PDA

View Full Version : A Reminder For Tonight

Howboutdemdogs
11-07-2017, 09:47 AM
ESPN's 30 for 30 features Nature Boy Rick Flair at 9:00 PM. Whooooo!

BrunswickDawg
11-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Ric Flair is the best all-time! Great technical wrestler, great promo guy, and great stable leader.
And Ric is right when he says "everyone wanted to be me".

I grew up going to NWA TV tapings at the Cobb County Civic Center when Flair and the Horsemen ruled the house. My group of guys at State in the 90s were all wrestling junkies and we went to a number of big events over the years - the last being Wrestlemania 30. We were always throwing Flair quotes into conversations or smack talk - because he was the man. "We're gonna ride Space Mountain", "To be the man, you have to beat the man", "We gonna walk that isle", "Kiss stealin, wheelin' dealin' son of a gun".

When I got married in '96, my best man was one of my State crew. He bet me I couldn't work a Flair reference into our ceremony. My bride walks down the isle with her father and he hands her off to me- and she is crying as most women are. I took her hands, looked her in the eye, and just loud enough that my best man could hear said "Woman, oh woman, won't you marry me now? Woooo" Broke the tension as we all burst out laughing. The minister had no idea what to do. We finish the ceremony, and as we are walking back down the isle, I have a great picture of me flashing the "4" at some of my friends with a "wooo".

TrapGame
11-07-2017, 12:48 PM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/other-sports/article183044431.html

Nature Boy says he's banged 10,000 chicks.

Dallas_Dawg
11-07-2017, 01:25 PM

I heard this on radio this morning. Radio guys said that this was impossible. I just did the math. If he banged a different chick every day for 30 YEARS, that would come out to 10,950. If we are looking at 40 years, banging a different chick every 1.5 days would get him that 10000 number.
That sounds like a tall task, even for The Nature Boy

Sacrifice
11-07-2017, 01:37 PM

I wish I could find it but Tony Schiavone tells a story of Ric Flair taking his robe off in front of him one night. He said it looked like he had a ?baby?s arm holding an apple? it?s sooo funny

Gutter Cobreh
11-07-2017, 01:49 PM
I heard this on radio this morning. Radio guys said that this was impossible. I just did the math. If he banged a different chick every day for 30 YEARS, that would come out to 10,950. If we are looking at 40 years, banging a different chick every 1.5 days would get him that 10000 number.
That sounds like a tall task, even for The Nature Boy

You're assuming only one chick per occurrence....Multiple ladies can take a ride on Space Mountain on any given day!!! Whoo!!!!

Saltydog
11-07-2017, 08:17 PM
Son of Gun. And when you ride space mountain there is only one name you need to remember: Ric Flair woooo!

When I was a kid growing up, I hated the guy on GA Championship Wrestling. Over time, I got to appreciate the talent he really was. The man was born to be a wrestler. Greatest heel of all time.

RocketDawg
11-07-2017, 08:20 PM
I'm probably the only person on the board whose never heard of him.

Saltydog
11-07-2017, 08:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2lW28n3CM

turkish
11-07-2017, 09:11 PM
Did ESPN ever broadcast or cover pro wrestling? Is this the first 30/30 about something that ESPN had no involvement with?

BrunswickDawg
11-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Did ESPN ever broadcast or cover pro wrestling? Is this the first 30/30 about something that ESPN had no involvement with?
Yes they did broadcast it. It was GWF out of Dallas - live from the Dallas Sportatorium in the early 90s. They had some cool young talent that ended up being big - The Patriot, Raven, Bradshaw, Mick Foley, and Buff Bagwell. They used to also show some New Japan I think. They haven?t aired any since the mid 90s though.

turkish
11-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Interesting. I'm glad I asked. I watched a lot of ESPN in the early 90s, mostly sports center, but I couldn't remember.

Howboutdemdogs
11-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Started watching wrestling as a kid with the studio wrestling in Jackson. Moved to NE Miss and watched Mid South wrestling with Jerry "The King" Lawler rising to the top. Eventually we picked up other affilates and found the Nature Boy.