PDA

View Full Version : Students if you read this board, you ****ing suck!!!

Bucky Dog
11-04-2017, 10:55 PM
There is no reason that our student section should be one third full for any game. It's 11:00 and you all should have enough guts to get to bed before 2 and be at the game to support a damn good team. The BYU game was even worse and we heard y'all were at Talladega and Ole Miss! Seriously?! Y'all need your collective asses beaten hard.

If you want to make up for this, then have your entitled asses at the game next week loade for bear and ready to beat Bama's ass! I'm disappointed in you so far!

Howboutdemdogs
11-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Amen

Madisonmd
11-05-2017, 07:23 AM
They don't !

raymond21
11-05-2017, 07:34 AM
Bingo

Harrydawg
11-05-2017, 07:34 AM
Shut up you old geezer!**

Cooterpoot
11-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Millennials, or whatever the 17 their sorry asses are now, are the most useless group of humans ever on this planet. Their parents should be punched in the damn throats.

BulldogBear
11-05-2017, 07:39 AM
It was probably a good weekend to go home for some of them

Mimi's Babies
11-05-2017, 07:45 AM
No excuse.... Sad day.. These children are not taught to take responsibility for sure.... Many of others would have loved to have had those tickets.

Harrydawg
11-05-2017, 07:51 AM
There were several formals (those are party’s) Friday night that were planned long before the 11 AM time slot was decided.

A few sororities and fraternities had party’s Friday night......I know it’s hard for us old people to understand different priorities but if you could see some of these young sorority girls I think you’d understand.....

I have 2 boys at State and neither were on campus yesterday......one had a formal at State Friday night and a formal at UM last night.....just couldn’t physically fit it in (the game). The other came home to see a high school girl friend and hunt a little (something he hadn’t done in 3 weeks). Watching State and UMaSS was down on both of there weekend to do lists

I’ll let em know your opinion though.....they would love to met you I am sure

RocketDawg
11-05-2017, 08:16 AM
There were several formals (those are party’s) Friday night that were planned long before the 11 AM time slot was decided.

A few sororities and fraternities had party’s Friday night......I know it’s hard for us old people to understand different priorities but if you could see some of these young sorority girls I think you’d understand.....

I have 2 boys at State and neither were on campus yesterday......one had a formal at State Friday night and a formal at UM last night.....just couldn’t physically fit it in (the game). The other came home to see a high school girl friend and hunt a little (something he hadn’t done in 3 weeks). Watching State and UMaSS was down on both of there weekend to do lists

Parties ....

Maroonthirteen
11-05-2017, 08:20 AM
I was over the fan support yesterday. Ready to move on...but...

I love to hunt as much as the next guy but.... it is just a matter of hunting or parties being more important than MSU football. Which is anyone's prerogative.

However..... No, Shotgun we don't have the fan base.

LT was right.

Bucky Dog
11-05-2017, 08:21 AM

You just made my point. Entitled kids who can't or won't make the time in their schedule to be at the game, and the helicopter parents are here to make excuses for them. I know there are certain instances to not be in town but my point was if the students are in town on campus, then be in the stands.

Political Hack
11-05-2017, 08:23 AM
Don't play UMass at 11:00 during hunting season. 50% of your problem is solved.

Harrydawg
11-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Haha: no excuses geezer and this helicopter parent gives them a hard time for not being their but it’s there decision.

GreenheadDawg
11-05-2017, 08:27 AM
The thing that makes me sad is these kids have no clue how good they have it. I was there during the ****ing Croom era. I was at every home game but 2 for 4 years. We had very little to cheer about but we got our asses to the game even when we had formals to go to and I went to several. Bottom line, our students suck and are spoiled. It’s also getting worse every year.

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2017, 08:28 AM

Why are campus institutions scheduling these things on home game weekends?

There are only 7 home game weekends a year. Is it too much to ask for those weekends to be avoided?

OR

Was this little formal scheduled by the OM people because they had a Road game and then shoved up little brothers ass because his home games aren’t important?

