PDA

View Full Version : Not A Fan Neal Wrote An Article Today On OM's Coaching Search

Spiderman
11-05-2017, 09:12 PM
A loooong article in which he claims he got many people to speak on condition of anonymity. So no idea if it is actually people who know anything or not but Not a Fan quotes alot of them. (He swears Bjork is not one of the sources)

Gist is Top 3 realistic hires are Wilson(Archie's choice), Norvell(Fred Smith's choice), and Morris(Toughy's choice). I suspect at least one of those is one of his sources. (One does say Morris wants A&M or Arkansas)

A couple other things.......

I'm sick of the narrative, which he uses in the article, that Freeze proved that OM can compete "nationally".... Yes,moron, by cheating. Not by coaching them up. Delusion.

He also claims he was aware of many phone calls to hookers by Freeze a few days before it became public. (I don't believe this) Guess that proves he was gonna sit on it and hope for the best. If not, why did he scoff at those on twitter saying Freeze was doomed a few days before he got canned, or break the scoop of a lifetime? He is saving face there because Rosy scooped them so bad.

Leo, again according to his well placed sources was not credible at all at the COI, was exposed as a liar, and his testimony, when reveled, will be very damaging to the NCAA investigative staff. OM officials left the meeting optimistic they were gonna avoid devastating sanctions.

He then says, or insinuates, that Kelly, Frost, Campbell won't "fall" to OM because other jobs are open. OM had no shot at those 3 if they were the only job open in America right now.

"Sources" say Strong, Bobo, or , McIntyre would all love to get it. Say MC and Strong LOVE Oxford. (of course)

One says Malzahn is gone and wants Ark.

He does write, surprisingly since he is so tuned into his sources at the COI, that nobody is gonna take it until the severity of the NCAA penalties are known. Seems like they could assure candidates that all will be good. Leo is a liar and his testimony will damage the Enforcement staff, after all.

After reading all that conjecture, I would say Wilson is the guy, with them making a run at, McIntyre,Bobo, Strong, Norvell and Neal Brown. If they all shoot OM down, good luck.

Then sums if up by saying only Bjork knows who he is after and this hire will define his legacy.

I would say three programs under his watch on probation, football staff admittedly cheating while under investigation, an embarrassing lawsuit by a former coach forcing him to admit he is a liar, and joining himself to the hip defending the character of a hooker loving Pharisee will define his legacy as AD, no matter who he hires.

IMissJack
11-05-2017, 09:15 PM
I don't think Morris will take it.

msstate7
11-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Even if Leo is found uncredible (don?t believe), how does OM expect that to matter much? How many level 1s do they have besides Leo? How many have they already admitted to?

Commercecomet24
11-05-2017, 09:25 PM
Yep Leo and State in big trouble and unm will have the best coaches in America fighting each other to see who gets the job. Heck they might get Saban****

ckDOG
11-05-2017, 09:26 PM
When did Fred Smith become an important OM booster and why does he now want to hurt the Memphis program by having Norvell elsewhere?

Commercecomet24
11-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Oh did Neal happen to mention what his source said about the other 51 SA that gave evidence against unm?

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2017, 09:30 PM
I see Archie is still interested in cutting corners

Jarius
11-05-2017, 09:32 PM
Watching Neal act like he doesn’t really give a shit when the sanctions come down and there is an additional year bowl ban and 25-30 scholarships taken away is going to be hilarious. He is a worse fraud than Yancy. At least Yancy tells you exactly what he is.

Spiderman
11-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Watching Neal act like he doesn’t really give a shit when the sanctions come down and there is an additional year bowl ban and 25-30 scholarships taken away is going to be hilarious. He is a worse fraud than Yancy. At least Yancy tells you exactly what he is.

You are 100% correct, and that's why I actually dislike him more than those 2 clowns Chuck and Yancy. They are idiotic, lying puppets. But they at least admit it.

And for you Rebs reading, I've always thought Gene was a clown and nobody through the years has been a bigger critic of Rosy than me.

But anyone with a shred of intelligence has to admit Rosy has been the only credible reporter on this NCAA stuff in the State.

Also, if OM keeps Luke as HC that means the only people who wanted the job were Bobby Hall, Buddy Stephens, or the DL coach at Kemper Academy Jr High. (And no I have no idea who the DL coach at Kemper Acd. Jr High is, but I'm sure he's a decent coach and a hell of a nice guy)

Tripp McNeely
11-05-2017, 09:36 PM
Neither Norvell or Morris are taking that damn job! That is an om fans wet dream

Pollodawg
11-05-2017, 09:37 PM
He knew Freeze called hookers, but sat on it? So, he’s a bad journalist or a coward? It proves he’s a mouthpiece.

