PDA

View Full Version : How good would Omar Conner have done under Dan?

Red Sox Dawg
11-06-2017, 11:31 PM
I think with Dan?s help developing his passing he would have been a beast.

Thoughts

Todd4State
11-06-2017, 11:34 PM
Considering what Dan did with Relf, I would say Omarr would have done pretty well more than likely.

Jackie burning his redshirt in 2003 hurt his development and then Croom shifted him between QB and WR throughout his career when he should have just left him at QB.

BayouDawg
11-06-2017, 11:45 PM
i had forgotten how much arm strength he had. He could really spin it when he was on. He had some wheels too!

Cooterpoot
11-06-2017, 11:46 PM
He’d be our best WR this year.

ScottH
11-07-2017, 12:10 AM
How about Don Smith?

Dawg61
11-07-2017, 12:24 AM
Omar was great. Dan woulda put him in the league. Unfortunately sometimes success is determined by timing and luck. Omar was unlucky in both.

BrunswickDawg
11-07-2017, 07:05 AM
I don?t know. I liked Omar and he was an athlete- but if the guy couldn?t get it together enough to beat out Mike Henig, I don?t know that he would have developed any better.

bulldawg28
11-07-2017, 07:29 AM
I don?t know. I liked Omar and he was an athlete- but if the guy couldn?t get it together enough to beat out Mike Henig, I don?t know that he would have developed any better.

That's Croom's evaluation of the Qb position. That should tell you all you need to know.

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2017, 08:54 AM
How about Don Smith?

If Dan had had Smith and had anything at all to go with him he would have been at the least an All-American.

Spiderman
11-07-2017, 09:24 AM
I think with Dan?s help developing his passing he would have been a beast.

Thoughts

Very well. Croom wasted his talent so badly except for that Fla game. Then, incompetently, went back to his normal crap

Hasu Dackds
11-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Very well. Croom wasted his talent so badly except for that Fla game. Then, incompetently, went back to his normal crap

Croom made that guy put on like 30 lbs. and tried to turn him into a drop-back guy. What a buffoon.

BB30
11-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Omar was great. Dan woulda put him in the league. Unfortunately sometimes success is determined by timing and luck. Omar was unlucky in both.

Sorry not buying Dan would have put him in the league. The guy was a terrific athlete and one of my favorite players despite the lack of success he had. He would try anything for the team and I loved that about him. But he was a long ways from being an NFL QB. I think he would have definitely been a solid college QB don't see him getting to the league though. It takes a special special type of talent to get to the league no matter how much coaching you have. Not everyone will make Dak P type strides and as fans we shouldn't expect every QB Dan coaches to make those strides. I do think as long as Dan is here we will have solid QB play for the college game. I don't expect every QB we trot out there to end up making it to the NFL though.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Dak would have been trying to break O.Connor records.

DownwardDawg
11-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Omar would have been a star under Dan and would have broken all kinds of records. Image Omar with J-rock in Dan's offense. I freakin hate Croom when I think of things like this!!!!
(I don't really hate him. he is a very nice man with great integrity. Terrible HC)

Cooterpoot
11-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Connor was never going to be a great QB. He was a great athlete. He couldn't beat out Fitz now or Dak. Connor's best chance at the NFL was WR. That's why he was moved there. You guys act like Croom didn't have NFL connections. He was trying to help the kid. Croom might not have been a great head coach, but he's not stupid and tried to help the kid. And look at Don Smith. Dude could throw the ball all over the place but he was a NFL rb and couldn't handle the pounding.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-07-2017, 10:51 AM
He also didnt play when Fitz and Dak played so he didnt have to beat them out. Stupid statement. At the time he was by far our best option at QB. Nick Fitz was not a QB either (Middle Tenn State offer) but look what Dan is turning him into.

BuckyIsAB****
11-07-2017, 11:11 AM
If Mullen could make Brian Johnson a winning college QB at Utah, he def couldve made Omarr a winning QB at State. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong IMO

Really Clark?
11-07-2017, 11:35 AM
If Mullen could make Brian Johnson a winning college QB at Utah, he def couldve made Omarr a winning QB at State. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong IMO

You mean Alex Smith? Because Dan only had Johnson for one year when he was a freshman and wasn't playing.

tcdog70
11-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Croom kept an NFL wide receiver( Lance Long) off the field. he totally screwed up Omarr. When Omarr ran the bootleg to beat UAB after the Slytanic told him to run it up the middle for a FG, Croom grabbed Him and chewed Him out for winning the game.

Commercecomet24
11-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Don Smith would?ve been Dak before Dak under Dan.

yjnkdawg
Croom made that guy put on like 30 lbs. and tried to turn him into a drop-back guy. What a buffoon.

It was that stupid complicated so-called West Coast offense.

Spiderman
You mean Alex Smith? Because Dan only had Johnson for one year when he was a freshman and wasn't playing.

Mullen found Johnson. Was sent to recruit another kid one spring and came back and told Myer "I've found our QB"

Myer says he never heard of him. Mullen says that's because he hasn't started a game yet.

Mullen knows what he wants, and needs, when it comes to QB's.

Really Clark?
11-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Mullen found Johnson. Was sent to recruit another kid one spring and came back and told Myer "I've found our QB"

Myer says he never heard of him. Mullen says that's because he hasn't started a game yet.

Mullen knows what he wants, and needs, when it comes to QB's.

I didn't say anything to contradict that. But that was not the point the poster I responded to made, he said Dan made Brian Johnson into the QB he became. While I'm sure he learned a ton from Dan you can't give him the "developed him" props for just one year while Dan was also working more on the starter.

parabrave
11-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Heck I'd like to see what he could've done with Wes Carroll. Of course it would have been a 4 year project