Your post sir says everything I need to know about the ceiling of this program. MSU fans like football but don’t need it or love it and that will always be beaten out in the long run by those who do

Harrydawg
11-05-2017, 08:29 AM
This is exactly right Greenhead, they don’t know how it has always been......and as hard as we try, they will never understand

Jack Lambert
11-05-2017, 08:30 AM

I went to the Brandon Pearl game the night before with my two kids. Went to Wendy after to get something to eat. Got home about 12:30 got to bed at 1:00 got up at 5:30 got my son and daughter up and got to the game by 9:30. I am 52 years old so I don't want to hear that crap.

Harrydawg
11-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Jack, you are legend _ Hats off

GreenheadDawg
11-05-2017, 08:38 AM
This is exactly right Greenhead, they don’t know how it has always been......and as hard as we try, they will never understand

I’m afraid not. I don’t know what the answer is. The university nor the parents can force them to go.

Jack Lambert
11-05-2017, 08:39 AM
Jack, you are legend _ Hats off

Well if it wasn't for the extra hour of sleep last night I probably would not be making church today. :)

Harrydawg
11-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Yep, my son texted me this morning (from the deer stand) stating that the sun came up almost an hour early this morning.

They gotta learn for themselves.......telling them does not always get thru

Maroonthirteen
11-05-2017, 08:57 AM
I went to the Brandon Pearl game the night before with my two kids. Went to Wendy after to get something to eat. Got home about 12:30 got to bed at 1:00 got up at 5:30 got my son and daughter up and got to the game by 9:30. I am 52 years old so I don't want to hear that crap.

Next weekend, one of my kids has a tournament in oxford. One kid is too young to go to a 6pm game in Starkville (2.5 hour drive) and my wife has to work Saturday. I could easily sell these tickets to Gumps and watch on TV. That would make my day much much easier.

However i am figuring out arrangements for the kids next weekend . So I can be there after a couple of hours in oxford. (Thank goodness for 6pm kick). I'm an idiot. I guess.....to go through that much trouble to watch us play Bama.

Bully13
11-05-2017, 09:01 AM

Bump for greatness.

Turfdawg67
11-05-2017, 09:03 AM
You just made my point. Entitled kids who can't or won't make the time in their schedule to be at the game, and the helicopter parents are here to make excuses for them. I know there are certain instances to not be in town but my point was if the students are in town on campus, then be in the stands.

Entitlement... the new 17'n buzzword. This stuff has been going on since I was a student in the 80's. Shut up and go yell at some people on your yard.

Turfdawg67
11-05-2017, 09:05 AM

Amen. Spot on as always.

Turfdawg67
11-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Millennials, or whatever the 17 their sorry asses are now, are the most useless group of humans ever on this planet. Their parents should be punched in the damn throats.

There were several formals (those are party?s) Friday night that were planned long before the 11 AM time slot was decided.

A few sororities and fraternities had party?s Friday night......I know it?s hard for us old people to understand different priorities but if you could see some of these young sorority girls I think you?d understand.....

I have 2 boys at State and neither were on campus yesterday......one had a formal at State Friday night and a formal at UM last night.....just couldn?t physically fit it in (the game). The other came home to see a high school girl friend and hunt a little (something he hadn?t done in 3 weeks). Watching State and UMaSS was down on both of there weekend to do lists

I?ll let em know your opinion though.....they would love to met you I am sure

Well the d*ckhead Cooter would like to punch you in your damn throat, Harrydawg.

Bucky Dog
11-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Entitlement... the new 17'n buzzword. This stuff has been going on since I was a student in the 80's. Shut up and go yell at some people on your yard.

Yeah when we were 3-8 or Tech and 10. And get out of my driveway.

Mimi's Babies
11-05-2017, 09:20 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jack Lambert again. #HAILSTATE
After, 150 8th graders on Friday,
Late night, up and at the game with a 9 and 2 year old grands... And I am older than you kind sir....

IMissJack
11-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Many of others would have loved to have had those tickets.

