PDA

View Full Version : Ain't nobody in Starkville...

Hasu Dackds
11-04-2017, 09:07 AM
Mullen gonna be pissed off.

I can't say anything, I'm one of the guilty ones

raymond21
11-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Robo calls didn’t work. Tailgate is dead

msstate7
11-04-2017, 09:11 AM
Next 2 home games will be great atmosphere. 11am games suck

starkvegasdawg
11-04-2017, 09:18 AM
Yeah. Campus is a ghost town. I just got parked.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Can we at least wait till 11:00 to make these threads?

Why would people be there at 9:00?

Gutter Cobreh
11-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Welp, guess we get the pleasure or reading more threads from Bucky and Shotgun about how terrible the fan base is and how we'll never win a natty all because we didn't pack the place to watch a bloodbath against UMASS***

Edit - Too late, Gun's already locked and loaded ^ ��
Edit part 2: And below ��

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Welp, guess we get the pleasure or reading more threads from Bucky and Shotgun about how terrible the fan base is and how we'll never win a natty all because we didn't pack the place to watch a bloodbath against UMASS***

Well..... lets just hope no recruits are there.

RougeDawg
11-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Don?t sit on your dick and allow the SEC and tv powers at be, give you an 11 am kickoff between two big SEC games. Especially when you know there?s a 99.9999999999% chance you?ll be ranked in to 20 if you beat A&M and most likely top 15 after you beat UMass. We don?t fight as a university (aka committed to winning it all).

Cue the yada, yada.... bu bu bu other teams play 11 am games. Yea they are called conference games or games between a shit SEC program and a shit OOC, this late in the season. Fans are getting fatigue by November. It?s the nature of the season and approaching holidays. The conference as a whole should help out the upper teams each season by selecting them time slot for better attendance, especially when the matchup is not very attractive. If this were A&M 11 am at home the place would be packed.

Is Coastal Carolina at Arkansas 3 pm today, a better game than ours? Was CCar at Ark a better game two weeks ago when time slots were selected? Was CCar at Ark a better game at the beginning of the f*cking season? Was CCar at Ark a better game since it was announced ?

Can anyone see my point? How many more people can make a 3 pm vs 11 am game that have to drive 4+ hours? There?s no reason we should be playing this early game, at This point in season at #16 with much worse games in conference, except for the fact the league Office knows we say how high when they tell us to jump.

Back to Guns Post yesterday about fans being committed to winning. He?s correct in that it will take more that that we currently have committed to winning to win it all. But this shit has to start at the top and right now our top brass act like they are committed to winning about 50% of the time.

MafiaDawg
11-04-2017, 09:46 AM
You expect it to be rocking at 8:07 am?

RocketDawg
11-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Don?t sit on your dick and allow the SEC and tv powers at be, give you an 11 am kickoff between two big SEC games. Especially when you know there?s a 99.9999999999% chance you?ll be ranked in to 20 if you beat A&M and most likely top 15 after you beat UMass. We don?t fight as a university (aka committed to winning it all).

Cue the yada, yada.... bu bu bu other teams play 11 am games. Yea they are called conference games or games between a shit SEC program and a shit OOC, this late in the season. Fans are getting fatigue by November. It?s the nature of the season and approaching holidays. The conference as a whole should help out the upper teams each season by selecting them time slot for better attendance, especially when the matchup is not very attractive. If this were A&M 11 am at home the place would be packed.

Is Coastal Carolina at Arkansas 3 pm today, a better game than ours? Was CCar at Ark a better game two weeks ago when time slots were selected? Was CCar at Ark a better game at the beginning of the f*cking season? Was CCar at Ark a better game since it was announced ?

Can anyone see my point? How many more people can make a 3 pm vs 11 am game that have to drive 4+ hours? There?s no reason we should be playing this early game, at This point in season at #16 with much worse games in conference, except for the fact the league Office knows we say how high when they tell us to jump.

Back to Guns Post yesterday about fans being committed to winning. He?s correct in that it will take more that that we currently have committed to winning to win it all. But this shit has to start at the top and right now our top brass act like they are committed to winning about 50% of the time.

