PDA

View Full Version : Does Ta?amu lighting up the stat sheet prove it?s the system and WR?s...

RougeDawg
11-04-2017, 06:09 PM
Making any QB look good? Not much drop off from the savior to Ta?amu. Wasn?t much difference from Bro Ballace to MGK to Savior to Ta?amu.

RealHastings
11-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Meh. I still think shay-shay was overrated. Said the whole time that he's a good 7-on-7 qb, that's it. Tamu is better because he can run. The sharks still suck, though. They luckily beat a Kentucky team the we skull-drug. We win by 21+ on Thanksgiving.

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2017, 06:52 PM
No, he is better than Patterson......way better.

beretta
11-04-2017, 07:01 PM
I'd like to say so....but after seeing us continue to get beat deep in the passing game has me at least a little worried....we gave up 3 60+ passing plays today....UM sports a better qb and wr core than Mass......their strength against our weakness at least has me a little worried....

hope grantham has a good game plan for this

Meh. I still think shay-shay was overrated. Said the whole time that he's a good 7-on-7 qb, that's it. Tamu is better because he can run. The sharks still suck, though. They luckily beat a Kentucky team the we skull-drug. We win by 21+ on Thanksgiving.

GreenheadDawg
11-04-2017, 07:06 PM
No, he is better than Patterson......way better.

Doesn’t matter. With their defense they won’t out score many people.

DownwardDawg
11-04-2017, 07:07 PM
I'd like to say so....but after seeing us continue to get beat deep in the passing game has me at least a little worried....we gave up 3 60+ passing plays today....UM sports a better qb and wr core than Mass......their strength against our weakness at least has me a little worried....

We'll rush for over 300 yards against them.

Irondawg
11-04-2017, 07:08 PM
They might have the best WR group in the nation. That said Tam was pretty accurate and I do like some of OM's passing play designs. They have better talent at WR, but their play design on passing plays also seems much better than ours.

State82
11-04-2017, 07:32 PM
We'll rush for over 300 yards against them.

We may. And they will do the same to us through the air. They have the best collection of receivers in the nation. Our secondary doesn't have the playmakers to lock them down.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2017, 07:35 PM
We stopped them last year in oxford with a worse defense and a terrible dc. We will control the clock and grind them into dust like last year. I think we will be ok.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Making any QB look good? Not much drop off from the savior to Ta?amu. Wasn?t much difference from Bro Ballace to MGK to Savior to Ta?amu.

Is Patterson even on the team? Surely they would be showing on the sidelines during the games. I havent seen him.

GreenheadDawg
11-04-2017, 08:34 PM
So we already have guys on here shitting their pants because they have the best gosh darn receivers to every grace a football field. Luckily for them they had Joe Montana at back up apparently. Hope they go easy on us

Jack Lambert
11-04-2017, 08:36 PM
We stopped them last year in oxford with a worse defense and a terrible dc. We will control the clock and grind them into dust like last year. I think we will be ok.

If they get that punishment handed out before the game most of those WR will check out with possible transferring on their mind. I have a feeling they will be doing everything they can to keep that info from getting out.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2017, 08:38 PM
So we already have guys on here shitting their pants because they have the best gosh darn receivers to every grace a football field. Luckily for them they had Joe Montana at back up apparently. Hope they go easy on us

Exactly! Yeah I don?t get it. Arky crappy defense shut them down for the whole second half, uk wins today if they run the ball more and run clock at the end. The shark turds put no fear in my heart.

Leroy Jenkins
11-04-2017, 08:45 PM

Corps

Commercecomet24
11-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Corps

Leroy bringing the grammar hammer lol

GreenheadDawg
11-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Exactly! Yeah I don?t get it. Arky crappy defense shut them down for the whole second half, uk wins today if they run the ball more and run clock at the end. The shark turds put no fear in my heart.

Kentucky lost that game for Kentucky because Stoops got cute and got away from the run game. Granted, their receivers are pretty impressive on jump balls and catching in traffic. But they don’t scare me. We will run it down their throats and control the clock. RTDF all night.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Kentucky lost that game for Kentucky because Stoops got cute and got away from the run game. Granted, their receivers are pretty impressive on jump balls and catching in traffic. But they don’t scare me. We will run it down their throats and control the clock. RTDF all night.

Exactly!

Todd4State
11-04-2017, 09:48 PM

Pretty much every time Ole Miss wins a game this is how it happens. How hard is it to just hand the damn ball off? Thankfully Dan had no trouble with that concept and lo and behold we score 55 on them. It's absolutely insane.

Todd4State
11-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Also- Kentucky has the worst pass defense in the SEC statistically. Anyone being able to pass on them isn't a surprise.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2017, 09:56 PM
Pretty much every time Ole Miss wins a game this is how it happens. How hard is it to just hand the damn ball off? Thankfully Dan had no trouble with that concept and lo and behold we score 55 on them. It's absolutely insane.

Yep. Snell ran for 200 on his own so stoops gonna throw the ball 30 times instead of just running it all the time. Some times the simplest offense is the most effective.

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2017, 09:59 PM

If we RTGDF we win, and win big. To do it against them you just have to call it.

Todd4State
11-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Yep. Snell ran for 200 on his own so stoops gonna throw the ball 30 times instead of just running it all the time. Some times the simplest offense is the most effective.

I think somewhere along the line coaches have become so obsessed with being balanced that's almost like they have to make sure that they have the same amount of yards passing and running than win the game. Balanced to me means being able to do both- running and passing.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2017, 10:10 PM
I think somewhere along the line coaches have become so obsessed with being balanced that's almost like they have to make sure that they have the same amount of yards passing and running than win the game. Balanced to me means being able to do both- running and passing.

Exactly. Being balanced means you CAN do both. It doesn?t mean x number of run or pass.

Cooterpoot
11-04-2017, 10:12 PM
And they can?t run it or play defense. They got lucky today. Who cares if they throw for 500 a game if they suck and we own them? Nevermind we’ve got a top 10 pass defense.

dawgday166
11-04-2017, 10:35 PM
Exactly. Being balanced means you CAN do both. It doesn?t mean x number of run or pass.

Coming into this week we were 108th in passing O. Bammer is 85, LSU is 84. Scoring as many points as we do and being 108th in passing O. That doesn't seem very balanced to me.

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2017, 10:40 PM

THIS IN SPADES. Basically the matchups are the same.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2017, 10:47 PM
Coming into this week we were 108th in passing O. Bammer is 85, LSU is 84. Scoring as many points as we do and being 108th in passing O. That doesn't seem very balanced to me.

I didn?t say we were balanced I said that?s what balanced meant.

yjnkdawg
11-04-2017, 11:02 PM
They might have the best WR group in the nation. That said Tam was pretty accurate and I do like some of OM's passing play designs. They have better talent at WR, but their play design on passing plays also seems much better than ours.

Longo's offensive plan is for his quarterback to not read the defense. It is left up to the receivers to separate. The qb just waits for a receiver to get open and then he tries to get the ball to the open receiver. If nobody is open then scramble and run or throw the ball away. Their passing game works some because they have those high dollar receivers who can catch and go up and make plays on those 50/50 balls.