PDA

View Full Version : Gun?s Thoughts

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2017, 02:37 PM
Well.... we survived Mullen?s yearly WTF game. Look at the records, it happens every year. As bad as it was, I was actually pleased with the effort and leadership in the 2nd half.

- Fitz is a great football player but he needs the entire play book at his disposal. Every time Mullen attempts to play a game without Fitz?s Running ability, it?s a mess.

- As Bo Bounds say, as every win is precious. Particularly ones sandwiched between huge conference games

- All these injuries at WR is what you get for recruiting so many small WRs. Even Percy Harvin was always hurt. Big people beat up little people. Never forget that.

- I?m racking my brain to determine if I?ve ever seen a worse trick play coach than Mullen. Mullen is an excellent coach but his trick plays suck in both timing and execution. Miles is the best I?ve seen at them because they were always quick hitters. Mullen?s take too much time to develop and often are asked to be executed by players with limited football IQ. I.e. Reggie Todd who has been playing football for like 3 years.

- Abram was extremely selfish with his hit. I personally don?t like how the rule can cause a player to miss part of the next game, but that?s the rule and Abram sho nuff violated it. Just a terrible, selfish play. Someone will have to step up in the first half next week.

- Does any of you coaches understand why we are so succeptible to deep balls? I get that our safeties are aggressive, but they should?ve been coached out if that by now. Is it a speed problem? Football IQ issue?
I?m going to have nightmares this week about Hurts and Ridley hitting deep balls on us. I?m setting the over/under on the amount of deep balls Bama hits at 2.5.

- Lastly, we aren?t going to beat Bama but enjoy next week and the game. Have fun and cherish what will be an unreal atmosphere. To Mullen, let your balls hang out next week. You?ve got a mental block vs Bama and need to let it go. Dial it up next week and see what happens. I could careless if we lose 50-3. That usually happens any way.

Go Dawgs. Big ass game next week.

gravedigger
11-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Well.... we survived Mullen?s yearly WTF game. Look at the records, it happens every year. As bad as it was, I was actually pleased with the effort and leadership in the 2nd half.

- Fitz is a great football player but he needs the entire play book at his disposal. Every time Mullen attempts to play a game without Fitz?s Running ability, it?s a mess.

- As Bo Bounds say, as every win is precious. Particularly ones sandwiched between huge conference games

- All these injuries at WR is what you get for recruiting so many small WRs. Even Percy Harvin was always hurt. Big people beat up little people. Never forget that.

- I?m racking my brain to determine if I?ve ever seen a worse trick play coach than Mullen. Mullen is an excellent coach but his trick plays suck in both timing and execution. Miles is the best I?ve seen at them because they were always quick hitters. Mullen?s take too much time to develop and often are asked to be executed by players with limited football IQ.

- Abram was extremely selfish with his hit. I personally don?t like how the rule can cause a player to miss part of the next game, but that?s the rule and Abram sho nuff violated it. Just a terrible, selfish play. Someone will have to step up in the first half next week.

- Does any of you coaches understand why we are so succeptible to deep balls? I get that our safeties are aggressive, but they should?ve been coached out if that by now. Is it a speed problem? Football IQ issue?
I?m going to have nightmares this week about Hurts and Ridley hitting deep balls on us. I?m setting the over/under on the amount of deep balls Bama hits at 2.5.

- Lastly, we aren?t going to beat Bama but enjoy next week and the game. Have fun and cherish what will be an unreal atmosphere. To Mullen, let your balls hang out next week. You?ve got a mental block vs Bama and need to let it go. Dial it up next week and see what happens. I could careless if we lose 50-3. That usually happens any way.

Good post. I will say that if the first half of the next game penalty weren?t there, targeting in the 4th qtr would go up.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Good post. I will say that if the first half of the next game penalty weren?t there, targeting in the 4th qtr would go up.

True. I actually like Barrett Sallee’s idea of having a yellow card and red card type rule exactly like soccer.

Abram’s would’ve been a red card anyway though.

BuckyIsAB****
11-04-2017, 02:55 PM

- I?m racking my brain to determine if I?ve ever seen a worse trick play coach than Mullen. Mullen is an excellent coach but his trick plays suck in both timing and execution. Miles is the best I?ve seen at them because they were always quick hitters. Mullen?s take too much time to develop and often are asked to be executed by players with limited football IQ. I.e. Reggie Todd who has been playing football for like 3 years.

Easy to say something about Abram while sitting on a message board. Hes a good player and that shit happens. Thats a terrible rule that needs to be changed. Cant ask a guy to do anything else than he did. Its hurting the game. UMass QB got up talking shit after getting the hell knocked out of him. Used to didnt be that way

Covercorner2
11-04-2017, 02:57 PM

The only thoughts that you need is that this was a "trap" game and we still made enough plays to win by 11 against a decent team. The only thing that really concerned me were the coverage busts, but, again, trap game. It happens. Every team has one of these non- conference a year. We managed to win by 11 without our 3 best WRs.

Also, your thoughts on the Abram hit are trash can juice. See my post in that thread and watch the replay. What else do you want him to do? Not try to sack him?

Coursesuper
11-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Absolutely disagree about Abram, kid made a hard nosed football play. If he hits him low it a personal foul so how are you supposed to hit the QB there. Hell the QB lowers his head right as he’s hit. Rule needs to be adjusted but won’t due the pussifcstion of our nation.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Absolutely disagree about Abram, kid made a hard nosed football play. If he hits him low it a personal foul so how are you supposed to hit the QB there. Hell the QB lowers his head right as he’s hit. Rule needs to be adjusted but won’t due the pussifcstion of our nation.

Well said. Agree completely

JoseBrown
11-04-2017, 03:14 PM

100% agree. Listening to coach Mullen talk about it sounds like he agrees too.

Great 2nd half O-line compared to 1st half. Did what they had to do to get us the win! And receivers did a better job blocking in second half too.

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Easy to say something about Abram while sitting on a message board. Hes a good player and that shit happens. Thats a terrible rule that needs to be changed. Cant ask a guy to do anything else than he did. Its hurting the game. UMass QB got up talking shit after getting the hell knocked out of him. Used to didnt be that way

That wasn't a dirty hit. As the rule is written it was the correct call, but I think you need to be able to recognize intent. It's one thing to launch yourself at a guy's head, it's another todo what Abrahm did. That was just a hard driving football play where he was unlucky enough to make initial contact with the head. When he gets ejected for that and that POS #57 for UMASS wasn't for what he did something is wrong with the rules.

Coursesuper
11-04-2017, 04:59 PM
That wasn't a dirty hit. As the rule is written it was the correct call, but I think you need to be able to recognize intent. It's one thing to launch yourself at a guy's head, it's another todo what Abrahm did. That was just a hard driving football play where he was unlucky enough to make initial contact with the head. When he gets ejected for that and that POS #57 for UMASS wasn't for what he did something is wrong with the rules.

Well said!

Dawg61
11-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Update your iOS again please