You're right about one thing ... if it was a 3:00 game I'd be there. Primarily, the reason is that when I got my hotel it was for Saturday night, and for an 11 game I need Friday night. Last time that happened the hotel wanted more than twice the price I was paying for Saturday night to make the change (BYU game), so I saw no need to try. Plus, it would mean a long trip two weekends in a row, and I'm getting too old for that. :)

I gave my tickets away to another Dog though. Hopefully he'll have my seats occupied.

If I'm not mistaken, Ohio State has had a couple of 11 o'clock games this year, but yeah, we should be a better game than Arkansas. Maybe Arkansas has already been screwed a couple of times already (I have no idea), and you can't think of doing that to Bama so it's gotta be somebody willing to do it, and also low on the SEC totem pole (I hope that term isn't cultural appropriation). ;)

IMissJack
11-04-2017, 09:55 AM
rep given to Rouge.

Cooterpoot
11-04-2017, 09:55 AM
You guys can say what you want. The powers aren?t going to let us gain momentum by giving us good times. They want us to stay below a certain point. It?s about protecting the money.

Jarius
11-04-2017, 09:59 AM
I don’t expect many people to be tailgating for 11am game against umass. Most people will ride up for the game and ride back right after.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2017, 10:03 AM
The more I think about this, the more I agree with Rouge

11:00 am non-conference games are crowd kryptonite to schools that aren’t in metropolitan areas.

Not sure what the answer is, but college football has an issue here.

At what point does tv start to canabolize itself?

Not I buy the “tired” reason though. Most MSU fans haven’t been to a game since LSU.

starkvegasdawg
11-04-2017, 10:06 AM
My group of 5 is here. Still in the sky deck concourse so not sure how many are in their seats, but concourse is not crowded.

BuckyIsAB****
11-04-2017, 10:11 AM
If you think MS State is the only one who wouldnt fill up the stadium for an 11 am game against UMass you are wrong. I didnt go and I dont blame others for not going. If you have late nights like I have on friday nights aint no way Im getting up to go see us beat the shit out of UMass

RocketDawg
11-04-2017, 10:34 AM

11:00 am non-conference games are crowd kryptonite to schools that aren’t in metropolitan areas.

Not I buy the “tired” reason though. Most MSU fans haven’t been to a game since LSU.

I was at the UK game and since the weather was nice, we went out to our seats to have food and just sit an hour or so before the game, and I'll bet there weren't more than a dozen people in the stadium at that time. Even just a few minutes before kickoff the stadium was virtually empty. Then it filled up all of a sudden. Maybe it'll be that way today too.

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Can we at least wait till 11:00 to make these threads?

Why would people be there at 9:00?

They aren’t here 16 minutes to kick off either. This is going to be a totally embarrassing crowd. I doubt there are 10k people in the stands right time. Less than a 1000 students.

raymond21
11-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Over / under 25k total for game time. I’m going
under

bluelightstar
11-04-2017, 10:54 AM
These early games should only kick at noon and only in the eastern time zone

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Don’t complain when Mullen leaves

This would piss me off if I built a winning program.

RougeDawg
11-04-2017, 10:58 AM

11:00 am non-conference games are crowd kryptonite to schools that aren?t in metropolitan areas.

Not I buy the ?tired? reason though. Most MSU fans haven?t been to a game since LSU.

Fatigued at it being game 9.

I think the SEC shit on us so much and frequently under the LT and Cheerleader regimes, they just tell us to assume the position. We do not have enough winning seasons and self confidence to tell the SEC to go F*ck themselves because the first season we have a 6-6 team we might get teabagged every week by them. It?s a slippery slope but we have to start standing up for ourselves and face the consequences either way. Until we start fighting we will never come out on top. Sort of like the ?you miss every shot you don?t take? mantra.

I will say that people are using all 8 of my tickets today, so those seats will be filled.

Cooterpoot
11-04-2017, 10:58 AM
Remember that long string of sellouts? WTF is going on? Our students suck! Not 500 at the game.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Remember that long string of sellouts? WTF is going on? Our students suck! Not 500 at the game.

Expectations and the quality of the team have changed.

Now it’s about beating Bama, LSU, Auburn, etc and these games are after thoughts.

Jarius
Don’t complain when Mullen leaves

This would piss me off if I built a winning program.

