PDA

View Full Version : Damn I wish we had OM's WRs!

dawgday166
11-04-2017, 06:30 PM
nm

SailingDawg
11-04-2017, 06:31 PM
No, we don't. We don't want a bunch of elites on our campus. No work ethic, 'all me' mentality.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2017, 06:32 PM
And they probably wish they had our rbs, ol and defense.

Todd4State
11-04-2017, 06:32 PM
I wish we had Guidry, Heath, and Whop right now instead.

dawgday166
11-04-2017, 06:33 PM
They damn shore can catch balls in traffic tho.

msstate7
11-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Damn, I wish we had miss state?s team

Sincerely,
OM fans

dawgday166
11-04-2017, 06:37 PM
And they probably wish they had our rbs, ol and defense.

Agree. I just think this may be about the main thing that stops us any next year. Otherwise we look pretty solid next year.

MarketingBully
11-04-2017, 06:39 PM
We don’t so who gives a shit? All you have to do is run and control the ball. UK sealed their fate by having three three and outs when they were up by 10. There was no reason to throw the ball.

dawgday166
11-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Damn, I wish we had miss state?s team

Sincerely,
OM fans

I agree ... but is this the same state7 that was trolling the board about taking AJ Brown the other night??

MarketingBully
11-04-2017, 06:40 PM
Agree. I just think this may be about the main thing that stops us any next year. Otherwise we look pretty solid next year.

Are you serious? We have three big 4 star receivers coming in for next year.

RougeDawg
11-04-2017, 06:41 PM

This. If we had some receivers that could and would go after the ball when it?s in the air, we may not lose. At present we have to have a perfect route, throw and catch. Watching these other teams today, most QB?s just heave it downfield, some back shoulder, and the receivers beat the DB?s to the ball and fight. I?ve rarely seen that from any or our receivers this season. Not sure I can recall any but I?m sure it?s happened.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-04-2017, 06:41 PM
nm

GTF outta here with that trash!

msstate7
11-04-2017, 06:42 PM
I agree ... but is this the same state7 that was trolling the board about taking AJ Brown the other night??

I would still take him or a couple more. That team is trash though... we better than them if they add jerry rice in his prime

dawgday166
11-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Are you serious? We have three big 4 star receivers coming in for next year.

Maybe you right ... but they haven't done it in SEC yet. I hope they as good as advertised cause we ain't beating Bama without exceptional WR play. We may can win against most others with less than exceptional WRs.

Goldendawg
11-04-2017, 07:39 PM
UNM definitely spent big $ on big, elite receivers and they play backyard ball with them and look good doing it. They are sure not getting their $1 million worth from "Crimedog" and that dumpster fire of a D. We will be all right against them as long as Dan lets Fritz run the read option from the start of the game (unlike today against UMass.)

Commercecomet24
11-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Y?all do realize arky crappy defense shut them down the whole second half last week right?

defiantdog
11-04-2017, 07:42 PM
I?d rather have Bama?s receivers..... they actually block for the running backs.

notsofarawaydawg
11-04-2017, 08:08 PM
nm

You could have had them all if you would have come off that checkbook and cheated like OM did to get them. No one fault but yours.

tcdog70
11-04-2017, 08:15 PM

Did I see where Guidry has caught like 16 passes all year and Heath even less?

gravedigger
11-04-2017, 08:19 PM
nm

It?s a package deal.

GreenheadDawg
11-04-2017, 09:10 PM
Y?all do realize arky crappy defense shut them down the whole second half last week right?

No reason to bring facts in here. People are busy melting over that prolific OM offense.

Hasu Dackds
11-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Well if they hadn't paid them all off we'd have at least one of them.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2017, 09:14 PM
No reason to bring facts in here. People are busy melting over that prolific OM offense.

They are the New England Patriots of college football*****

dawgday166
11-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Ain't no one melting cause of the "prolific" OM offense. We should be able to line up and run the ball down their throat regardless. And we should be able to stop their offense. And if they beat us this year ... Mullen should be fired *****

I wanted their WRs (or some like theirs) to make Bama defend the whole field. Cause you ain't gonna just line up and RTDB against Bama ... on any day. They gonna put 8 men in the box and we'll be lucky to have 125 yds of rushing against them ... more than likely.

Having said that ... I'm thinking right now this ain't your normal Bama team (I've been warming up to this the more I've seen of them). There's more vulnerabilities than usual with this Bammer team. I don't think they're quite the juggernaut they have been in year's past. However, I can't tell if any other team on the college landscape is that good either other than maybe Gawga.

