PDA

View Full Version : Bowl ban/Transfer Question

HaggardDawg
11-03-2017, 07:22 PM
I was thinking about this and was going to see if someone knew the answer. If the NCAA adds another year bowl ban to what OM has self imposed, are players on their roster allowed to transfer? Technically the NCAA would have only given them a one year bowl ban with their self imposed one. Does that technicality bind their current roster since the NCAA didn?t technically give them a multi year bowl ban. Doesn?t that make sense? Or does their self imposed become an official NCAA sanction? Just curious.

I could see that bunch telling AJ or whoever, ?sorry we?re not releasing you because the NCAA only implemented a 1 year bowl ban, the other one was on us?.

West Tn Dawg
11-03-2017, 07:50 PM
The way I understand it............
The NCAA excepts their bowl ban and adds 1= 2 year ban. They can transfer.

StatesboroBlues
11-03-2017, 07:51 PM
I was thinking about this and was going to see if someone knew the answer. If the NCAA adds another year bowl ban to what OM has self imposed, are players on their roster allowed to transfer? Technically the NCAA would have only given them a one year bowl ban with their self imposed one. Does that technicality bind their current roster since the NCAA didn?t technically give them a multi year bowl ban. Doesn?t that make sense? Or does their self imposed become an official NCAA sanction? Just curious.

I could see that bunch telling AJ or whoever, ?sorry we?re not releasing you because the NCAA only implemented a 1 year bowl ban, the other one was on us?.

USCw had a 2 year Bowl ban and Jrs/Srs we?re allowed to transfer because they would not be able to play in a bowl game the rest of their career.

If UM gets a year added...that would leave the 16 group out of luck as for as transferring goes. Having said that...the NCAA can do what they want and wouldn?t be surprised if they allow the 16 class to transfer. Especially considering the fake news the UM administration put out to the public/recruits.

I also do not believe that UM would want parents of the 16 class publicly complaining...

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 08:02 PM
The way I understand it............
The NCAA excepts their bowl ban and adds 1= 2 year ban. They can transfer.

This is correct. The self imposed becomes part of the total sanctions.