Where is he going to leave and go to where attendance for 11am against teams like umass is good?

ShotgunDawg
Where is he going to leave and go to where attendance for 11am against teams like umass is good?

I have no clue. Just saying, don’t complain when he does.

RocketDawg
11-04-2017, 11:07 AM
They just showed Olivia Harlan (good choice for sideline reporter, BTW ... she fits all the criteria), and the virtually empty student section is glaringly obvious. No excuse there since they're already on campus. The rest of the stadium doesn't look all that bad. But the students ....

Lance Harbor
11-04-2017, 11:11 AM
It's not just an MSU thing. Clemson isn't filling up their student section either. Dabo even called out the students. A&M stadium is not full either for a battle against ranked Auburn.

They just showed Olivia Harlan (good choice for sideline reporter, BTW ... she fits all the criteria), and the virtually empty student section is glaringly obvious. No excuse there since they're already on campus. The rest of the stadium doesn't look all that bad. But the students ....

IMissJack
11-04-2017, 11:12 AM
My son is a student there and he's at the game. He just texted me and said there are very few students.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Good call we have a great home atmosphere 3 game a year. Why would Mullen ever leave ?**

Jarius
11-04-2017, 11:28 AM
I have no clue. Just saying, don’t complain when he does.

If he leaves it won’t have anything to do with our turnout to 11am games against umass. No fans are showing up to those type games across the country. Also, the stadium is filling in a bit.

Dawg61
11-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Either don't give a shit about fan attendance when you schedule UMASS Dan Mullen or give a shit about fan attendance and don't schedule UMASS. Can't have both. It's unrealistic to expect both.

RocketDawg
11-04-2017, 11:36 AM
UMass played Tennessee earlier this year. How was the attendance at that game?

Dawg61
11-04-2017, 11:50 AM
UMass played Tennessee earlier this year. How was the attendance at that game?

Terrible for their standards. Tennessee fans scheduled a walk-out during the game too.

Bothrops
11-04-2017, 12:09 PM
I wasn't expecting 60k, but **** man this is bullshit.

Pollodawg
11-04-2017, 12:14 PM
We’re getting punked by UMass.

oldwave
11-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Maybe he should worry about having his team ready to play instead of who of us are in the stands.

RougeDawg
11-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Expectations and the quality of the team have changed.

Now it?s about beating Bama, LSU, Auburn, etc and these games are after thoughts.

EXPECTATIONS!!! My f*cking expectations are to win these games by a minimum of 3 TD?s going away, with band members taking snaps in the 4th. Not be down 7 going into halftime. Our coach simply cares more about insignificant things like Robocalls, than preparing his team to beat the dog shit out of inferior opponents.

Dawg61
11-04-2017, 02:46 PM
EXPECTATIONS!!! My f*cking expectations are to win these games by a minimum of 3 TD?s going away, with band members taking snaps in the 4th. Not be down 7 going into halftime. Our coach simply cares more about insignificant things like Robocalls, than preparing his team to beat the dog shit out of inferior opponents.

UMass is a scrappy team. Our eleven point win was more than all their six other losses combined I believe

Leroy Jenkins
11-04-2017, 02:49 PM
So does this thread title mean everyone is in Starkville?

Intramural All-American
11-04-2017, 02:55 PM

Man, some of y'all are dumb. Mullen had absolutely nothing to do with that call this week. That was a recording from his DawgTalk last week that they just recorded and called all season ticket holders with. If you seriously don't think our coach tried to prepare the team for this week, then you aren't smart. It's hard to get up for games like this, and Mullen was trying to protect our QB in this game. It was pretty clear when Mullen decided to let Nick actually play, they couldn't stop us. We would have rolled if we played our actual game, but Mullen didn't want Nick to get hurt before the important games.

RocketDawg
11-04-2017, 02:56 PM

Well, the robo calls weren't a factor. It's not like he called each of us individually. He took maybe a minute or two to record the message, then somebody else sent it to all the BDC members.

It was very difficult for him to get up for the game, for him to get the players up for the game, and for fans to get up for the game. Solution? Don't schedule games like this.

I seen it dawg
11-04-2017, 03:36 PM
This thread is awesome