PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Bama Players Accepted Money for Autographs

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2017, 05:58 PM
https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/report-players-alabamas-2009-team-took-payment-autographs-school/amp

My guess is that this probably happens every where to some degree but it kind of ticks me off when the school that is hogging all the top talent in college football is doing it.

Makes you wonder how they've gotten some of the players they have from Mississippi.

Sorry to be petty Tusk but IMO, when you are doing to the SEC what you've done over the past 5 years, your held to a higher standard than Ole Miss. I understand you can't control everything but it really cheapens the sport IMO when you guys are caught up in this stuff

TUSK
11-06-2017, 06:46 PM
https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/report-players-alabamas-2009-team-took-payment-autographs-school/amp

My guess is that this probably happens every where to some degree but it kind of ticks me off when the school that is hogging all the top talent in college football is doing it.

Makes you wonder how they've gotten some of the players they have from Mississippi.

Sorry to be petty Tusk but IMO, when you are doing to the SEC what you've done over the past 5 years, your held to a higher standard than Ole Miss. I understand you can't control everything but it really cheapens the sport IMO when you guys are caught up in this stuff

Yeah, I'd agree with you that it happens everywhere... as long as it's not systemic and it's "nickle/dime" type stuff, I really don't pay a lot of attention to it, regardless of who does it... but I'd certainly hope it's minimized...

Commercecomet24
11-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I'd agree with you that it happens everywhere... as long as it's not systemic and it's "nickle/dime" type stuff, I really don't pay a lot of attention to it, regardless of who does it... but I'd certainly hope it's minimized...

You low life cheating dogs*******

ScoobaDawg
11-06-2017, 06:49 PM
It's not really a surprise.. I mean anyone who doesn't believe the $20 handshakes and stuff like this doesn't occur is just being naive. A lot of these guys grew up with nothing and won't turn down something for free especially when it's that small an amount and they feel like it's not a big deal.

Is it right no. Rules are rules. The only issue I have with it is a good part of the team took part sounds like... Noone wanted to speak against it. Even the guys who turned down the money.

RocketDawg
11-06-2017, 07:06 PM
$200. $400. That's small change, relatively, for memorabilia fraud. Relative to Eli. Whatever happend to him for signing non-game stuff and certifying that it WAS game stuff?

dawgday166
11-06-2017, 11:40 PM
Those cheatin bastards. NCAA should hammer them. Make em vacate that Natty ... get them down to 783 or so nattys. Or better yet ... make em vacate all the nattys under Saban.

BB30
11-07-2017, 10:01 AM

Ha ha you get so butt hurt over Bama anything(not a knock on you its just easier to accept that they are really good and move on. Nothing will change until King Saban is gone). And, yes, it does happen everywhere. Anytime you have future NFLers you are going to have fans that will pay $$ for an autograph. Just part of it.