PDA

View Full Version : MSU summed up by a bammer

starkvegasdawg
11-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Asked a bammer friend of mine at church about the game next week. He said MSU is capable of beating anybody in the country and losing to anybody in the country. Just depends on what team shows up. While I don?t think there are teams that could ever lose to, I agree with the sentiment in general.

WSOPdawg
11-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Asked a bammer friend of mine at church about the game next week. He said MSU is capable of beating anybody in the country and losing to anybody in the country. Just depends on what team shows up. While I don?t think there are teams that could ever lose to, I agree with the sentiment in general.

I think he summed us up pretty well, Stark. Comparing our play against aTm and LSU -vs- Bama's play against these two gives me a small flicker of hope. And one day, we'll catch Bama having a "bad" game and can take advantage.

BulldogBear
11-05-2017, 11:12 AM
I think we are going to show up and give them all they want. I thunk yesterday is actually an indication of that future. We will not win because they will be allowed to hold luke they did all night last night. My prediction is Bammer (-4)

RocketDawg
11-05-2017, 11:53 AM
I think he summed us up pretty well, Stark. Comparing our play against aTm and LSU -vs- Bama's play against these two gives me a small flicker of hope. And one day, we'll catch Bama having a "bad" game and can take advantage.

True, as long as the players and coaches, including Mullen, aren't totally intimidated by playing the mighty Alabama. And I don't think I've seen a game yet when they were not.

Quaoarsking
11-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Except that "capable of losing to any team in the country" doesn't apply to our team at all, and in fact Mullen has only had 1 WTF loss in 9 years here, so we shouldn't have that reputation based on prior years either.

Maroonthirteen
11-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Is this Bama fan one of those that couldn't point to Tuscaloosa on a map?

I couldn't care less what they think.

Yeah it is Bama week. I hate those f'ers.

starkvegasdawg
11-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Is this Bama fan one of those that couldn't point to Tuscaloosa on a map?

I couldn't care less what they think.

Yeah it is Bama week. I hate those f'ers.

No. This guy is very level headed. Actually teaches at MSU.

Maroonthirteen
11-05-2017, 12:36 PM

Yeah well he can go..... teach in north port.

WPDawg
11-05-2017, 12:56 PM
True, as long as the players and coaches, including Mullen, aren't totally intimidated by playing the mighty Alabama. And I don't think I've seen a game yet when they were not.

Bama is very good. Year in. Year out. No matter who is playing them, that is intimidating. And they expect with confidence to beat anyone they play. I think the way you beat them is create doubt in Bama players early that they are way better. That means your top players have to make big plays and the rest of team has to play solid in their support roles and no mistakes. If you can hit them in the mouth early and get some confidence then play well the rest of the game, you have a shot. We are not deep in Bama type talent but we do have playmakers on both sides of the ball. They all need to have good games. Don't feel the pressure of being good. Just go out and perform and see what happens.

klong-dog
11-05-2017, 01:04 PM
I hate that we'll be without Abrams for a half. And Donald Gray. Those two bring confidence and swag to the team, imo.

RocketDawg
11-05-2017, 01:09 PM

The two don't necessarily go hand-in-hand. ;) I've run across some pretty crazy professors there.

was21
11-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Have to play well enough not to let the officiating crew determine the outcome....like a boxing match where the champion has to get knocked out because you're not going to win a decision of the judges

Commercecomet24
11-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Except that "capable of losing to any team in the country" doesn't apply to our team at all, and in fact Mullen has only had 1 WTF loss in 9 years here, so we shouldn't have that reputation based on prior years either.

Exactly! Only happened to Dan once. He just doesn?t lose those type games. He must be remembering Jackie?s teams who were capable of both.

Leroy Jenkins
11-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Until Dan proves he can let his nuts hang vs bama, he is SaBear's bitch. It is what it is. Dan tries to keep from getting blown out vs bama, which is not the same as trying to win.