PDA

View Full Version : Keep this in mind for Saturday

Coach34
11-06-2017, 10:42 AM
2014- 3rd in the SEC in rushing
2017- 3rd in the SEC in rushing

2014- 3rd in the SEC in Pass Offense
2017- 12th in the SEC in Pass Offense

from 2009-2016, State has scored 63 points vs Bama. 8 games...63 points- 7.87 PPG vs Bama

Georgia used the Saban gameplan against us- we scored 3 points

Saturday- we were 14/25 passing for 139 yards- no TD's and 2 picks- against UMASS

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2017, 10:45 AM
Yup. Not sure how we are gonna do it.

We are a good team but it's a terrible matchup for us. Just terrible.

The only chance we have is Bama's injuries cause them problems and our OL plays their best game in the Mullen era

msstate7
11-06-2017, 10:46 AM
And fitz was the sec offensive player of the week vs LSU and aTm, but yeah, umass is the correct barometer

TrapGame
11-06-2017, 10:48 AM
They didn't give a shit about UMass.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2017, 10:49 AM
And fitz was the sec offensive player of the week vs LSU and aTm, but yeah, umass is the correct barometer

Agree with this. The UMass game should in no way be used in any way to analyze this game. We played half asleep Saturday.

In this game, we'll player closer to how we did vs A&M and LSU, but it's still a terrible matchup for our personnel

msstate7
For the record, I said 24-13 bama. Our defense is better at this point of the season than any of ours since 2013. In 2013, we had a shot with a 3rd straight qb bc of our defense. I think our defense gives us a shot Saturday

Coach34

We played LSU while they were missing starters on D and A&M is 10th in the SEC in Scoring D...UMass is only a few spots behind A&M nationally

Drugdog
11-06-2017, 10:50 AM
If Iowa can beat OHio State, we can beat Bama.

Coach34
11-06-2017, 10:51 AM
For the record, I said 24-13 bama. Our defense is better at this point of the season than any of ours since 2013. In 2013, we had a shot with a 3rd straight qb bc of our defense. I think our defense gives us a shot Saturday

I've said 27-6 and I hope its that close. Only way we get double digits is with another TD on D. Bama will play action and hit us over the top a few times.

Maroonthirteen
11-06-2017, 10:52 AM
That is why I said in the other thread. We have to be able to run the ball. If we throw it a lot, I have a bad feeling it will be disaster. With that said, i fully expect us to attempt to throw a lot. I'm praying for a miracle over our passing game.

ShotgunDawg

Agree if only Saban teams had let downs like Meyer teams do.

Saban's track record shows Alabama is Alabama every weekend. Ohio State is just Ohio State most weekends.

msstate7
We played LSU while they were missing starters on D and A&M is 10th in the SEC in Scoring D...UMass is only a few spots behind A&M nationally

Perhaps we get blown out and you can be happy again

Coach34
11-06-2017, 10:53 AM
Perhaps we get blown out and you can be happy again

stop with the BS. Being realistic vs being some ridiculous homer is not hoping we lose

AlSwearengen
11-06-2017, 10:54 AM
You beat Bama by being able to throw the ball. That means having elite wrs and a good throwing q.b. Ole miss, of all people showed us this.

Bama will easily shut down our w.r.’s allowing them to throw more men at the running game. Hopefully, with these highly rated q.b.s that we have lined up, we can recruit some more highly rated w.r.s to go along with them.

turkish
11-06-2017, 10:55 AM
We played LSU while they were missing starters on D
Ladies and gentlemen, we just found butt hurt LSU fan number 1,000,001.

I seen it dawg
11-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Can’t believe we wasted that trick play Todd pass on UMaSS. And in such a great spot in the game.

MrKotter
11-06-2017, 10:56 AM

We were missing DL and WRs but let?s not factor that in.

Tbonewannabe
11-06-2017, 10:58 AM

from 2009-2016, State has scored 63 points vs Bama. 8 games...63 points- 7.87 PPG vs Bama

Saturday- we were 14/25 passing for 139 yards- no TD's and 2 picks- against UMASS

It doesn't help that our receivers were probably worst in the SEC before the injuries. Now our best WRs are out (Gray, Myles, & Dear) or injured (Mixon). It isn't like Dan ever calls a good plan on offense against Bama. We need the Defense to get some turnovers and possibly score. Our Offense needs a WR to step up and produce but I am not holding my breath. It would need to be a Jameon Lewis Liberty Bowl performance and I don't think we have a WR on the roster that could do it against anyone, much less Bama.

Maroonthirteen
11-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, we just found butt hurt LSU fan #1,000,001.

I'm going with State fan #20,000 justifying to oneself why they aren't going to the game.

I seen it dawg
11-06-2017, 11:01 AM
I'm going with State fan #20,000 justifying to oneself why they aren't going to the game.

I’m giving my ticket to a bammer

Jarius
11-06-2017, 11:04 AM
I've said 27-6 and I hope its that close. Only way we get double digits is with another TD on D. Bama will play action and hit us over the top a few times.

Sounds like you’ve got a great opportunity to make some money in Vegas this week

turkish
11-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Unfortunately, in this case the two are not mutually exclusive.

Maroonthirteen
11-06-2017, 11:07 AM
I?m giving my ticket to a bammer

Aren't you sweet. Like I said.....

Coach34
11-06-2017, 11:13 AM
I’m giving my ticket to a bammer

traded mine to a Bama chick for a favor....

msstate7
11-06-2017, 11:14 AM
stop with the BS. Being realistic vs being some ridiculous homer is not hoping we lose

Missing 4 LBs and an AA safety gives us a decent shot at scoring some... not much.