BeardoMSU
11-05-2017, 09:49 PM
He knew Freeze called hookers, but sat on it? So, he’s a bad journalist or a coward? It proves he’s a mouthpiece.

Well, he didn't want to out him and be wrong, but he had no qualms with outing Leo...ya know, because he has no allegiances, and what not.

The funny thing is, he bitches all the time about people calling him out for "not being a fan"....Honestly, I can buy that he isn't a "fan" in the sense that most college fans define the word; But what he absolutely refuses to admit is his bias towards OM and Oxford as a community, which obviously fuels his bias towards MSU and Starkville.

We get it...you don't reeeaaallly care about college football, but just admit you care about the people you call your neighbors in Oxford. Be honest, dumb ass.

Spiderman
11-05-2017, 09:50 PM

both

Spiderman
11-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Well, he didn't want to out him and be wrong, but he had no qualms with outing Leo...ya know, because he has no allegiances, and what not.

The funny thing is, he bitches all the time about people calling him out for "not being a fan"....Honestly, I can buy that he isn't a "fan" in the sense that most college fans define the word; But what he absolutely refuses to admit is his bias towards OM and Oxford as a community, which obviously fuels his bias towards MSU and Starkville.

We get it...you don't reeeaaallly care about college football, but just admit you care about the people you call your neighbors in Oxford. Be honest, dumb ass.

He spouts the party line and hates State and takes a shot whenever he can. He called Abrams hit a cheap shot and a dirty play. A chep shot, like the play was dead, or the QB had thrown the ball. It may have been targeting under the rules , but it was in no way dirty or a cheap shot. The bastard is a fan, a true fan, as far as loving OM and hating State.

RezDog7
11-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Who is Wilson?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2 Fwikipedia%2Fen%2Ff%2Ffb%2FWilson_The_Volleyball.j pg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2F Cast_Away&docid=wSNDBpEuWnRIfM&tbnid=XkftkPJKwwaDmM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwix6ePs-KjXAhXEQiYKHevACGwQMwhQKAMwAw..i&w=179&h=163&hl=en-us&client=safari&bih=628&biw=414&q=wilson%20castaway&ved=0ahUKEwix6ePs-KjXAhXEQiYKHevACGwQMwhQKAMwAw&iact=mrc&uact=8

Spiderman
11-05-2017, 09:56 PM
Who is Wilson?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2 Fwikipedia%2Fen%2Ff%2Ffb%2FWilson_The_Volleyball.j pg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2F Cast_Away&docid=wSNDBpEuWnRIfM&tbnid=XkftkPJKwwaDmM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwix6ePs-KjXAhXEQiYKHevACGwQMwhQKAMwAw..i&w=179&h=163&hl=en-us&client=safari&bih=628&biw=414&q=wilson%20castaway&ved=0ahUKEwix6ePs-KjXAhXEQiYKHevACGwQMwhQKAMwAw&iact=mrc&uact=8

Frank Wilson, UTSA

Mutt the Hoople
11-05-2017, 09:57 PM
I don't think Morris will take it.
Aggies are salivating over Chad Morris. He's a "former student" and they think he'll lead them to the promised land.

Cooterpoot
11-05-2017, 09:59 PM
I’m not saying Neal would suck one, but he’d hold one in his mouth til it went limp.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Who is Wilson?

Thank you. Was about to ask the same question.

Op4isabitch
11-05-2017, 10:38 PM
Just curious why he thinks Fred Smith would give a shit who coaches at OleMiss.

Coach34
11-05-2017, 10:40 PM
Saw this is on Twitter and it needs to be brought to Neal's attention:

The NCAA has proof that Barney set up recruits with Boosters
The NCAA has a text of a Booster to Barney saying he basically wasted 10K on SA39

Thats LOIC when put with all their other Level 1's. Don't really need anything else

Jarius
11-05-2017, 10:41 PM
Those damn idiots acting like there is some sort of realistic shot that they will not get an additional bow ban year is something else. They keep putting these coaching search names out there with the qualifier that “it depends on the sanctions” so they don’t look like total idiots when they get hammered and no one wants the job.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2017, 10:47 PM
Why do they believe all the sanctions hinge on Leo? There?s way more to this than Leo. Of course this the same bunch that said all of this was track, women?s b-ball and Houston Nutt.