ETA: If Etling was a halfway decent QB Bammer would be in real trouble in this game. Whoever said he was a decent SEC QB was not quite accurate on that one.

Todd4State
11-04-2017, 09:42 PM
Did I see where Guidry has caught like 16 passes all year and Heath even less?

That's irrelevant. The QB's at Hinds and Callaway aren't going to be throwing the ball to them next year. They also aren't going to be bracketed every play as well.

Mimi's Babies
11-04-2017, 09:47 PM
Dear MSU fans,

We wish our team looked as good yours does. If we had not given illegal benefits to the croots, putting them up at THE INN @OM, feeding them in the My Michele's cafe, owner's father being Chuckie R.(om media idiot), if we had not left those ole red and blue gift bags with money in them in the rooms, then we would not be about to get our butts paddled. Since we are hearing that there are players transferring in December, good luck with those

So we wish you all the best...

That school up North.

BuckyIsAB****
11-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Damn Im glad we dont have OM's record and defense!!!

dawgday166
11-04-2017, 09:50 PM
That's irrelevant. The QB's at Hinds and Callaway aren't going to be throwing the ball to them next year. They also aren't going to be bracketed every play as well.

So you think they gonna go from catching 16 or fewer passes in Miss HS football one year to going into T-Town next year and putting the fear of god into Bammer DBs?

I personally can't think of too many freshmen on offense that have been huge impacts in the Mullen era. Why folks think they gonna make a huge difference next year ... I'm not quite following that one.

The receivers we got now better get A LOT better for next year. I'm a hoping they do.

yjnkdawg
11-04-2017, 11:23 PM
I would still take him or a couple more. That team is trash though... we better than them if they add jerry rice in his prime

He burned his bridges a good while ago with MSU. We want players who will practice hard during the week and do what's best for the team by being a team player, and not cause any locker room disruption. Now where does he fit in?

Todd4State
11-04-2017, 11:45 PM
So you think they gonna go from catching 16 or fewer passes in Miss HS football one year to going into T-Town next year and putting the fear of god into Bammer DBs?

I personally can't think of too many freshmen on offense that have been huge impacts in the Mullen era. Why folks think they gonna make a huge difference next year ... I'm not quite following that one.

The receivers we got now better get A LOT better for next year. I'm a hoping they do.

I think our starters are most likely going to be Guidry and either Couch/Todd next year- probably Todd and then Dear in the slot. It's about having a skill set that we lack this year. Remember Bear and Fred Brown? We have no one like that at this point in time. You add in a 4 star JUCO guy who is 6'4", two guys in Todd and Couch that will be even better next year, and then potentially add in two WR's in Heath and Whop- I know Heath is an UA AA and Whop probably is and if he's not he should be- that have length, speed, and a larger catch radius than what we have on the team at this present time. They're also going to have a Heisman contender QB throwing the ball to them, and a veteran o-line blocking for the QB. If we use Heath and Whop as much as we are using Hill and Gibson at RB that is still useful and more than what we are getting out of the position group at this point. We could conceivably go 5 wide with 5 WR's that are all 6'3 or taller and mostly 4 star guys. We can't say that now- there's a reason one of our better WR's is a 6'5" 280 pound TE and we were looking at Peters at WR today as well. Our lack of size makes it more difficult for Fitz to get the ball to them and they are sometimes getting overpowered in SEC play by bigger more physical DB's. It's also causing us blocking problems on screen passes as well sometimes.

High School and JUCO stats just don't matter. Jackson Prep has a QB that has thrown for something like 65 TD passes in his career I think. Should we offer him? No. He's only 6'0" tall and is a drop back passer on a loaded team for his league with the best player in MAIS history running the ball for him. How many of South Panola's running backs that put up ridiculous numbers over the years made it in the SEC? Everyone that plays Callaway knows that they have an UA AA WR and I guarantee you that even the worst coach that they face is going to account for him. They also don't have a very good QB who can get him the ball. That doesn't mean he sucks or won't be ready next year. It means he has a crappy HS QB and is the focal point of every defense he faces. They also have a SEC caliber RB at Callaway who probably gets the ball a good bit as well. Heath performed very well at the UA combine and was rated as one of the best in the country. It's all about the skill set.

As far as Alabama- you just have to have one of your guys win one of the match-up on the outside and connect on it. That's how Ole Miss did it. You don't have to win every match-up on every play to beat them. Outjump them and have a QB that can place the ball where the receiver can get it a few times and it will help you win the game.