PDA

View Full Version : Citrus vs Michigan?

Leroy Jenkins
11-03-2017, 06:32 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/bowl-projections-alabama-vs-clemson-cfp-semifinal-132056579.html

Ill take it. Harbaugh is so easy to hate, even for me, and I used to be a UM fan in the Tyrone Wheatley days.

Activated Alpha
11-03-2017, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't mind watching that. I think Michigan's defense would present a good challenge to State. And yes Harbaugh is easy to hate, but I'm glad we have him.

Todd4State
11-03-2017, 07:21 PM
I still think we make a NY6. We'll see how it plays out.

msstate7
11-03-2017, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't mind watching that. I think Michigan's defense would present a good challenge to State. And yes Harbaugh is easy to hate, but I'm glad we have him.

Michigan could certainly slow our offense down, but we would absolutely smash Michigan?s offense. If okorn is the qb, Michigan would struggle to score 13 imo

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2017, 07:38 PM
Michigan could certainly slow our offense down, but we would absolutely smash Michigan?s offense. If okorn is the qb, Michigan would struggle to score 13 imo

I agree. Would be a good game that I think we could win 24-14 or so

RocketDawg
11-03-2017, 07:47 PM
I agree. Would be a good game that I think we could win 24-14 or so

I think we're capable of it, but they wouldn't forget the trouncing we gave them a few years ago. They were embarrassed and might play like they were playing against Ohio State. We'd have to be ready for them.

Johnson85
11-03-2017, 08:43 PM
I think we're capable of it, but they wouldn't forget the trouncing we gave them a few years ago. They were embarrassed and might play like they were playing against Ohio State. We'd have to be ready for them.

That trouncing was in 2010/2011. The oldest UM players would have been SOs in high school. The youngest would have been in their first year of middle school. I doubt many of them remember it.

Activated Alpha
11-03-2017, 08:44 PM
Oh I absolutely believe state would smother our offense

Johnson85
11-03-2017, 08:46 PM
I still think we make a NY6. We'll see how it plays out.

You're more optimistic than me. Plenty of upsets left that can happen. But There seem to be too many teams ahead of us or capable of passing us for only one team to be ahead of us from the PAC 12 and Big 12.

msstate7
11-03-2017, 08:49 PM
You're more optimistic than me. Plenty of upsets left that can happen. But There seem to be too many teams ahead of us or capable of passing us for only one team to be ahead of us from the PAC 12 and Big 12.
Beat Bama

Or

Georgia and Bama make playoffs with auburn losing to both... might take auburn getting another loss too

I do not see it

RocketDawg
11-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Beat Bama

Or

Georgia and Bama make playoffs with auburn losing to both... might take auburn getting another loss too

I do not see it

Auburn will probably lose to both Georgia and Alabama. So if we take care of our end, they shouldn't be a problem.

msstate7
11-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Auburn will probably lose to both Georgia and Alabama. So if we take care of our end, they shouldn't be a problem.

I do not think you will see Bama and Georgia in the playoffs though.

At the end of the day, sec champs and 3 of Oklahoma, Ohio State, Clemson, and ND is just better for CFB imo

civildawg
11-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Agreed. There would have to be pure chaos to put two sec teams in imo

Leroy Jenkins
11-03-2017, 09:25 PM
If the lower ranked team in the SECCG beats the higher ranked team they will both get in.

Example #1 UGA loses to #2 bama. Bama moves to #1, the former #1 should not drop all the way to #5 for having one loss to the new #1.

msstate7
11-03-2017, 09:43 PM
If the lower ranked team in the SECCG beats the higher ranked team they will both get in.

Example #1 UGA loses to #2 bama. Bama moves to #1, the former #1 should not drop all the way to #5 for having one loss to he new #1.

Why should say Ohio State if they beat undefeated top 10 Wisconsin in big 10 championship be left out in favor of a runner up in the Sec?

I have predicted for weeks, it will be...

Bama
Ohio st
Clemson
Oklahoma

ND will lose a game. Sec won?t get 2 teams in over 1-loss acc, big 10, and big 12 champs (Oklahoma). Just won?t happen

confucius say
11-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Why should say Ohio State if they beat undefeated top 10 Wisconsin in big 10 championship be left out in favor of a runner up in the Sec?

I have predicted for weeks, it will be...

Bama
Ohio st
Clemson
Oklahoma

ND will lose a game. Sec won?t get 2 teams in over 1-loss acc, big 10, and big 12 champs (Oklahoma). Just won?t happen

Bc uga one loss would be against #1 team in country on neutral field. Oh st one loss would be getting blown out at home to Oklahoma.

And nd ain't losing in regular season.

msstate7
11-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Bc uga one loss would be against #1 team in country on neutral field. Oh st one loss would be getting blown out at home to Oklahoma.

And nd ain't losing in regular season.

If it comes down to Ohio State (12-1), Oklahoma (12-1), Clemson (12-1), ND (11-1), Bama/Georgia 13-0, and sec loser Bama/Georgia 12-1, I?ll bet anyone here a couple hundred both sec teams do not get in

Leroy Jenkins
11-03-2017, 09:56 PM
If the lower ranked team in the SECCG loses, that team is out. If the lower team wins I think they both make it. #1 can survive a loss to a top 5 team and not drop out of the top 4. My opinion.

BayouDawg
11-04-2017, 01:27 AM
A 3 loss, or worse, Sec team has made a NY6 bowl every year so far under the current CFP format. Just a little food for thought. I would love to go to the peach. We would probably get the AQ G5 school like UCF or Mempho. I wouldn't mind cotton either. Probably get a Big 12-2 or Big 10+4 team in that.

Reason2succeed
11-04-2017, 01:51 AM
I do not think you will see Bama and Georgia in the playoffs though.

At the end of the day, sec champs and 3 of Oklahoma, Ohio State, Clemson, and ND is just better for CFB imo

The Big 12 is effectively out of the CFP already. Oklahoma has a nasty loss to Iowa State and not enough left to make it up. It’s trash football over there.

msstate7
11-04-2017, 06:03 AM
The Big 12 is effectively out of the CFP already. Oklahoma has a nasty loss to Iowa State and not enough left to make it up. It’s trash football over there.

You realize Iowa State is top 15 right? Oklahoma has the 2nd most impressive win of the year on their resume in beating Ohio State on the road. They have #11 ok st on the road today, #8 tcu at home next week, 25ish West Virginia at home, and the big 12 championship game too. They have the best qb in the country... no way they are done if they win out. Oklahoma was in the playoffs 2 years ago and slapped around auburn last season in the sugar... they can play

Johnson85
11-04-2017, 06:58 AM
Beat Bama

Or

I do not see it

It doesn't matter to us whether bama and Georgia make the playoffs. All that matters is whether we're in the top 11 teams (because all the automatic bids will be ahead of a 9-3 state except for the G5 one). Hell, it might hurt us for bama and ugh to make the playoffs, because politically, putting wo SEC teams in the playoff may make the committee loathe to put a 9-3 state team in over a second Place team from the big 12 or the PAC twelve that is 9-3.

Dawgfan77
11-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Here are some games to watch today out side the sec and can affect our ranking. ISU at WVU, Clemson @ NCST, and bedlam. OU @ OSU.

BuckyIsAB****
11-04-2017, 10:16 AM
We would expose Michigan again. Not putting UGA and Bama in the playoff would be a joke IMO. If you think those 2 are not among the 4 best teams in the country its bc you just dont want 2 SEC teams in. If we want the 4 best teams you put those 2 in regardless of conference.