Jarius
11-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Why do they believe all the sanctions hinge on Leo? There?s way more to this than Leo. Of course this the same bunch that said all of this was track, women?s b-ball and Houston Nutt.

They admitted to almost everything in the NOA that Leo said. They fired multiple coaches over what’s in the NOA about Leo. They are complete morons to believe that they have any chance of that stuff to not stick. They aren’t even challenging most of it.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-05-2017, 10:53 PM
All of the NCAA didn't believe Leo talk is just a set up for them to pacify their fanbase with the "NCAA witch hunt" & "OM is the big name the NCAA needed to show its teeth" excuses. Their fans will eat it up because all they've heard from their media is Leo was made to look like a fool. Once it's proven false they will go all let's sue the NCAA for an unfair ruling. This is just their next round of excuses.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2017, 10:54 PM
They admitted to almost everything in the NOA that Leo said. They fired multiple coaches over what’s in the NOA about Leo. They are complete morons to believe that they have any chance of that stuff to not stick. They aren’t even challenging most of it.

Exactly! Not hard to put 2 and 2 together on this, well unless you are unm fan that is.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2017, 10:57 PM
All of the NCAA didn't believe Leo talk is just a set up for them to pacify their fanbase with the "NCAA witch hunt" & "OM is the big name the NCAA needed to show its teeth" excuses. Their fans will eat it up because all they've heard from their media is Leo was made to look like a fool. Once it's proven false they will go all let's sue the NCAA for an unfair ruling. This is just their next round of excuses.

Yep. It?s been one lie after another from those idiots no reason to change now. I think you have to be a habitual liar to belong to that bunch.

cheewgumm
11-05-2017, 11:02 PM
If Archie wants Wilson, it just proves he wants to go right back to cheating.

Archie's "pure as the driven snow" persona is a farce.

Todd4State
11-05-2017, 11:05 PM

Because when the NCAA slams them in a few days/weeks they can then blame it all on Leo/MSU/Dan. It also in their minds "justify" them coming after us down the road. Good luck on that since LT isn't our AD and Dan isn't NCAA public enemy number one like Jackie was. Also, they see what happens when they make Saban and Alabama mad. I don't think they are going to poke that bear anymore going forward.

Todd4State
11-05-2017, 11:09 PM
If Archie wants Wilson, it just proves he wants to go right back to cheating.

Archie's "pure as the driven snow" persona is a farce.

On that note- Wilson is 5-3 at UT- San Antonio right now and they have a decent chance of losing out to UAB, Marshall, and La Tech to finish 5-6. At any rate, they are average at best. They did finish number one in C-USA in recruiting so he has that going for him.

oldjoedawg
11-05-2017, 11:10 PM
When did Fred Smith become an important OM booster and why does he now want to hurt the Memphis program by having Norvell elsewhere?

Folks get this wrong all the time on these boards....Fred S has never been a part of this connection....it has always been a guy named Mike Glenn with Fed Ex.....Smith's son was once on the U of Memphis squad but never amounted to anything in college football....

Bothrops
11-05-2017, 11:46 PM
Ole Miss facing sanctions to come concerning the football program. Meanwhile, Hugh Freeze proved that Ole Miss can recruit and compete with the big boys of college football!

How many times have we heard this spill?? It's ****ing schizo!

yjnkdawg
11-06-2017, 01:00 AM
Wouldn't Jay Hopson be a good candidate? Former OM football player, and assistant coach. It would be a big salary increase from what USM pays. Maybe they don't want to go with a coach who has ties to OM, or maybe Hopson wouldn't even consider it with the looming sanctions? Just a thought.

yjnkdawg
11-06-2017, 01:06 AM
A loooong article in which he claims he got many people to speak on condition of anonymity. So no idea if it is actually people who know anything or not but Not a Fan quotes alot of them. (He swears Bjork is not one of the sources)

Gist is Top 3 realistic hires are Wilson(Archie's choice), Norvell(Fred Smith's choice), and Morris(Toughy's choice). I suspect at least one of those is one of his sources. (One does say Morris wants A&M or Arkansas)

A couple other things.......

I'm sick of the narrative, which he uses in the article, that Freeze proved that OM can compete "nationally".... Yes,moron, by cheating. Not by coaching them up. Delusion.

He also claims he was aware of many phone calls to hookers by Freeze a few days before it became public. (I don't believe this) Guess that proves he was gonna sit on it and hope for the best. If not, why did he scoff at those on twitter saying Freeze was doomed a few days before he got canned, or break the scoop of a lifetime? He is saving face there because Rosy scooped them so bad.

