, showing that world that you care what others say about you, more than what you think about you.

Good luck tonight. Hope Stingray doesn't embarrass you too much.

Don't be such a *****, Goat

Ari Gold
11-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Who gives a **** it's the Tosh.0 show ... Tosh rips Bama fans all the time and he has had his share on red neck bammers on his show.
IF our PR dept and media would worry more about calling out the national media ( Finbaum ) and local media who hurt us 10x more than Stingray. Hell it was the Finbaum show that made this nobody into a somebody.

Ari Gold
11-07-2017, 04:27 PM
Who gives a **** it's the Tosh.0 show ... Tosh rips Bama fans all the time and he has had his share on red neck bammers on his show.
IF our PR dept and media would worry more about calling out the national media ( Finbaum ) and local media who hurt us 10x more than Stingray. Hell it was the Finbaum show that made this nobody into a somebody.

Cooterpoot
11-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Wait a second. We've got people hiding behind screen names telling us we worry about what people think about us. All the while they're not dropping their real names on here. SMH

bostondawg
11-07-2017, 04:36 PM
I graduated from MSU and went on to a prestigious PhD program up north, and I take an immense amount of pride in MSU academics. But I can assure you that I've heard a lot of shit from people up here, cracking jokes about Mississippi. I feel like I try to fight stereotypes about Mississippi every day, and I'm happy to do so. People who feed into those stereotypes (like Stingray) do our university a disservice. Those stereotypes feed into hurting us in academic reputation, which leads to lower academic rankings and less research money. Without making too big a leap, you really can suggest that people who feed these stereotypes directly cost MSU money because of research/better students+alumni and less money means worse football. Just how it goes. If you wanna break stereotypes, you have to make a concerted effort to do so.

BeardoMSU
11-07-2017, 04:47 PM
yet most of the country couldn't tell you which ones came from State and which ones came from OM.

Well, normally that would be true, but in this case, with that MSU on his polo and the big MSU flag behind him in the trailer, it won't be hard for non-southerners to figure out who he's rep'n.

BeardoMSU
11-07-2017, 04:50 PM
I graduated from MSU and went on to a prestigious PhD program up north, and I take an immense amount of pride in MSU academics. But I can assure you that I've heard a lot of shit from people up here, cracking jokes about Mississippi. I feel like I try to fight stereotypes about Mississippi every day, and I'm happy to do so. People who feed into those stereotypes (like Stingray) do our university a disservice. Those stereotypes feed into hurting us in academic reputation, which leads to lower academic rankings and less research money. Without making too big a leap, you really can suggest that people who feed these stereotypes directly cost MSU money because of research/better students+alumni and less money means worse football. Just how it goes. If you wanna break stereotypes, you have to make a concerted effort to do so.

All. Of. This. ^^^

Turfdawg67
11-07-2017, 06:39 PM

Excellent post and I agree wholeheartedly! He’s an embarrassment, period.

ElitedawgRecruiting
11-07-2017, 06:58 PM
We all have idiot cousins we have to deal with. And don’t want them where we work and play. And we sure as hell don’t want them representing our family.

bostondawg
11-07-2017, 07:12 PM
I want to maintain the kindness that Stingray claims our alumni base represents. I think he's right, and it's a good virtue to aspire to have.

But when people think of MSU, I want them to think of academic research and a competitive spirit. I want our university and state to be well-regarded in academic, business, artistic, and football circles. People who perpetuate stereotypes for their own brand hold us back.

yjnkdawg
11-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Delete

Coach34
11-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Ugh

RocketDawg
11-07-2017, 08:13 PM

Absolutely. You couldn't have said it better.

Coach34
11-07-2017, 08:16 PM
I stood at our tailgate 2 years ago and watched OM fans making fun of him and getting pics with him. It was so embarrassing I almost punched a couple of them. It was ridiculous. Why didn't I? Because he was totally oblivious to the fact that they were making fun of him.

Bama has Phyllis
Auburn has Tammy
We have that moron

It is what it is

Cooterpoot
11-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Dude is more interested in himself and his “fame” than he is State. He uses State for attention.

Todd4State
11-07-2017, 08:21 PM
So, basically we have two MSU social media cowboys fighting each other? Gotta love the Internet.

I agree that Stingray's persona doesn't represent MSU well. Also agree with those that don't like the way Walker handled it.