Not taking up for students, but no many others did not want those tickets. There were tickets to be had for free and people did not take. I had 4 lower level west side for sale for $50 total, and got no response. And, some of that was for shipping cost from TX. Please do not tell me how a family can't afford to go anymore either. This weekend would have been perfect. It is called being complacent or lazy.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-05-2017, 09:32 AM
11:00 isn't early. Anyone who works knows this.

It is simply an issue of "want-to" and we have a ton of fans who simply don't want to go to games and sit on their ass in Columbus, Tupelo, Jackson, etc because we are playing UMASS.

raymond21
11-05-2017, 09:33 AM
It’s laziness. Television has ruined the on campus atmosphere. The few students who came by tailgate after the game all indicated they were going to take a nap.

IMissJack
11-05-2017, 09:40 AM
We have become oversaturated with sports. When I went to college of course the SEC network did not exist, but MSU was not on TV that often. We were just starting to get on ESPN occasionally. As a kid we were only on during the occasional big game. I got everything else from listening to Jack Cristil on the radio. So when my dad took me to one or two games a year it was something special that I took in. Today it's just taken for granted.

IMissJack
11-05-2017, 09:46 AM
There have always been frat parties.

PassInterference
11-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Parties? Formals? On a Friday night before a Saturday home game?

Who gives a flying ****? Get your ass 1/4 or less mile to the stadium! WTF?!

Hasu Dackds
11-05-2017, 09:57 AM
Students certainly need to do a better job. It's not that hard to go to a ballgame with a hangover. I mean, it's not like you're going to a job and must be productive.

LC Dawg
11-05-2017, 10:06 AM
I don?t think the students deserve any more shit than regular fans. The entire stadium was half empty yesterday.
I remember having 5 or 6 consecutive conference games to finish the season and everyone bitching because Bama and others get a cupcake later in the season before big games. We get a cupcake before the Bama game and everyone skips it to go hunting and go to parties. It is what it is.

PassInterference
11-05-2017, 10:16 AM
I don?t think the students deserve any more shit than regular fans. The entire stadium was half empty yesterday.

Students walk 5 minutes to get to the stadium. Everybody else drives for hours each way.

No excuse for the students.

Mimi's Babies
11-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Not taking up for students, but no many others did not want those tickets. There were tickets to be had for free and people did not take. I had 4 lower level west side for sale for $50 total, and got no response. And, some of that was for shipping cost from TX. Please do not tell me how a family can't afford to go anymore either. This weekend would have been perfect. It is called being complacent or lazy.

Being in the classroom, I can assure you... it is PURE LAZINESS!!!!

Lord McBuckethead
11-05-2017, 10:48 AM
Really? Didn't look like those many of people we're filling the season ticket holder spots either. Pot meet kettle.

LC Dawg
11-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Students walk 5 minutes to get to the stadium. Everybody else drives for hours each way.

No excuse for the students.

I disagree. If everyone else gets excuses the students do too. I personally don?t want to hear any of the excuses but I?m not going to only blast the students for doing the same thing that lifelong Bulldog fans do.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2017, 10:53 AM
This is not an MSU only problem. I love football, live for it, but some of yall need to calm down haha. Students across the country dont go to 11 AM games especially not 11 am games against UMass. Its gonnna be ok. Davis Wade will be hellacious for bama

Churchill
11-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Exactly...didn't Saban and Bama basically threaten students a few years ago about leaving early ?

RocketDawg
11-05-2017, 11:42 AM

Just a child .... **

RocketDawg
11-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Exactly...didn't Saban and Bama basically threaten students a few years ago about leaving early ?

Yes. I can't remember exactly what the repercussions were, if any. But he seems to have gotten their attention.

IMissJack
11-05-2017, 12:11 PM

What I have heard is if students buy tickets and don't show up, then their tickets cost more the next year.

QuadrupleOption
11-05-2017, 12:52 PM

^This. It's ridiculous that we've had two 11:00 games this year.

vv83
11-05-2017, 12:53 PM

Well this a well thought out post

DCdawg
11-05-2017, 12:53 PM

I, a useless millennial, was at the game yesterday with my wife and 1 year old. The middle-aged couple's seats beside us were empty all game though. ?\_(ツ)_/?