Leo, again according to his well placed sources was not credible at all at the COI, was exposed as a liar, and his testimony, when reveled, will be very damaging to the NCAA investigative staff. OM officials left the meeting optimistic they were gonna avoid devastating sanctions.

He then says, or insinuates, that Kelly, Frost, Campbell won't "fall" to OM because other jobs are open. OM had no shot at those 3 if they were the only job open in America right now.

"Sources" say Strong, Bobo, or , McIntyre would all love to get it. Say MC and Strong LOVE Oxford. (of course)

One says Malzahn is gone and wants Ark.

He does write, surprisingly since he is so tuned into his sources at the COI, that nobody is gonna take it until the severity of the NCAA penalties are known. Seems like they could assure candidates that all will be good. Leo is a liar and his testimony will damage the Enforcement staff, after all.

After reading all that conjecture, I would say Wilson is the guy, with them making a run at, McIntyre,Bobo, Strong, Norvell and Neal Brown. If they all shoot OM down, good luck.

Then sums if up by saying only Bjork knows who he is after and this hire will define his legacy.

I would say three programs under his watch on probation, football staff admittedly cheating while under investigation, an embarrassing lawsuit by a former coach forcing him to admit he is a liar, and joining himself to the hip defending the character of a hooker loving Pharisee will define his legacy as AD, no matter who he hires.

LOL _ He thinks Bjork will make that hire?

Todd4State
11-06-2017, 01:11 AM
Folks get this wrong all the time on these boards....Fred S has never been a part of this connection....it has always been a guy named Mike Glenn with Fed Ex.....Smith's son was once on the U of Memphis squad but never amounted to anything in college football....

His son that you are talking about committed to Ole Miss and I think he was there for a year before transferring to Memphis. You are correct about Glenn though.

Todd4State
11-06-2017, 01:12 AM
Wouldn't Jay Hopson be a good candidate? Former OM football player, and assistant coach. It would be a big salary increase from what USM pays. Maybe they don't want to go with a coach who has ties to OM, or maybe Hopson wouldn't even consider it with the looming sanctions? Just a thought.

You know it's bad when a guy is willing to coach at Alcorn and USM but not you.

He might be the guy if he wants to deal with it. And I bet he would.

Todd4State
11-06-2017, 01:14 AM
LOL _ He thinks Bjork will make that hire?

IF he is correct it tells me that the boosters are still in control there and it won't be long before they get caught again. It sounds like they may have some factions forming- The Archie guy, the Fed Ex guy, and the Tuohy guy.

Of course, odds are pretty good he's just talking out of his ass.

yjnkdawg
11-06-2017, 01:20 AM

Mike Glenn and Archie had a hand in interviewing and hiring Freeze, so I would imagine Glenn would have some say so in this hire, or maybe he wont?

yjnkdawg
11-06-2017, 01:29 AM
IF he is correct it tells me that the boosters are still in control there and it won't be long before they get caught again. It sounds like they may have some factions forming- The Archie guy, the Fed Ex guy, and the Tuohy guy.

Of course, odds are pretty good he's just talking out of his ass.

I just can't see the boosters not being somewhat in control. They probably will be less active, and more careful, but boosters not involved in the OM Football program just doesn't compute with their program history of booster involvement. Even back years ago, when one of the big OM money boosters told a recruit, if the paper (Jackson Daily News) asks you about any money, you tell them you don't know a dam....... thing about any money.

Trying to hang on to subscribers sometimes means talking out of your ass, I think.

yjnkdawg
11-06-2017, 01:57 AM
You know it's bad when a guy is willing to coach at Alcorn and USM but not you.
He might be the guy if he wants to deal with it. And I bet he would.

I think so too.

MaroonState
11-06-2017, 02:07 AM

He may be involved because his son is married to the touhys daughter.

yjnkdawg
11-06-2017, 02:10 AM

He is an OM Alum and probably a big contributor to OM, but I didn't know he was involved in the OM Football Program either.

yjnkdawg
11-06-2017, 02:16 AM
He may be involved because his son is married to the touhys daughter.

If McCready is correct, then Tuohy and Smith have different preferences for OM's HC. THe keyword here is "If".

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-06-2017, 06:55 AM
Does Wilson or Norvell have the same ?it? Hugh Freeze did?

msbulldog
11-06-2017, 07:40 AM
He is an OM Alum and probably a big contributor to OM, but I didn't know he was involved in the OM Football Program either.

