PDA

View Full Version : Not a WR bashing thread, a passing philosophy observation.

Leroy Jenkins
11-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Notice how many times the WRs are facing toward the line of scrimmage when they catch the ball. Its like our whole route tree consists of nothing but come-backs. Makes it hard to break a long one.

Maybe its just me.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Notice how many times the WRs are facing toward the line of scrimmage when they catch the ball. Its like our whole route tree consists of nothing but come-backs. Makes it hard to break a long one.

Maybe its just me.

Work with what you got. When we get better WR this will change.

Liverpooldawg
11-06-2017, 04:59 PM
Work with what you got. When we get better WR this will change.

Yep

Todd4State
11-06-2017, 05:08 PM
We need to run more short crossing routes.

gravedigger
11-06-2017, 07:43 PM
We need to run more short crossing routes.

I agree. Because I?m not an Msu wr doing that vs bama

yjnkdawg
11-06-2017, 09:22 PM

Maybe its just me.

Maybe they are trying to do that come back to get separation from the DB's. Our long passing game has not worked yet. I wish our receivers would fight for those 50/50 balls and have the mindset that any ball thrown their way is their ball. I know we don't have the top receivers that the really good passing teams have, but at least hopefully adopt that phioloshy.

starkvegasdawg
11-06-2017, 09:26 PM

Maybe its just me.

Some of that may be due to Fitz not exactly being a sniper throwing the football. A WR is an easier target to hit when he?s facing you.

Spiderman
11-06-2017, 09:32 PM

Maybe its just me.

Our passing philosophy is option routes, and crossing routes. In comparison, OM is based on 4 verticals.

Pro offense vs air raid.

But it goes with our running game, although I wish we would at least use the 4 verts concept at times

maroonmania
11-06-2017, 10:40 PM

Maybe its just me.

You are correct. I'm thinking that is why the BYU DB must have been in complete shock when Couch ran the go route for a TD in that game. He had probably never seen that on film.