Hasu Dackds
11-05-2017, 01:07 PM
I, a useless millennial, was at the game yesterday with my wife and 1 year old. The middle-aged couple's seats beside us were empty all game though. ?\_(ツ)_/?

Don't sweat the millennial comments bro, those are just coming from angry hater boomers and gen x/y-ers. They all suck too, and just want to point the blame at young folks.

The beef is with the students, bottom line. A bigger portion of them did not show up, than the rest of the stadium. It's just lazy on their part.

RocketDawg
11-05-2017, 01:14 PM
^This. It's ridiculous that we've had two 11:00 games this year.

The part that's ridiculous is that going hunting would interfere. There are 6 other days in the week that a person could go hunting. That's no excuse at all.

Several big-time football schools have 11:00 a.m. games (or noon Eastern). Just yesterday I think both Ohio State and Penn State had morning games. Even Alabama has on occasion. The're a heckuva lot better than Thursday night games.

We all like 11:00 a.m. games on Saturday if we're just watching on television; we just don't want OUR team to have them, if we're going to the game. But somebody has to play then. We just have to accept poor attendance when it's a very inferior opponent.

RocketDawg
11-05-2017, 01:17 PM

The beef isn't really with millennials; it's with students. Practically all students nowadays are millenials, but all millenials are not students. If the student only has to walk across campus to go to the game, there's really no excuse for not being there. They have the same reasons as the rest of us for not going, but don't have a several hour drive to get there, plus an expensive overnight stay.

Gutter Cobreh
11-05-2017, 01:22 PM
I'm realizing with each of these types of threads, we truly have some people on this board that literally only live for MSU football. God forbid anyone has an outside interest that conflicts with attending a football game, otherwise you simply are not a true fan.

Get off your high horse as your acting more like a Shitbird than a Bulldog!!!

DCdawg
11-05-2017, 01:48 PM
RocketDawg, I understand completely and agree that students can do better than yesterday. I was mostly just pointing out that poster's ignorance in stereotyping a group of people.

Hasu Dackds
11-05-2017, 01:57 PM
I'm realizing with each of these types of threads, we truly have some people on this board that literally only live for MSU football. God forbid anyone has an outside interest that conflicts with attending a football game, otherwise you simply are not a true fan.

Well, if you're going to think like this, don't expect to keep a good coach around, or to compete for championships. Just sayin', bruh.

Gutter Cobreh
11-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Well, if you're going to think like this, don't expect to keep a good coach around, or to compete for championships. Just sayin', bruh.

The same ones that are complaining about crowd attendance are the same ones that feed the "Mullen to ...." every year...

We haven't competed for a championship going on nearly 20 years now. No amount of attendance at DWS is going to change that. We're in the toughest conference in all of college football, going against NC teams year in and year out.

Curb your ambition and get out of here with your nonsense...

Hasu Dackds
11-05-2017, 03:29 PM
The same ones that are complaining about crowd attendance are the same ones that feed the "Mullen to ...." every year...

We haven't competed for a championship going on nearly 20 years now. No amount of attendance at DWS is going to change that. We're in the toughest conference in all of college football, going against NC teams year in and year out.

Curb your ambition and get out of here with your nonsense...

Quoted so we all have proof of the type of fan you really are. Especially since attendance size is one of the most direct ways to predict success in football. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_football_stadiums_by_capacity

YOU get the f*ck outta here

The second you start criticizing the program, you really ought to be banned. You don't even know how wrong you are.

Anonymous
11-05-2017, 05:56 PM

I think it's consensus at this point that baby boomers are the worst generation.

But yes, students need to get their shit together.

Maroonthirteen
11-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Since this is still going.....

Which I'm not excusing an empty student section but just saying....
http://https://mobile.twitter.com/NWAHutch/status/926904081419046913/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-1415778880506585785.ampproject.net%2F1508896929494 %2Fframe.html (http://mobile.twitter.com/NWAHutch/status/926904081419046913/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-1415778880506585785.ampproject.net%2F1508896929494 %2Fframe.html)

Dawg61
11-05-2017, 06:52 PM

Sorry no generation is worse than the Baby Boomer generation and it ain't even close. Not going to a football game at 11am vs UMass cause you were out drinking and trying to get some college tail hardly qualifies you for "most useless group of humans ever on this planet."

