PDA

View Full Version : Mullen's Favorite Week of the Year: Buy Or Sell...

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Buy or Sell that Mullen lets his balls hang out with his play calling this week and dials it up or his balls shrivel up like they do every year?

I realize we don't have LSU's deep threat but LSU had open guys deep. Would be absurd to not go deep early and often.

msbulldog
11-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Sell, Mullen plays not to lose.

msstate7
11-05-2017, 09:33 AM
If Bama is missing 2 LBs and Fitzpatrick, I want to try our base offense.

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2017, 09:35 AM

True and Mullen will think the same. But when it doesn't work, he'll have an excuse.

msstate7
11-05-2017, 09:46 AM
True and Mullen will think the same. But when it doesn't work, he'll have an excuse.

I would love to see fitz just air it out 30 times if it is obvious we cannot run. With that said, I do not want fitz getting sandwiched in the pocket 8-10 times. If we play perfect, we might could win this game. If we mess around and get fitz hurt though, we could lose the next 2.

Hasu Dackds
11-05-2017, 09:54 AM
Sell, we are going to see the Georgia gameplan. Funny though, how the playcalling looks good against bad teams and bad against good teams. Who'da thunk it.

Only way we win is if Bama has some turnovers. It is what it is. To take that last step, Mullen has to up the recruiting to be able to match with these type teams. It's the only way. I think we'll be able to next year.

wasabaka
11-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Shriveled like a raisin left out in the sun too long. That said, this has to be his favorite week of the season every year. He knows no one expects him to actually win, and it doesn?t matter anyway. There aren?t any consequences to never being competitive against Bama. He will be here for years to come and will lose to Bama until Saban decides to leave.

AROB44
11-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Shriveled like a raisin left out in the sun too long. That said, this has to be his favorite week of the season every year. He knows no one expects him to actually win, and it doesn?t matter anyway. There aren?t any consequences to never being competitive against Bama. He will be here for years to come and will lose to Bama until Saban decides to leave.

And some people will still be bitching about him. The good thing is they have no say in whether he leaves or stays.

Maroonthirteen
11-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Sell. That it is his favorite.

Game plan...... Fitz is terribly inaccurate in big high pressure games to start. We will need to run the ball a few series to settle him down.

NCDawg
11-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Sell. That it is his favorite.

Game plan...... Fitz is terribly inaccurate in big high pressure games to start. We will need to run the ball a few series to settle him down.

I'm afraid we will be unable to run the ball effectively against the Alabama front. I would expect Mullen to start off passing as we did against Texas A&M,in an attempt to loosen their defense up a little.

RocketDawg
11-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Shrivel.

Reason2succeed
11-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Mullen is ultra competitive and wants to win badly. I think we have a better chance than you guys are giving us credit for.

We have a better defense that may be able to slow Bama down a little. He has to get Fitz out of the pocket because our OL can’t beat Bama’s DL consistently. He needs to watch Clemson’s win from last year; what A&M and LSU had success with this year. If we don’t see at least thee jet sweeps I will scream.

TUSK
11-05-2017, 02:01 PM

Gonna likely be without 4 LBs...

Commercecomet24
11-05-2017, 02:01 PM

Yeah it was 2 down after fsu and another 2 down after last night right?

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Mullen is ultra competitive and wants to win badly. I think we have a better chance than you guys are giving us credit for.

We have a better defense that may be able to slow Bama down a little. He has to get Fitz out of the pocket because our OL can’t beat Bama’s DL consistently. He needs to watch Clemson’s win from last year; what A&M and LSU had success with this year. If we don’t see at least thee jet sweeps I will scream.

Perhaps you are right, but I have no pride about this game.

If making fun of our past helps us come out relaxed and playing wide open, then that’s cool with me.

We’ve been too uptight in this game. I just want see our guys have fun next Saturday night and let it hang out.

TUSK
11-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Yeah it was 2 down after fsu and another 2 down after last night right?

yeppers... including our defensive "quarterback", Hamilton...

Todd4State
11-05-2017, 02:12 PM

Maybe that's what was up with Peters running a jet sweep against UMass. Also tried to run one with Kylin Hill against A&M and we fumbled it.

bulldawg28
11-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Pound the ball

Jack Lambert
11-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Mullen always coaches this game tight. I hope he lets it all hang out.

msstate7
11-05-2017, 02:21 PM

What about Fitzpatrick?

TUSK
11-05-2017, 02:31 PM
What about Fitzpatrick?

He's got a "hammy"... Getting an MRI today... He'll play again, but I dunno how soon...

HoopsDawg
11-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Mullen always coaches this game tight. I hope he lets it all hang out.

When I think "let it all hang out", I think of deep passes and trick plays. We suck at both of these things. We need to run Fitz and work the middle of the field in the passing game. Our outside WR's basically need to run deep routes as decoy's. If there's anything we can do different it would be to add some wrinkles and creativity to the run game.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2017, 02:59 PM
When I think "let it all hang out", I think of deep passes and trick plays. We suck at both of these things. We need to run Fitz and work the middle of the field in the passing game. Our outside WR's basically need to run deep routes as decoy's. If there's anything we can do different it would be to add some wrinkles and creativity to the run game.

Agreed. We gotta do what we do best.. I?m not saying we win but I ain?t conceding nothing to nobody. We play and execute as well as we can we have a chance. That being said we gotta be perfect in all phases and then some.