Coach34
11-06-2017, 11:23 AM
Missing 4 LBs and an AA safety gives us a decent shot at scoring some... not much.

not with Gray and Myles out. They wont have trouble stopping the run- their DL is too good

yjnkdawg
11-06-2017, 11:25 AM
If we have any chance whatsoever of beating Bama, we have to have innovative play calling on both sides of the ball. If we can't pass against them, then we are blown up on our running game. Also we need Bama to make some mistakes. If we play conservative to keep from losing, as we have in games like this before and not playing to win, then I don't think we have any chance of even keeping it close.

Liverpooldawg
11-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Y’all need to get real. The only way we beat Bama is to be able to run the ball on them. Face facts. I don’t see it happening.

mparkerfd20
11-06-2017, 11:28 AM
31-3 BAMA. Little to no chance we make this respectable.

msstate7
11-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Y’all need to get real. The only way we beat Bama is to be able to run the ball on them. Face facts. I don’t see it happening.

Who calling a win?

Perpetual Underachiever
11-06-2017, 11:32 AM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SneakyHandsomeAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

BrunswickDawg
11-06-2017, 11:42 AM

And it looks like Bama will be missing starters on D.

As LSU showed Saturday, Bama is containable with a solid D. And I still believe our D is just as stiff as LSU's (insert Beavis and Butthead laugh here). The key for us is no long pass plays.

I think we could - note could - see a game very similar to what we saw this past Saturday night. LSU showed if you continue to pound Bama on the ground, you can eventually start to gain yards and wear them down. Bama players were dropping like flies Saturday because none of them have had to play an entire game all season. We could see a 17-10 type game, or they could beat the shit out of us. I don't think there is any in between.

QuadrupleOption
11-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Coach ain't wrong.

Look, I thought we'd beat LSU. I KNEW we'd beat A&M. I'm almost 100% sure we won't beat Bama barring a miracle or three.

They'll slow down our run game enough, and we don't have the passing game to make them pay for stacking the box.

I love my team but we just don't have the horses on offense to compete with Bama's D.

If I'm wrong, it'll be the best mistake I've ever made and I'll happily eat a plate of crow. But I don't think I'm wrong.

Coach34
11-06-2017, 11:52 AM
I still think we'd beat LSU in a close game. But getting healthy certainly has helped them- as has their Freshmen guys on the OL getting more experience

Bama hammered LSU's run game. LSU hit the 54 yard run on the Wildcat play- but the rest of their runs were 41 carries/97 yards. That 54 yard run upped their pca to 3.6

As we all know- we just dont have the WR's to make them pay. The people that beat them do. You just wont beat them running ball these days

Dental Dawg33
11-06-2017, 11:53 AM
If you told me to put a grand on who I think the winner will be, Bama without hesitation. But with college football anything can happen. They give us 5 turnovers like they did to the landbearrebelsharks or play like they did against ATM this year, we have a good shot at the upset. But, we will have to play lights out on both sides of the ball and sustain drives on offense which means running the ball effectively. Got to have 3 and outs on defense early and keep our defense fresh. Come out and play our A game and let the chips fall where they may.
P.S. if anyone has a couple tickets in the lower level I'd be interested

I seen it dawg
11-06-2017, 11:57 AM
Already gave mine to a bammer

BuckyIsAB****
11-06-2017, 11:58 AM

KO

sleepy dawg
11-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Does our team and coaches believe they can beat Bama? If not, then we can't. I believe if our coaches and players think it can be done, then it can be done... still highly unlikely, but it would be possible. If they don't think they can win, then we've already lost.

bulldawg28
11-06-2017, 12:08 PM

Keep cheering for Bama.

bulldawg28
11-06-2017, 12:09 PM

Absolutely.

Percho
11-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Ban the Bammer's from WDS.

We gonna win, baby!

bulldawg28
11-06-2017, 12:11 PM

Did you watch LSU run the ball against them? Bama just lost their top 2 LB' s and potentially their Qb on defense. They're vunarable big time

bulldawg28
11-06-2017, 12:12 PM
As a player I hated fans like this that thought we had no chance. I always wished they would stay at home instead of coming to the game.

Jack Lambert
11-06-2017, 12:14 PM
I am going to enjoy the day at Davis Wade with my son. I never stand up when the play the Marine Corp HYMN but I just might Saturday. Ooh Rah!

Dawg61
11-06-2017, 12:16 PM
If we run Gibson 35 times and throw 15 hailmary's to Couch we can win this game. Steal Auburn's cheap hurry up no huddle offense and keep giving it to Gibson over and over and over then throw bombs to Couch every 4th play. Oh yea and we need like 2-3 pick 6's. It is possible to win though just not likely.

99jc
11-06-2017, 12:17 PM
Did you watch LSU run the ball against them? Bama just lost their top 2 LB' s and potentially their Qb on defense. They're vunarable big time

Pull away late 30-10. We are due to lose an offensive fumble it will probably come this weekend. Fitz can not take a sack he needs to throw it away and not force it. Mircicles do happen but not this weekend and just remember we were picked to finish last not be ranked 16 in the playoff poll. So what ever happens just chill. And take Bama and the points. That is all.

Bothrops
11-06-2017, 12:22 PM
They stack the box, we have one guy that can out-physical Bama defenders, Jordan Thomas. We have nobody else to throw to. I just hope our defense gets a turnover that results in points somehow, and we don't get anybody hurt.

sandwolf
11-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Bama hammered LSU's run game. LSU hit the 54 yard run on the Wildcat play- but the rest of their runs were 41 carries/97 yards. That 54 yard run upped their pca to 3.6

Yikes.

As we all know- we just dont have the WR's to make them pay. The people that beat them do. You just wont beat them running ball these days

Completely agree.

Anonymous
11-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Also remember that Kirby isn't coaching this depleted Bama defense.

That may not matter, but it's encouraging that LSU was able to run the ball with their soft OL, pro style QB, and little to no passing game.

Johnson85
11-06-2017, 01:23 PM

Well, in 2014, we should have won. We lost because we shrunk from the moment.
This year, we should lose. But are capable of doing what LSU did last week, and if you can beat somebody in the trenches, you can win. The question is whether Bama is actually somewhat vulnerable or whether Bama just played their UMass quality game against LSU. Very likely the latter, but they haven't played a very good team this year other than LSU, so maybe they are actually a little vulnerable.