Dawg61
11-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Quoted so we all have proof of the type of fan you really are. Especially since attendance size is one of the most direct ways to predict success in football. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_football_stadiums_by_capacity

YOU get the f*ck outta here

The second you start criticizing the program, you really ought to be banned. You don't even know how wrong you are.

This is some petty bullshit Goat. Gutter Cobreh hit the nail on the head with his comment "the same ones that are complaining about crowd attendance are the same ones that feed the "Mullen to ...." every year". He could not be more accurate with that statement. Mullen doesn't get to schedule cupcake OOC games (which I am more than fine with scheduling) and still complain about attendance when the SEC Network ****s us and puts the game at 11am. Doesn't work like that. Y'all have seen how many times Saban loses his shit about attendance and Bama has 7 billion national titles. Mullen doesn't get to act like Saban without also winning like Saban when it comes to ripping the fans. Beat Bama once in your lifetime if you want to be expecting attendance like Bama gets who still has a coach that bitches about attendance all the time. So basically unless you're playing in Fenway Park every game and it's baseball there's gonna be games that don't sell out. Especially the ones vs shitty independent teams from up north that bring zero fans with them and start at 11 in the morning.

fader2103
11-05-2017, 07:37 PM

I could of told you the day we scheduled UMass it would be an 11AM time game

Maroonthirteen
11-05-2017, 07:39 PM
This is some petty bullshit Goat. Gutter Cobreh hit the nail on the head with his comment "the same ones that are complaining about crowd attendance are the same ones that feed the "Mullen to ...." every year". He could not be more accurate with that statement. Mullen doesn't get to schedule cupcake OOC games (which I am more than fine with scheduling) and still complain about attendance when the SEC Network ****s us and puts the game at 11am. Doesn't work like that. Y'all have seen how many times Saban loses his shit about attendance and Bama has 7 billion national titles. Mullen doesn't get to act like Saban without also winning like Saban when it comes to ripping the fans. Beat Bama once in your lifetime if you want to be expecting attendance like Bama gets who still has a coach that bitches about attendance all the time. So basically unless you're playing in Fenway Park every game and it's baseball there's gonna be games that don't sell out. Especially the ones vs shitty independent teams from up north that bring zero fans with them and start at 11 in the morning.

Are you kidding? Comparing Mullen and Saban/MSU v Bama? Bama had 60k crowds at least 40 years ago. Mullen is trying to build a program. The crowd sucked for BYU too. Which is at least an interesting opponent for any college football fan.

Here is the bottom line on all this.... people have things come up. Some people just choose to do something else. That's their prerogative. I'm sure some folks stayed home that contribute at lot of money. Some folks came every game that paid minimum for tickets. State needs all those fans. However one thing is for sure, I don't care if you give 50k a year, Calling out players and coaches for perceived lack of effort is not cool when the stadium is empty.

Bucky Dog
11-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Guys you are missing the point of my original post. And to try and compare us to when you were in college it was the same way or to Arkansas crowd yesterday isn’t fair or relevant at all. We are not a 3-8 team and Croom is not our coach. Were aren’t Arkansas right now. We are a top 15 team in the country and I️ do understand it is hard for people to make an 11:00 game if they live 3-4 hours away. I️ live 2 and I️ made it but the point was the students. There is no reason, NONE, that kids are sitting in their dorm rooms or frat houses or at a bar in town when there is a game being played. It’s not really that hard.

SailingDawg
11-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Alabama students are only allowed to go to three games per year, from what I've been told. I wonder if they've ever stayed home during a down season?

Dawg61
11-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Comparing Mullen and Saban/MSU v Bama?

I have no idea what your question is here. Kinda looks like a triple negative oopty oop flea flicker to Todd for the interception.