DanDority
11-07-2017, 08:47 PM
I could've sworn Stingray is in Kid Rock's music video: Podunk

Brandon Walker
11-07-2017, 08:50 PM
I love Mississippi State. There's a chance Sting Ray does, too. And there's a chance he's a nice guy.

But he is not given a platform because he's a nice guy. He's given a platform because he fits a stereotype and he plays the role of a glorified cartoon character. Which is fine. But when he is introduced on these shows, he isn't introduced as college football enthusiast Sting Ray. He isn't introduced as SEC super fan Sting Ray. He is introduced as Mississippi State fan Sting Ray. He is paraded about as the prototypical State fan and I got tired of it.

Maybe I was being a little sensitive. But I'm gonna use whatever platform I have to defend State when it's getting embarrassed.

Watch the Tosh preview. This guy sits there and grins while a national TV host dressed in overalls, a straw hat and bare feet makes jokes at his and our expense. Defend that.

The bottom line is that this guy embarrasses Mississippi State for his own personal gain. Think about that.

Maybe I went about it the wrong way, but somebody had to say something.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-07-2017, 08:54 PM

Nm, beat to the punch a long time ago.

Coach34
11-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Thanks for posting Walker

Count me in on Walker's side

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2017, 09:03 PM
I love Mississippi State. There's a chance Sting Ray does, too. And there's a chance he's a nice guy.

But he is not given a platform because he's a nice guy. He's given a platform because he fits a stereotype and he plays the role of a glorified cartoon character. Which is fine. But when he is introduced on these shows, he isn't introduced as college football enthusiast Sting Ray. He isn't introduced as SEC super fan Sting Ray. He is introduced as Mississippi State fan Sting Ray. He is paraded about as the prototypical State fan and I got tired of it.

Maybe I was being a little sensitive. But I'm gonna use whatever platform I have to defend State when it's getting embarrassed.

Watch the Tosh preview. This guy sits there and grins while a national TV host dressed in overalls, a straw hat and bare feet makes jokes at his and our expense. Defend that.

The bottom line is that this guy embarrasses Mississippi State for his own personal gain. Think about that.

Very well said.

If he is truly an MSU fan, he’ll realize the harm he is causing and stop. If he doesn’t, he’s just all about himself.

Cooterpoot
11-07-2017, 09:05 PM
I’m with Walker.

bostondawg
11-07-2017, 09:08 PM

Assuming you're actually Brandon Walker, and not some troll account:

I think your heart is in the right place. As many of us in this thread have expressed, and you articulated well, it sucks to have people make a character out of your alma mater. To be clear, Stingray is a character that exists that people make fun of because it's a convenient way to mock MSU in an indirect way. My roommates here in Boston are actually giving me shit for it right now. I ring my cowbell during games, and they've come to affectionately enjoy it. They have gotten sorta into college football. But they saw the Tosh.0 preview and were basically giving me shit about how redneck and trashy the cowbell comes off--when these same roommates thought it was quirky and spirited and cool before they see characters like Stingray destroy their impressions of what my college was actually like.

So I think many of us are with you. Perhaps you could have been kinder to Stingray--maybe I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say his heart is in the right place, too. He's passionate and fun. If he were a fan of any other fan base I'd enjoy laughing with him. I wish he were just a well-kept secret. Not some guy going on national sets with my alma mater's brand on a pitchfork. I think you could have just basically suggested he be aware of stereotypes and how enforcing them hurts our school. Rather than going as far as "cut all ties." He's a good guy, who means well, just probably doesn't have the perspective to see these bigger consequences.

RocketDawg
11-07-2017, 09:29 PM

I don't have a problem with what you said or how you said it. It was the truth.

Turfdawg67
11-07-2017, 09:35 PM
So, basically we have two MSU social media cowboys fighting each other? Gotta love the Internet.

I agree that Stingray's persona doesn't represent MSU well. Also agree with those that don't like the way Walker handled it.

Shocker that you don?t like Brandon Walker... ha!

Todd4State
11-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Shocker that you don?t like Brandon Walker... ha!

I don't have a problem with Brandon Walker. I said I didn't care for the way he treated Stingray.

BeardoMSU
11-07-2017, 09:37 PM

Slow clap, dude. Well said.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2017, 09:38 PM
#teamshrek

Anonymous
11-07-2017, 09:41 PM
BTW, if you don't think Stingray's heart is in the right place, just noticed he has over 10,000 posts on this site. People don't dedicate that much time to something they aren't extremely passionate about.