We definitely do not match up well (just like Auburn and UGA), but it's incredibly grating for a state "fan" to be so gleeful about making a pretty easy prediction.

basedog
11-06-2017, 01:35 PM
We match up better than what you think C34, our offense line is getting better every week and we have a very good defensive front.

I think we will be able to move the ball better than what you are predicting.

Also, why do you keep harping about Lsu and what they were missing? It doesn't matter as it's in the books and we beat the shit out of them, that is a fact and nothing else matters, it's football and injuries happen and as a Msu fan, I could care less about the Corndogs.

Tbonewannabe
11-06-2017, 01:47 PM

If we can actually have success with our option plays then our offense could do something. Hopefully Fitz can complete enough passes to keep them honest and give us a shot. Anything is possible on any given day.

bluelightstar
11-06-2017, 01:49 PM
If we can actually have success with our option plays then our offense could do something. Hopefully Fitz can complete enough passes to keep them honest and give us a shot. Anything is possible on any given day.

I am afraid when I see stats like "Fitz has thrown an SEC-high 10 INTs, going against Alabama's secondary, which has picked off an SEC-high 12 passes." Dan's earning his money this week, that's for sure.

ETA: I think Dan should come out and try a deep shot on Alabama like teams have done to us. May not work, but at least it might give them something to think about it. (In fact, Dan's first playcall against Alabama way back in '09 was a play action deep shot that drew a PI flag.)

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2017, 01:50 PM
As a player I hated fans like this that thought we had no chance. I always wished they would stay at home instead of coming to the game.

I hear you.

We'll all be excited and thinking we have a chance Saturday night. We have a very good football team. It's just that this matchup is difficult for us.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2017, 01:51 PM
I am afraid when I see stats like "Fitz has thrown an SEC-high 10 INTs, going against Alabama's secondary, which has picked off an SEC-high 12 passes." Dan's earning his money this week, that's for sure.

I'm not scared of anything in this game and that's the way ALL should approach this.

Let's just play free and relaxed and see what happens. There is absolutely nothing to be scared of in this game. If Fitz throws 6 ints it doesn't matter. We'll still win 9'games.

drunkernhelldawg
11-06-2017, 01:56 PM

That's right. Negativity is contagious!

Tbonewannabe
11-06-2017, 02:01 PM
I'm not scared of anything in this game and that's the way ALL should approach this.

Let's just play free and relaxed and see what happens. There is absolutely nothing to be scared of in this game. If Fitz throws 6 ints it doesn't matter. We'll still win 9'games.

We need to play like we have nothing to lose. We always play so tight against Bama, like we are trying to be perfect. Hell, I say give Todd another chance at that damn pass. Let Peters run some jet sweeps or just a go route. Line up Gibson at wildcat and let him see what happens. Run a diamond formation or go into an I with Lee at FB. Bama has some starters out in key positions on defense so misdirection and confusion might have a better chance than normal of working.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2017, 02:04 PM
We need to play like we have nothing to lose. We always play so tight against Bama, like we are trying to be perfect. Hell, I say give Todd another chance at that damn pass. Let Peters run some jet sweeps or just a go route. Line up Gibson at wildcat and let him see what happens. Run a diamond formation or go into an I with Lee at FB. Bama has some starters out in key positions on defense so misdirection and confusion might have a better chance than normal of working.

Absolutley, you get it.

To beat Bama, you just have to go for it. There is nothing to be scared of. They beat everyone so why would you be scared of losing?

Spiderman
11-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Y?all need to get real. The only way we beat Bama is to be able to run the ball on them. Face facts. I don?t see it happening.

The only way to beat Bama is explosive plays. You are not gonna drive the field in 8-10 plays all game against them and have any chance.

We have one explosive playmaker. Fitz. And they will key on him.

The only other way to beat them is for them to turn it over a lot in their own territory, ala OM in '15.

bulldawg28
11-06-2017, 02:11 PM
I hear you.

We'll all be excited and thinking we have a chance Saturday night. We have a very good football team. It's just that this matchup is difficult for us.

The players believe they can win and play to. You can't convince me that Bo Wallace can take a team to Tuscaloosa and beat Bama with these same odds is better than MSU at home? Everyone was certain they'd lose except those players. Johnny Manziel had the same odds and pulled it off. Steven Garcia at South Carolina pulled it off. Bama is not unbeatable, fawk them. I'll take my chances with Fitz all day. He's coldblooded and a warrior. If he gets any help which I suspect he will Bama is in trouble.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2017, 02:29 PM
The players believe they can win and play to. You can't convince me that Bo Wallace can take a team to Tuscaloosa and beat Bama with these same odds is better than MSU at home? Everyone was certain they'd lose except those players. Johnny Manziel had the same odds and pulled it off. Steven Garcia at South Carolina pulled it off. Bama is not unbeatable, fawk them. I'll take my chances with Fitz all day. He's coldblooded and a warrior. If he gets any help which I suspect he will Bama is in trouble.

Well they need to show us then because, if they've have thought they can beat Bama over the past 8 years, then they haven't played like it. The consistent patheticness of our effort in this game in is horrifying.

This program has been blown out by Bama for most of the past 8 years. If that's the performance we get when they "believe" then perhaps it's time for a new strategy.

This fan base is spooked by this game right now and wants even the slightest bit of hope to jump all in.

That's all. If this team can come out in the first quarter and punch them in the mouth, then we'll all be on board but that hasn't happened in 8 17ing years.

Psychology has not worked vs Alabama so now we are practicing reverse psychology in hopes that it produces a different result. Trust me, our attitudes are anything but a lack of support.

Saltydog
11-06-2017, 02:35 PM
he hasn't. He still makes bad decisions and poor throws from time to time. Some of it is on the WR Corps but not all of it. Bama will bury our ass.

