PDA

View Full Version : Back to the thread at hand

Lord McBuckethead
11-05-2017, 07:23 PM
I would rather just beat Bama. Why? Cause that is the team we play this week.

Op4isabitch
11-05-2017, 07:46 PM
I'd rather beat all 3 but if you beat Bama then that sends a good signal to recruits and the talking heads! This is how you get to elevate your program. Beating Arkansas and OleMiss does nothing in the eyes of national media.

SailingDawg
11-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Long time argument. Never want to lose to unm.

gravedigger
11-05-2017, 08:10 PM
I would rather just beat Bama. Why? Cause that is the team we play this week.

Yup.

Drugdog
11-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Threads like these........BLOW

I seen it dawg
11-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Yeah this whole pick games to lose is typical defeatist. Win them all and don’t be a *****

Quaoarsking
11-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Yeah this whole pick games to lose is typical defeatist. Win them all and don?t be a *****

Nah, better to just lose at home to a bunch of 3-win teams like 2011 Colorado or 2014 Washington State.

msstatelp1
11-06-2017, 10:31 AM
I'd rather beat all 3 but if you beat Bama then that sends a good signal to recruits and the talking heads! This is how you get to elevate your program. Beating Arkansas and OleMiss does nothing in the eyes of national media.

But losing to either one hurts us a lot more than beating Bama helps us. We dont get the benefit of the doubt.

Op4isabitch
11-06-2017, 10:37 AM
But losing to either one hurts us a lot more than beating Bama helps us. We dont get the benefit of the doubt.

I certainly see your point. Obviously I would want to win all 3 but I think the notice that is taken by national media if you beat Bama outweighs the negatives of losing to Arkansas etc.
Think about the love that was poured upon our friends to the west when they beat Bama (even though they were cheating) we would receive that same attention while doing it cleanly and we would be able to capitalize on the media attention and reap the rewards without fear of NCAA scrutiny.

Anyway it's just a hypothetical subject and I was curious of the mindset of our fans. Nothing more nothing less.