PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson

MoreCowbell
11-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Seems he has been stepping up lately and good for him. Could be wrong but I remember him being a big time maybe 4* recruit but had injury issues or something in high school. He?s starting to figure it out. Reminds me of Robert Johnson a little.

Jack Lambert
11-05-2017, 02:18 PM
He has improves and has the physical ability to be the best WR on the team. I want to add Peters looked the part on that jet swipe. I think that's the play.

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2017, 02:33 PM
He didn't fight for the ball for shit yesterday on Fitz's 2nd pick

HoopsDawg
11-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Jackson was a 3 star guy.

The slot receiver in our offense is such an attractive position for a college player. Bumphis, Jameon Lewis, and Ross all showed what kind of huge numbers you can put up at that position in our offense. Crazy that we can't attract a legit 4 star guy at that spot.

msstate7
11-05-2017, 02:48 PM

The slot receiver in our offense is such an attractive position for a college player. Bumphis, Jameon Lewis, and Ross all showed what kind of huge numbers you can put up at that position in our offense. Crazy that we can't attract a legit 4 star guy at that spot.

Mixon was a nice recruit. Bama offer I think

Commercecomet24
11-05-2017, 02:50 PM
He didn't fight for the ball for shit yesterday on Fitz's 2nd pick

Yeah and Dan was pissed about that too. That being said he?s playing better.

HoopsDawg
11-05-2017, 02:52 PM
Mixon was a nice recruit. Bama offer I think

No Bama offer for Mixon. No AU offer either. He is good when he gets the ball in space, but he is just so short it makes it tough. Compare him to AJ Brown who is 6'1 215 in the slot.

msstate7
11-05-2017, 02:53 PM
No Bama offer for Mixon. No AU offer either. He is good when he gets the ball in space, but he is just so short it makes it tough. Compare him to AJ Brown who is 6'1 215 in the slot.

Thought Bama sent him papers on signing day.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2017, 03:09 PM

He was a 3* according to Scout and 247. ESPN had hima 4*. He was selected to participate in the 2014 Under Armour All-America High School Football Game.

Cooterpoot
11-05-2017, 03:12 PM
Jackson is a poor mans Robert Johnson.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2017, 03:20 PM
Thought Bama sent him papers on signing day.

Bama offered Nick Gibson. I don't think they did on Mixon, but I may be wrong.

msstate7
11-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Bama offered Nick Gibson. I don't think they did on Mixon, but I may be wrong.

I am not saying it happened; but I seem to remember hearing bama did not offer the whole time, but did send papers on signing day. I am not a recruiting guy though

Bothrops
11-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Jesse was faster than Rojo before his injury for sure. I think he still may be, compared to when Rojo played. Rojo being way more physical. I don't remember the type of injury Jesse had, but it affected early career a lot.

Yes, Bama sent Mixon papers very late in the game, but offered nonetheless.

Todd4State
11-05-2017, 03:28 PM

John Patterson would be a four star guy if he had better grades. There are also a couple of good 4* slot receiver prospects in Mississippi next year.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2017, 03:42 PM
I am not saying it happened; but I seem to remember hearing bama did not offer the whole time, but did send papers on signing day. I am not a recruiting guy though

I did a little research and you are correct. He had been wanting a Bama offer, and got it on signing day, but stuck with the good guys.

Bothrops
11-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Mixon put up all world numbers is high school. We need him to get healthy.

Cooterpoot
11-05-2017, 04:19 PM
I don’t understand how Gibson and Hill aren’t getting touches. Aries is a pounder but he lacks vision, quickness, and speed.
He struggles to find holes and make cuts. He’ll grind out 3 yards and sometimes drag a guy or break a tackle but there’s no big play ability there.

LC Dawg
11-05-2017, 04:32 PM
I don?t think Jesse played his senior season because of a knee injury. He?s battled some nagging injuries at State and this is the first year he?s been completely healthy. He?s always given 100% on special teams and waited for a spot. I would liked to have seen him battle more for that ball yesterday and he?s had a couple of drops but he?s playing pretty good. I like the way he use his body to shield defenders. I think he?d be good in the slot. He?s not a #1 receiver but he?d be a nice compliment to one if we had one.
It doesn?t matter on the field but he is a damn fine kid - the kind that fans should be glad to call a Bulldog.