LC Dawg
11-06-2017, 02:35 PM
I don't need stats. I can look at Saban's record at Bama and also at Mullen's record against Bama and make a pretty good guess that we won't win Saturday. However, I plan to be in Starkville Saturday and eat a lot of good food and drink a lot of good beer. I also plan to be as loud as I can and to ring my cowbell until my arm falls off. If we win it will feel great to know that I haven't spent all week discussing how badly we are going to get beat and if we lose I will take solace in the fact that I spent the weekend with some fine Bulldogs and probably go into hiding for a couple of weeks until they quit looking for the State fan that cracked open the skull of an obnoxious Bama fan sitting in Section 19.

Dawgface
11-06-2017, 02:45 PM
31-3 BAMA. Little to no chance we make this respectable.

That's the way I see it too. Would love nothing better than to see the impossible happen.

Cooterpoot
11-06-2017, 02:58 PM

No they weren't. Not anybody that mattered. Key played. He's better now than he was then but they weren't missing guys. They're young on both sides of the ball. We took out Guice early and they lost 2 defensive starters for penalties, we simply beat their asses. LSU still sucks.

Liverpooldawg
11-06-2017, 03:04 PM
The only way to beat Bama is explosive plays. You are not gonna drive the field in 8-10 plays all game against them and have any chance.

We have one explosive playmaker. Fitz. And they will key on him.

The only other way to beat them is for them to turn it over a lot in their own territory, ala OM in '15.

You are right, but as you pointed out we don?t really do that. That was my whole point, to have any shot we have to be able to run the ball on them. As I said I don?t see it happening.

Liverpooldawg
11-06-2017, 03:05 PM
You are right, but as you pointed out we don?t really do that. That was my whole point, to have any shot we have to be able to run the ball on them. As I said I don?t see it happening.

Oh and for 61...I did update my iOS. It made no difference.

Maroonthirteen
11-06-2017, 03:07 PM
There isn't a whole lot of..... "Don't Stop Believing" in this thread.

We have played Alabama over 100 times. I'm sure the last 50 or so we have been the underdogs. Stats, talent, across the board. But I ain't conceded anything. I'm saying the hill is high and steep but I'm giving our guys a chance.

But I will say we shitcan that DSB deal after this game, because the fans in this thread.... Unless of course we do win.

Coach34
11-06-2017, 04:16 PM
You can't convince me that Bo Wallace can take a team to Tuscaloosa and beat Bama with these same odds is better than MSU at home? Everyone was certain they'd lose except those players. Johnny Manziel had the same odds and pulled it off. Steven Garcia at South Carolina pulled it off. Bama is not unbeatable, fawk them. I'll take my chances with Fitz all day. He's coldblooded and a warrior. If he gets any help which I suspect he will Bama is in trouble.

All 3 had something we dont- NFL-caliber WR's. That matters tremendously when you play a team that plays a ton of M2M. Clemson had the 7th overall pick at WR last year. It ****ing matters

Watson- 429 yards passing- 3 TD's no picks
Watson loss- 405 yards passing 4 TD's 1 pick
Crazy Eyes- 421 yards- 3 TD's 0 picks (scored 43 in last year's loss)
Crazy Eyes 2015- 341 yards 3 TD's 0 picks
Bo Dirt- 251 yards 3 TD's passing 0 picks
Manziel- 253 yards 2 TD's...over 90 yards rushing
Manziel 49-42 loss- 464 yards passing 5 TD's and 2 picks...98 yards rushing

There is a common theme to beating/scoring alot on Bammer (hint hint- it aint running the ball)

tcdog70
11-06-2017, 05:13 PM
yes, we might not score much, but with our defense and our front 7 Bama won't score much either. Just don't let Hurt take off on third down. I don't think Bammer is as good as they have been. Georgia will beat them and I think we might also. I get the 6-3 vibe. Simmons or Sweat hits Hurt knocks the loose for a scoop and score. Have some faith.

Pipedream
11-06-2017, 05:23 PM
All 3 had something we dont- NFL-caliber WR's. That matters tremendously when you play a team that plays a ton of M2M. Clemson had the 7th overall pick at WR last year. It ****ing matters

There is a common theme to beating/scoring alot on Bammer (hint hint- it aint running the ball)

You've either got to win the TO battle or throw the hell out of it and sometimes both depending on how good their team is. I don't think this Bama team is as good as they've had in the last few years-analytics think it's Sabans weakest team since 2008, but not by much. In Bama losses the last few years the TO margin has been: Bama +2 v Clemson (Watson was unreal); Bama -5 v OM in '15,
Bama -1 v OM in '14; Bama -1 v OSU in '14; Bama -4 v Oklahoma in '13.

BoomBoom
11-06-2017, 05:53 PM

The key is their LBs. take advantage of the inexperienced LBs pushed into duty due to injuries. We have the personnel to do it. Our run game isnt about pushing DTs around, its about catching the LB out of position. Burn them in the run game with the options, and burn them with the TEs with play action and RPOs. If we havent tested them every which way by halftime, we failed to gameplan properly. If the D plays as well as LSUs, we have a 50/50 chance with that gameplan. But I fully expect Mullen to run the same scheme he runs every game, which means about 2 passes to the TEs and 10 drops from the WRs on typical passing plays, most on 1st down putting us in a hole.

RougeDawg
11-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Agree if only Saban teams had let downs like Meyer teams do.

Saban's track record shows Alabama is Alabama every weekend. Ohio State is just Ohio State most weekends.

Um, did you watch the last few years Saban played Bucky? Two fluke losses to the landsharts.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2017, 06:11 PM
What % chance is there that Bama hits a play action bomb in their first possession?

bulldawg28
11-06-2017, 06:26 PM

So 2 players beat Bama. (Bo/Treadwell) (Manziel/Evans) Garcia/Jeffries)....Bama isn't that good if it's that simple. Try again.