I'll give credit where it's due, and you guys are right that Tosh is picking fun at southern stereotypes, and in this case those are directly tied to State. Let's see how the episode goes and revisit.

I still don't care for how aggressive some have been towards him though, we could try to be more constructive with criticism.

Todd4State
11-07-2017, 09:44 PM
BTW, if you don't think Stingray's heart is in the right place, just noticed he has over 10,000 posts on this site. People don't dedicate that much time to something they aren't extremely passionate about.

I'll give credit where it's due, and you guys are right that Tosh is picking fun at southern stereotypes, and in this case those are directly tied to State. Let's see how the episode goes and revisit.

I still don't care for how aggressive some have been towards him though, we could try to be more constructive with criticism.

Stingray = TUSK?**

Anonymous
11-07-2017, 09:45 PM
I don't have a problem with Brandon Walker. I said I didn't care for the way he treated Stingray.

Likewise. I don't know Walker and he's a funny follow on Twitter, one of the best State Twitter's honestly. But publicaly shaming/attacking one of our own like that isn't something we should be about.

Cooterpoot
11-07-2017, 09:50 PM
A lot of us don’t consider Stingray one of our own. I don’t.

Dawg61
11-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Can't hate a man for finding an avenue to make himself successful in. I think Stingray is making the best off the hand he was dealt. Ride the wave as long and as big as you can I say. Ain't none of y'all would give a shit about him before he was on tv so quit acting like you give a shit about him now. You just don't like the way he looks. Plain and simple. If he was blessed with great looks y'all would be thrilled with his national exposure. Don't be so shallow. Back the man and maybe he'll really blow up and be in a funny movie with Will Farrell or something. I haven't seen him making fun of MSU once. I see him making fun of himself all the time and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact to me it shows great self confidence when you're able to joke about yourself. I personally think Stingray is boring but I am a tough critic when it comes to humor and youtube "characters".

Anonymous
11-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Was actually a pretty solid segment. Ripped on the SEC pretty hard at first but other than that nothing bad. I was prepared for much worse.

preachermatt83
11-07-2017, 10:29 PM

Count me on walkers side too. Post more Brandon.

msstate7
11-07-2017, 10:33 PM
You guys take this stuff waaaayyyy too seriously. When I meet an idiot fan of another school, I do not automatically stereotype an entire fanbase over 1 person. To be honest, if someone does stereotype an entire fanbase over 1 person, they no smarter than stingray anyway. Do not be so insecure

Turfdawg67
11-07-2017, 11:08 PM

I know, my frenemy, I was just referencing y'alls Twitter spat...

Dawg61
11-07-2017, 11:19 PM
Stingray = TUSK?**

Early Vegas odds have it at

2/1 Will James
250/1 msstate7
450/1 Gruden
450/1 Goat
700/1 Jack Lambert
1000/1 Ref
1500/1 Yancy
1500/1 Cadaver
25000/1 Mullen

yjnkdawg
11-07-2017, 11:22 PM
You guys take this stuff waaaayyyy too seriously. When I meet an idiot fan of another school, I do not automatically stereotype an entire fanbase over 1 person. To be honest, if someone does stereotype an entire fanbase over 1 person, they no smarter than stingray anyway. Do not be so insecure

If our fanbase was as passionate about MSU football as Stingray is, we would have had a sellout at the UMass game.

StoneDawg
11-07-2017, 11:24 PM
I like stingray. I do not think he makes MSU look bad. Any publicity is good publicity.

Coldsleeve Jr.
11-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Yeah I dont think Stingray has cost MSU research funding at all. That may be one of the dumber things I've read in a while.

yjnkdawg
11-07-2017, 11:33 PM
Yeah I dont think Stingray has cost MSU research funding at all. That may be one of the dumber things I've read in a while.

LOL I didn't even see that comment. It is highly doubtful that the Tosh Show will have any effect on the funding for any MSU Research Projects. Take that to the bank.

RougeDawg
11-07-2017, 11:38 PM

Does walking around campus constitute ?went to school there?? Tens of thousands of coonasses would like to know. The ring ordering for 2017 wraps up soon.

RougeDawg
11-07-2017, 11:50 PM

I?m with Todd. Walker could have left out the douchebag toolshed approach with this.