Fred Smith is an alum of Memphis and Yale.

Bubb Rubb
11-06-2017, 07:59 AM
Does Wilson or Norvell have the same ?it? Hugh Freeze did?

It doesn't matter at the end of the day....any coach with a sliver of a future is not taking that job. I think there is still a chance they roll with Luke. They could probably hire Hopson or Wilson.

Norvell will have his pick of 20 jobs better than the ole miss one, as will Campbell and several others.

Op4isabitch
11-06-2017, 09:03 AM
His son that you are talking about committed to Ole Miss and I think he was there for a year before transferring to Memphis. You are correct about Glenn though.

Cannon was offered by OleMiss then got in a little trouble , he went to Miami where he played for a season as a backup QB before going back to Memphis to finish up his college and playing career.

Mike Glenn has retired from FedEx but Mike Ducker is still the CEO of freight and played for OleMiss back in his college days. I'm sure that these guys as well as Jim Barksdale still have a lot of passion for their Alma Mater. Fred couldn't give two shits who coaches at OleMiss except for the fact he may have to listen to his sons father in law bitch and throw tacos around the room on gameday.

Todd4State
11-06-2017, 09:04 AM
It doesn't matter at the end of the day....any coach with a sliver of a future is not taking that job. I think there is still a chance they roll with Luke. They could probably hire Hopson or Wilson.

Norvell will have his pick of 20 jobs better than the ole miss one, as will Campbell and several others.

I don't think they will keep Luke simply because he was on Freeze's staff that got the school in trouble in the first place.

Todd4State
11-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Cannon was offered by OleMiss then got in a little trouble , he went to Miami where he played for a season as a backup QB before going back to Memphis to finish up his college and playing career.

Mike Glenn has retired from FedEx but Mike Ducker is still the CEO of freight and played for OleMiss back in his college days. I'm sure that these guys as well as Jim Barksdale still have a lot of passion for their Alma Mater. Fred couldn't give two shits who coaches at OleMiss except for the fact he may have to listen to his sons father in law bitch and throw tacos around the room on gameday.

Ah. I remember him being on the Ole Miss commit list and then seeing him play safety for Memphis when we played them I think in 2010 and 2011.

Spiderman
11-06-2017, 09:20 AM

I didn't get it wrong. That a line taken from the article. "Sources" must have it wrong

ckDOG
11-06-2017, 09:35 AM
I didn't get it wrong. That a line taken from the article. "Sources" must have it wrong

That was the only reason for asking. Never doubted he said that, but the fact he did just makes it sound like he made up a BS story. Fred Smith isn?t helping place a coach at a crippled program he?s not invested in. Nor are any of these coaches listening to anything that OM people might be saying until sanctions are handed down. This is just another story in the web of lies told to their fan base. The motive in all this is to make it sound like OM was this upstart program that started competing nationally that the NCAA and others wanted to bring down to maintain the status quo or out of jealousy. It feeds the ego and helps them sleep at night bc the truth that they hired a sleaze ball and skirted the rules to gain an advantage just doesn?t sound so nice nor does it sell many internet subscriptions.

1bigdawg
11-06-2017, 10:00 AM

I believe it was Memphis and Harvard. He famously laid out the business plan for FedEx as his master's thesis at Harvard - and got a C.

yjnkdawg
11-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Correct on him not being an OM alum.....My bad....... Late night research is not always a good thing for accuracy, and it's better to get your sleep. I will not do that again....I had just never heard him as one involved in the OM Football Program. So I was curious and wanted to research it. I went back and re-read the article and it was another speaker, when Smith, was a keynote speaker, at an OM function who was the alum. Seems Smith's OM connections would be Glenn and Tuohy then.

BrunswickDawg
11-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Let?s look live at Neal notafan at work.....

https://media.giphy.com/media/HZAzBllQJ2B1K/giphy.gif

Pollodawg
11-06-2017, 11:19 AM
If they hire Strong, 75% of their hillbilly fans who pull for OM because of the Old South references will revolt.
I love how they preach how much better they are than State, yet there are an awful lot of shitty trucks with Colonel Reb stickers in the back glass and ?Forget Hell? decals plastered on the bumper.

Now, that isn?t to make fun of anyone of average means. Working class people are the salt of the Earth, but don?t let?s pretend we?re a Mecca of high society when you have fans that are every bit as hillbilly as anything State boasts of.