Todd4State
11-06-2017, 06:31 PM

We lost Saturday 3-5 years ago when we recruited all smurfs at WR. That's why Dan's biggest weakness that holds him back has been his recruiting. And that's one major reason why he doesn't have as many top 25 wins as Jackie. I hope that the bigger WR's we are getting and improvements in recruiting translate to more big wins over the next couple of years.

Todd4State
11-06-2017, 06:32 PM
What % chance is there that Bama hits a play action bomb in their first possession?

Probably about 90%.

Dawgface
11-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Probably about 90%.

They would be crazy to not try it.

Pollodawg
11-06-2017, 07:09 PM
We’re gonna get boat raced.

TUSK
11-06-2017, 07:20 PM
Did you watch LSU run the ball against them?

No one watched it... because it didn't happen.

GreenheadDawg
11-06-2017, 07:29 PM
You can’t beat Bama by running the ball and we are a poor passing offense with below average receivers. If we keep it within 2 touchdowns I’ll be satisfied. I just hope Fitz doesn’t get hurt running the ball.

Pollodawg
11-06-2017, 07:33 PM
We should win the next two, though, which would make 9 regular season wins. That ain’t bad.

GreenheadDawg
11-06-2017, 07:53 PM
We should win the next two, though, which would make 9 regular season wins. That ain’t bad.

I think it’s a hell of a season for this team. Should repeat next year or maybe be a game better

Saltydog
11-06-2017, 08:46 PM
NT

Coach34
11-06-2017, 08:58 PM
So 2 players beat Bama. (Bo/Treadwell) (Manziel/Evans) Garcia/Jeffries)....

Yes- the numbers dont lie

Coach34
11-06-2017, 08:59 PM

agree 100%...great season with this team if we finish 9-3

Percho
11-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Anybody know a bammer, I can give my ticket to? After reading this thread ain't no way I want to go to this game.

TUSK
11-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Anybody know a bammer, I can give my ticket to? After reading this thread ain't no way I want to go to this game.

If it’s a skybox with comped minibar, AC, flatscreen & hostesses, I’d consider taking it...

BB30
11-06-2017, 09:14 PM
yea, don’t have the hosses at wr. Unless our TEs can have a big game catching the football it will be tough to win. D will have to play lights out and we will have to win the turnover battle. Just have a hard time seeing it this year. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen I’m sure my many people thought we’d win the 6-3 game. Regardless will be a fun Saturday in Starkville. Looking forward to a good turnout and good game.

basedog
11-06-2017, 09:15 PM

+1. LMAO

I feel your pain. Funny how folks about not bringing up our past and yet it?s all about what we can?t do.

I believe in this team and I will be yelling and ringing my cowbell.

We shall see. Forget the damn past and stats.

Lance Harbor
11-06-2017, 09:46 PM

Ridley will run right past MSU DBs.

Bucky Dog
11-06-2017, 10:26 PM
So Coach34 and any others, the sun will rise in the East and set in the West on Saturday. What are the chances it rise in the West and sets in the East? 0%!!! What are the chances that MSU beats Bama Saturday? Less then 25%, but there is a chance! I choose as a MSU fan, that we will take the underdog role with passion and know that with the right play calling, smart play, and the belief that we can win, and cheer them on to victory. If you say the sun will always ride in the east and set in the west, then keep your ass at home!

sandwolf
11-07-2017, 01:30 AM
Um, did you watch the last few years Saban played Bucky? Two fluke losses to the landsharts.

The 2015 win in Tuscaloosa was a fluke, but they just nutted up and beat them in 2014. Bucky may be a cheating hypocrite, but he did a hell of a job of getting his team ready to play Bama every year.

TUSK
11-07-2017, 01:52 AM
The 2015 win in Tuscaloosa was a fluke, but they just nutted up and won in a less fluke-ish manner in 2014. Bucky may be a cheating hypocrite, but he did a hell of a job of getting his team ready to play Bama every year except '12, 13, 16 and 17.

FIFY

(most coaches do the same)

bulldawg28
11-07-2017, 06:37 AM
Yes- the numbers dont lie

Your proving my point easily. If two people cram beat them they're done for come Ssturday. FYI....Bo beat them without a great WR that day. He spread the ball around. Treadwell was not the focal point.

bulldawg28
11-07-2017, 06:38 AM
agree 100%...great season with this team if we finish 9-3

You said 5-6. Your constantly wrong regarding talent evals and teams

BB30
11-07-2017, 09:42 AM

In his defense, and I have disagreed with coach quite a bit, our WRs have been weakness and our secondary. Which coach has said would be an issue this year. He did undervalue the team this year quite a bit although, I don't think many on here if being honest thought we would have a legit chance to finish 9-3 this year. I don't think anyone thought our OL would play as well as they have and IMO that plus the physicality our defense has played with has been the difference.

Barking 13
11-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Buck Fama. Lets just go play lights out and see what happens

Token Bammer
11-07-2017, 10:50 AM
You can’t beat Bama by running the ball and we are a poor passing offense with below average receivers.

This is the same reason UGA will not beat BAMA. UGA has a few good receivers, but they are a play action pass offense that protects their freshman QB by dictating when they want to throw it with their running game. That won't work against BAMA because they aren't going to run it down our throat like they have most on their schedule. Fromm will be forced to beat us from the pocket and without nearly as much play action threat. UGA is 14th in the conference in passing yardage. Yes, they have been efficient, but that's because of the running game. What happens when that doesn't work anymore?

Thought I'd put this out there since I saw another "UGA will beat BAMA" matter-of-fact post in this thread. Teams built like UGA don't beat BAMA. I mean, anything is possible, but highly unlikely.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2017, 10:55 AM
. That won't work against BAMA because they aren't going to run it down OUR throat like they have most on their schedule.

Do you play for Bama?*

I get what your saying but I could make the same argument that Bama's offense matches up the same against UGA.