As to other?s comments, Stingray didn?t give Mississippi its perception. He doesn?t help, but he didn?t create it. Our backward ass ways of putting up with the Clarion Liar?s constant bashing and putting up with Mississippi sports guys constantly pandering to national media continue to perpetuate it.

Until you eliminate the cancers (Bounds, Wimberly, etc.) in your own house, how can you expect any outsiders to obtain a different perspective other than that which your cancers continue to provide?

Until you rid yourself of your own demons, how can you approach the outside demons?

Coach34
11-07-2017, 11:55 PM

Hold on- what? Stingray posts here? thats news to me. Where did you see he has 10K posts? Stingray is not MsState7...I dont think

msstate7
11-08-2017, 12:00 AM
Hold on- what? Stingray posts here? thats news to me. Where did you see he has 10K posts? Stingray is not MsState7...I dont think

BelmontHevSting7

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-08-2017, 12:06 AM

I stand with coach.....uh, I mean Brandon Walker!

Acid mouth
11-08-2017, 12:27 AM
There are certainly fans that are larger liabilities than Stingray. Let's just take a look up north. They are dealing with a wannabe badass that doled out 10K+ attempting to merry flipmas another State lean. This same badass gets busted, becomes a significant contributor for LOIC, and is going to decimate the Oxford real estate market over the next 10 years. Imagine being upside down on your generic 1500 square foot apartment that just dropped 40% in value with no Manning child playing football anytime soon. You may not like Stingray but we could have worse fans. My only complaint with him is what type of man 1) listens to PF and 2) actually calls him?? Anyway it's Bama week and I ****ing hate em. **** you Alabama!

Todd4State
11-08-2017, 01:10 AM
I know, my frenemy, I was just referencing y'alls Twitter spat...

I think (hope) that was more of a misunderstanding than anything. I couldn't really tell. It sounded to me like he thought I was advocating trying to set Dan Mullen up to throw past mistakes in Dan's face to piss him off when in reality I was adovcating Dan telling fans how the team was going to improve going forward so that we would have a better chance against teams like Georgia and Auburn and not get blown out. The answer I would have been expecting would have been something along the lines of "We're returning a lot of experienced guys next year and we are bringing in some exciting WR prospects which will help us out a lot."

To be totally honest- the only thing I didn't appreciate was him trying to paint me as someone that wanted Dan Mullen fired. But I think I cleared that up at least. People tend to form perceptions that they want to in their heads that they want to see- see Ole Miss- true or not.

But Brandon also has a "brand" to promote in the form of himself and his podcast- much like Stingray has a "brand" as well that he promotes using videos or whatever else he uses. That's what made this whole thing amusing to me- you've got a guy trying to make a name for himself as a superfan trying to call out another superfan by trying to create conflict and making people choose sides without even seeing what the entire segment was about and "doing whatever he (I) need(s) to do to keep someone from embarassing MSU". Paraphrased.

It is what it is.

munk_munk92
11-08-2017, 05:45 AM
I understand both sides of this argument, people want a nice looking fit smart looking guy or girl to represent Mississippi State to not be the butt of jokes and to kill the misrepresentation of Mississippi as a whole. I don't like the stereotype either but if the guy is a true Mississippi State fan then we shouldn't bash him. He can't help how he looks or who he is, well I guess he could go to the gym but you know what I mean. I just feel like some people are bullying dude because of his looks and that's not right, you wouldn't want to see a small kid bullied because he or she is different and that fits here too. Personally if the dude becomes wildly successful off of this then good for him. If people want someone else to represent Mississippi State then by all means get out there and do it, do some short clips and send it in to Finebaum. I cringe too when I see the clips but I'm not going to bash the guy and hate on him. I just don't watch it.

munk_munk92
11-08-2017, 05:48 AM
Shrek wants to be the only goofy looking guy representing Mississippi State. That's what it looks like to me. Let's be honest, if Brandon wasn't doing the radio show and came out like Sting Ray did people on here would be saying the same things about Brandon. That tall shrek goofy looking dude makes us look bad.

LC Dawg
11-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Anyway it's Bama week and I ****ing hate em. **** you Alabama!

This is the best thing I've read all week. We need more of this.

cheewgumm
11-08-2017, 09:55 AM
Thank God everyone loved Coach 34 or he may have been banished too***