DawgRockur
11-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Haha: no excuses geezer and this helicopter parent gives them a hard time for not being their but it’s there decision.

There* , Their*

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-05-2017, 11:41 PM

I have no problem with people having other hobbies. I have a problem with people who can't drive from 40 miles away to attend a game but yet come to this board and bitch about every little thing that doesn't please them with the team. It's kind of like voting. If you fail to go and vote, don't go complaining about the winner.

Todd4State
11-06-2017, 01:27 AM
Guys you are missing the point of my original post. And to try and compare us to when you were in college it was the same way or to Arkansas crowd yesterday isn?t fair or relevant at all. We are not a 3-8 team and Croom is not our coach. Were aren?t Arkansas right now. We are a top 15 team in the country and I️ do understand it is hard for people to make an 11:00 game if they live 3-4 hours away. I️ live 2 and I️ made it but the point was the students. There is no reason, NONE, that kids are sitting in their dorm rooms or frat houses or at a bar in town when there is a game being played. It?s not really that hard.

11 AM games suck period and I think it's TV that is hurting out attendance more than anything.

What I would like to see done is:

1. The SEC completely cut ties with CBS and make it all ESPN. That way ESPN doesn't have to work around them and can build a more optimal TV schedule.

2. For each SEC team designate one-two pay per view games a year. These would be the MSU vs. UMass/Charleston Southern games types of games that everyone plays. Play them at 1:00 PM or later. That creates premium- meaning if you want to watch the game you can't go hunting and just catch it on SEC Network. You have to pay for it. Some of the cut goes to the school. Also, it means college students pretty much would have to show up to the game to watch it. I'm not sure that they get SEC Network in the dorms or apartments but I bet some of them do. That will probably influence a few more of them to go to the games. By moving it back it makes it more convenient for everyone which makes it more likely that people will go to the game. And by making it pay per view I'm sure you would get a few more fans from outside the area that would make the trip and choose doing that over paying the cable company.

I'll be honest myself- I don't like getting up at 5:30-6 AM on Saturday after working all week to go watch MSU play. I did it though.

Edit to say- MSU is not the only one in the SEC having problems. Saban has complained about their students not showing up to games or leaving early. I love the Junction but we may have inadvetantly created a Grove Syndrome situation where you have a lot of students and people that just tailgate and don't go the game and just watch it on TV at their tailgate.

msstatelp1
11-06-2017, 08:09 AM

My Respitory Therapist Millennial Daughter that treats all the sorry ass baby boomers that don't take care of themselves says she hopes her "sorry ass" gets to treat you one day.

Jack Lambert
11-06-2017, 08:51 AM
My Respitory Therapist Millennial Daughter that treats all the sorry ass baby boomers that don't take care of themselves says she hopes her "sorry ass" gets to treat you one day.

That baby boomer doctor took care of her ass when she was born and while growing up. By the way my doctor is a Generation X doctor.

msstatelp1
11-06-2017, 09:20 AM
That baby boomer doctor took care of her ass when she was born and while growing up. By the way my doctor is a Generation X doctor.

She doesn't complain about the baby boomers who follow their doctors orders it's the ones that refuse to do what the doctor says and then complains because the doctor is a Millenial (or Gen X) that doesn't know what their doing.

BB30
11-06-2017, 09:45 AM

Making this a millennial stereotype issue is dumb. Every older generation thinks the younger generation sucks. My grandparents bitched about the younger generation being "lazy" liking that crazy rock music and being hippies...

When there are bama fans sitting on the 50 next weekend ill be sure and stereotype all of the older bulldogs that decided to sell their tickets to bama fans while our student section will be slap full and there will be plenty of bama fans in older bulldog's seats like there are every big game because of "laziness". I just can't believe older bulldogs can't make a 6pm game against bama and then sell their tickets to bama fans instead of giving them away to a bulldog family because they are cheap.

I seen it dawg
11-06-2017, 10:00 AM
This thread is so full of stupid dumbassedry it’s awesome. You all should go back and re read what you’ve typed. Then draw a circle on the chalkboard and stick your nose in it.