I see it being a game that is low scoring and possibly determined by special teams.

I think both teams are very similar.

Coach34
11-07-2017, 10:56 AM

I said 7-5 and you know it

Johnson85
11-07-2017, 11:04 AM
In his defense, and I have disagreed with coach quite a bit, our WRs have been weakness and our secondary. Which coach has said would be an issue this year. He did undervalue the team this year quite a bit although, I don't think many on here if being honest thought we would have a legit chance to finish 9-3 this year. I don't think anyone thought our OL would play as well as they have and IMO that plus the physicality our defense has played with has been the difference.

On the OL, we had three proven OL (even if one was moving to Center for the first time). Then you had D. Williams where the question was really whether he was healthy. Then you had the massive question of whether Reese would be ready as a RS Freshman.

I was certainly pessimistic, but it didn't seem crazy that we would be solid on the OL as long as we stayed healthy. I did think it was likely we wouldn't gel until midway through the season or later, so that has been a pleasant surprise.

What is shocking though is that we were able to lose Rankin and still be solid on the OL. I would have thought losing Rankin or Jenkins would be a death knell. As screwed up as our OL recruiting has been with respect to numbers, the development of Jenkins, Calhoun, Reese, and Eiland has been pretty damn impressive. And having Reese and Eiland for another three years make the inadequate numbers in the last couple of classes much more manageable.

bulldawg28
11-07-2017, 11:34 AM
I said 7-5 and you know it

You randomly did not. Even still your WRONG

bulldawg28
11-07-2017, 11:36 AM

I said 8 wins was the floor with this team and we'd beat LSU & Bama both. I'm beating my chest torwards mr taco bell.

Coach34
11-07-2017, 11:47 AM
You randomly did not. Even still your WRONG

Loving this season- for the 1st time Mullen has exceeded my preseason prediction. As much as you were wrong last year- congrats on getting something right finally

Coach34
11-07-2017, 11:55 AM
In always makes my heart smile to see people get so excited when they get me on something. That's what makes message boarding worth it

Token Bammer
11-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Do you play for Bama?*

I get what your saying but I could make the same argument that Bama's offense matches up the same against UGA.

I see it being a game that is low scoring and possibly determined by special teams.

I think both teams are very similar.

When you give money to the university it is "our". They couldn't do what they do without the many people like me. And don't tell me you never refer to State as "our" or "we".

I don't think we will put up huge numbers on UGA. I just don't think they will put up much at all. I think we are 10 points better than UGA, and in that 10 points I believe we can afford to play conservatively because I I suspect Fromm will throw us a ball or two.

LC Dawg
11-07-2017, 12:08 PM
Can we have a separate thread just for the Bama posters so they can talk about how great they are on the Mississippi State board?

Maroonthirteen
11-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Can we have a separate thread just for the Bama posters so they can talk about how great they are on the Mississippi State board?

It's so funny seeing the Gumps trigger over every MSU story on twitter. They can't help themselves.

Token Bammer
11-07-2017, 12:21 PM

I don't see how discussing what historically has defeated BAMA/Saban, and the upcoming UGA game is talking about how great BAMA is. We are talking matchups.

I agree with most the State fans in this thread that offensively they don't match up very well against BAMA. If you had a few more players at WR it may be a war, especially us missing a few ILB which may create a hole or two that may not have been there normally.

See, it's just discussion.

LC Dawg
11-07-2017, 12:25 PM
I don't see how discussing what historically has defeated BAMA/Saban, and the upcoming UGA game is talking about how great BAMA is. We are talking matchups.

I agree with most the State fans in this thread that offensively they don't match up very well against BAMA. If you had a few more players at WR it may be a war, especially us missing a few ILB which may create a hole or two that may not have been there normally.

I don't need Bama fans agreeing that Mississippi State is not as good as Bama on a Mississippi State board.
It's not my board and its just my opinion but I don't give a **** what any Bama fan thinks on the week we are playing them.

Coach007
11-07-2017, 12:27 PM

Personally, I like having people from other teams join in the pregame chatery.

I like our chances against the Tide this year, and NO... You won't beat UGA IF you get to play them.

Token Bammer
11-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Personally, I like having people from other teams join in the pregame chatery.

I like our chances against the Tide this year, and NO... You won't beat UGA IF you get to play them.

Thanks coach.

We will see about UGA. I both think and hope you are wrong.

basedog
11-07-2017, 02:10 PM
My Lsu buddy went last week to Bama/Lsu game.
He sat with a Bama players father in the “Relative Section”. Said it was disgusting seeing all the folks coming into that section giving them food, drinks and yes $$$$$

The father told him its great to be a Bama football player relative.

Token Bammer
11-07-2017, 02:21 PM
My Lsu buddy went last week to Bama/Lsu game.
He sat with a Bama players father in the “Relative Section”. Said it was disgusting seeing all the folks coming into that section giving them food, drinks and yes $$$$$

The father told him its great to be a Bama football player relative.

Happens everywhere. What's truly "disgusting" is bags full of cash for commitments, payment plans, and hookers. Let's get real, once players get on campus handouts will be given. I am not saying it's right, and I'm not saying I would personally do it, but I know it happens and I know it happens everywhere.

bulldawg28
11-07-2017, 03:27 PM
In always makes my heart smile to see people get so excited when they get me on something. That's what makes message boarding worth it

Work on your self awareness if you rarely notice this

bulldawg28
11-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Loving this season- for the 1st time Mullen has exceeded my preseason prediction. As much as you were wrong last year- congrats on getting something right finally

Your my boy blue!

TrapGame
11-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Happens everywhere. What's truly "disgusting" is bags full of cash for commitments, payment plans, and hookers. Let's get real, once players get on campus handouts will be given. I am not saying it's right, and I'm not saying I would personally do it, but I know it happens and I know it happens everywhere.

Alabama has a stellar coach and a long tradition. That gets recruits interested and a little cheese on top doesn't hurt. But, when you base your entire recruiting philosophy on cheese, you know what you get? Rats.

sandwolf
11-08-2017, 11:38 AM
FIFY

(most coaches do the same)

The 2015 win in Tuscaloosa was a fluke, but they just nutted up and won in a less fluke-ish manner in 2014. Bucky may be a cheating hypocrite, but he did a hell of a job of getting his team ready to play Bama every year except '12, 13, 16 and 17.

No, they didn't win in a fluke-ish manner at all in 2014. 2015 was as fluke-ish as it gets -- Bama with 5 TO's, a ball bouncing off of a helmet and resulting in a long TD reception for OM, the refs not calling OM for linemen being down field on passing plays (huge fluke for the refs to miss calls that would help Bama**), etc. -- but they just beat yall in 2014....even with the refs gifting yall a TD going into half time.

2012 was his first year so I give him somewhat of a pass there.

2013 was a better game than the final score shows. Freeze took some risks (going for it on 4th down in the red zone) that didn't work out, but it was only 9-0 at the half...they played yall pretty tough considering the talent differential, but in the end yall were just so much better than them that it didn't matter.

In 2016 they put up 43 points and lost by 5.

He wasn't the coach in 2017.

After a 1 year grace period, he went 2-2 against yall and put up 43 points twice (how many times has Saban given up 40+ points in his career?). So no, most coaches do not do as good of a job of getting their team ready to play Saban's Bama.

Again, the guy may be a crook and a fraud, but I will still give him credit where it is due.

RougeDawg
11-08-2017, 12:55 PM
If you double Ridley, you will have a chance at 4-6 INT?s. Hurts just heaves the ball in his directio, yet teams refuse to double him. I do not have the stats, but watching Bama it seems that at least 50% of The passes go in Ridley?s direction.

Similar to beating Bucky?s offenses with playing DB?s on LOS, jamming them, and jumping the bubble screens. Bamas passing game is fairly predictable too.

Bulldogg31
11-08-2017, 01:22 PM
What's the point of this thread?

It just self-flagellation.

OK, Bama's good and we haven't done well against them. What's your point? Did someone go all-in anti-Mullen and this is the time each year to say I-told-you-so?

That's sure what it seems like.

Jarius
11-08-2017, 01:26 PM
From what I've seen so far this year Alabama is not the team UGA is and it's really not close.

BrunswickDawg
11-08-2017, 02:49 PM

Getting back to the original point - our offensive attack against Alabama....
Bama has been playing pass heavy teams
I'm still not sure Bama has been tested by a real rushing offense

FSU - Total O 114 - Pass O 93, Rush O 91
Fresno- 71, 62, 66
CSU - 16, 26, 37
Vandy -118, 74,
OM- 24, 7, 109
A&M- 82, 88, 44
Ark- 76, 84, 47
TN- 126,111, 103
LSU- 62, 89, 32
MSU - 43, 110, 11

We are by far the best rushing attack they have faced all year. Yes, we are 1 dimensional in the same way Bama is (87th in Passing O). This really could end up being a 14-13 type old school slobberknocker - if our defense contains them.

dawgday166
11-08-2017, 02:53 PM
From what I've seen so far this year Alabama is not the team UGA is and it's really not close.

Unless Ga just chokes, they much more talented and with many more SRs than the rest of SEC. Folks ain't giving Fromm much credit either ... he much better than Etling. And Ga has a pretty damn good backup QB too.

I think AU may beat Bammer.

However, lots of teams lose to Bama before they walk on the field cause they're like "oh shit, we're playing Bama".

TUSK
11-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Unless Ga just chokes, they much more talented and with many more SRs than the rest of SEC. Folks ain't giving Fromm much credit either ... he much better than Etling. And Ga has a pretty damn good backup QB too.

I think AU may beat Bammer.

However, lots of teams lose to Bama before they walk on the field cause they're like "oh shit, we're playing Bama".

I'd rank SEC talent: UA, UGA, then LSU/AU, but, save Bammer, they are comparable... Both Fromm & Eason are way better than Etling, IMO

Todd4State
11-08-2017, 04:19 PM
I'd rank SEC talent: UA, UGA, then LSU/AU, but, save Bammer, they are comparable... Both Fromm & Eason are way better than Etling, IMO

MSU has to be ahead of LSU. We beat them and they lost to Troy. They have an easier SEC schedule than us as well.

basedog
11-08-2017, 04:25 PM
The agenda is Back!

HailState!

Fitz > Hurts

TUSK
11-08-2017, 04:47 PM
MSU has to be ahead of LSU. We beat them and they lost to Troy. They have an easier SEC schedule than us as well.

It's "The Hat-YawYaw Effect"... lol

dawgday166
11-08-2017, 05:08 PM

Tsk, tsk, Tusk. You pretty square most of time ... but sometimes you shore put on tooo dark a shade of crimson glasses.

a) With the starters, especially on D, UGa has you this year and did before you lost some of yores. I don't know if you noticed it the other night, but Etling had a lot of time quite often. And LSU ran on you a little too.
b) Y'all Oline ain't much better than ours. Y'all couldn't run hardly much on LSU. Y'all's Oline sucks for a Bammer Oline.
c) UGa Oline is much better than yours, and both RBs are NFL players and each is better than your 1 pretty good one that is probably also an NFL player. Both of theirs are probably higher draft picks tho.
d) And this might be debated ... Hurts has regressed this year. He can run, but Fromm is the better QB IMO. And if he don't freeze up, he'll make the throws that Etling missed.

I had a Bama gal tell me the other night when I said UGa was better than Bammer "Yea, I'm worried. Those defensive guys on Ga are so big. What do they feed them over there?" I laughed and said "Yea, they look like Bammer normally does". Just for the record ... those big guys are fast too.

Y'all outgained TAM 338 - 281. You were even with LSU in Bryant-Denny 278 - 278 with only 151 rushing yds.

Now Kirby may freeze up cause he's playing his old boss, or his players may freeze up cause "oh shit we're playing Bama". But if Ga just shows up and plays their game, they gonna kick the shit outta y'all.

ETA: If AU beats Ga this weekend, y'all may not be playing Ga in SEC title game.

TUSK
11-08-2017, 05:23 PM
166: Tsk, tsk, Tusk. You pretty square most of time ... but sometimes you shore put on tooo dark a shade of crimson glasses.
TUSK: agreed.

166: a) With the starters, especially on D, UGa has you this year and did before you lost some of yores.
TUSK: no.

b) Y'all Oline ain't much better than ours. Y'all couldn't run hardly much on LSU. Y'all's Oline sucks for a Bammer Oline.
TUSK: despite our rushing average, I'll defer on this one due to our lack of SOS.

166: c) UGa Oline is much better than yours.
TUSK: I'll defer until I see them play AU.

166: , and both RBs are NFL players and each is better than your 1 pretty good one that is probably also an NFL player. Both of theirs are probably higher draft picks tho.
TUSK: UGA has more top end talent (Chubb/Michel), Bammer is deeper and more diversified, IMO.

166: d) And this might be debated ... Hurts has regressed this year.
TUSK: He's actually throwing the deep ball better (we've had lots of drop, like you guys).

166: He can run, but Fromm is the better QB IMO. And if he don't freeze up, he'll make the throws that Etling missed.
TUSK: Fromm is gonna get smoked a few times... we'll see if he has poise... we know Hurts does.

166: I had a Bama gal tell me the other night when I said UGa was better than Bammer "Yea, I'm worried. Those defensive guys on Ga are so big. What do they feed them over there?" I laughed and said "Yea, they look like Bammer normally does". Just for the record ... those big guys are fast too.
TUSK: no comment.

166: Y'all outgained TAM 338 - 281. You were even with LSU in Bryant-Denny 278 - 278 with only 151 rushing yds. Now Kirby may freeze up cause he's playing his old boss, or his players may freeze up cause "oh shit we're playing Bama". But if Ga just shows up and plays their game, they gonna kick the shit outta y'all.
TUSK: how many points are you offerin' in said "shit kickin'".... 8?

dawgday166
11-08-2017, 05:33 PM
166: Tsk, tsk, Tusk. You pretty square most of time ... but sometimes you shore put on tooo dark a shade of crimson glasses.
TUSK: agreed.

166: a) With the starters, especially on D, UGa has you this year and did before you lost some of yores.
TUSK: no.

TUSK: despite our rushing average, I'll defer on this one due to our lack of SOS.

166: c) UGa Oline is much better than yours.
TUSK: I'll defer until I see them play AU.

166: , and both RBs are NFL players and each is better than your 1 pretty good one that is probably also an NFL player. Both of theirs are probably higher draft picks tho.
TUSK: UGA has more top end talent (Chubb/Michel), Bammer is deeper and more diversified, IMO.

166: d) And this might be debated ... Hurts has regressed this year.
TUSK: He's actually throwing the deep ball better (we've had lots of drop, like you guys).

166: He can run, but Fromm is the better QB IMO. And if he don't freeze up, he'll make the throws that Etling missed.
TUSK: Fromm is gonna get smoked a few times... we'll see if he has poise... we know Hurts does.

166: I had a Bama gal tell me the other night when I said UGa was better than Bammer "Yea, I'm worried. Those defensive guys on Ga are so big. What do they feed them over there?" I laughed and said "Yea, they look like Bammer normally does". Just for the record ... those big guys are fast too.
TUSK: no comment.

166: Y'all outgained TAM 338 - 281. You were even with LSU in Bryant-Denny 278 - 278 with only 151 rushing yds. Now Kirby may freeze up cause he's playing his old boss, or his players may freeze up cause "oh shit we're playing Bama". But if Ga just shows up and plays their game, they gonna kick the shit outta y'all.
TUSK: how many points are you offerin' in said "shit kickin'".... 8?

LMAO ... good responses. You were pretty straight there.

On D: It might've been a push on D starters before y'all's injuries ... I'll give you that one.

On RBs .. Chubb and Michel are diversified. Y'all may be deeper.

Fromm: That is a concern of mine vs Hurts. Hurts does have poise. This would be a big game for Fromm.

Points?? What the hell you talking about? If y'all win out y'all be -3 going in or maybe even. Pawwwlll says y'all the bestus.

Bama gal --- she pretty smart lady :cool:

TUSK
11-08-2017, 05:54 PM
LMAO ... good responses. You were pretty straight there.

On D: It might've been a push on D starters before y'all's injuries ... I'll give you that one.

On RBs .. Chubb and Michel are diversified. Y'all may be deeper.

Fromm: That is a concern of mine vs Hurts. Hurts does have poise. This would be a big game for Fromm.

Points?? What the hell you talking about? If y'all win out y'all be -3 going in or maybe even. Pawwwlll says y'all the bestus.

Bama gal --- she pretty smart lady :cool:

SOLD!

If I win, I want one (sincere) post (minimum 4 complex sentences) per day for 3 days (of my choosing) espousing the virtuosity of MDL and Bammer football.... I'll give you topics to hep out...

If poetry is your bag, you may substitute 2 poems (or 1 haiku) for one post (only).... ....

dawgday166
11-08-2017, 06:07 PM
SOLD!

If I win, I want one (sincere) post (minimum 4 complex sentences) per day for 3 days (of my choosing) espousing the virtuosity of MDL and Bammer football.... I'll give you topics to hep out...

If poetry is your bag, you may substitute 2 poems (or 1 haiku) for one post (only).... ....

Complex Sentence? Poem? Haiku?

What the hell are those?

ETA: Let me think on that and what my side of the bet would be? Also wanna get a feel for a couple of intangible factors. I ain't liking that Ga debuted in CFB Playoff rankings at #1. That's kiss of death.