PDA

View Full Version : New private rebel board?

ghostofjackie
04-10-2013, 10:04 PM
What is it and who is there? I know it's the reason that Nafoom is dying a slow death, but what exactly is it.

War Machine Dawg
04-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Probably a place to coordinate all their attacks against MSU, if I had to guess. I'll give them this: as a fan base, they are on the same page in a way I'm not sure we'll ever be. It's why we can't pull away and bury them.

Coach34
04-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Probably a place to coordinate all their attacks against MSU, if I had to guess. I'll give them this: as a fan base, they are on the same page in a way I'm not sure we'll ever be. It's why we can't pull away and bury them.

They have multiple private boards and they absolutely coordinate stuff there. State people have private boards also- nature of the beast these days.

I agree with WMD that they are on the same page like in a way we will never be. Their fans are more into the "greatness of OM" than State fans are into the "greatness of State"

CadaverDawg
04-10-2013, 10:23 PM
What is it and who is there? I know it's the reason that Nafoom is dying a slow death, but what exactly is it.

Are there really these boards? Sounds really dumb to me. What do they do, sit around and talk about color coordination with their outfits while thinking everyone is dying to know where they went?

Not only that, but if it's the "reason Nafoom is dying", then wouldn't it basically just be the "new NAFOOM" that others just can't read? I just don't see why you would even want to do that, but I never look t NAFOOM anyway so I may have missed something. It's not like their AD and Freeze are members.

I like this Board's setup better than a "private board"....because I think it's funny that Rebel posters are reading this board right now, but couldn't say shit if they got offended by what we post. Best of both worlds.

CadaverDawg
04-10-2013, 10:26 PM
They have multiple private boards and they absolutely coordinate stuff there. State people have private boards also- nature of the beast these days.

I agree with WMD that they are on the same page like in a way we will never be. Their fans are more into the "greatness of OM" than State fans are into the "greatness of State"

If that's the case, and they truly are organizing stuff....I can see the benefits. But not sure what any of the nafoomers could have done to help with that.

engie
04-10-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm sure a few of their boards that no one knows about do alot of "organizing" and behind the scene stuff -- but many of them just created private boards in order to be "exclusive" -- despite doing nothing/bringing nothing to earn such exclusivity.

If you think about it, this is the most Ole Miss thing to do EVER.

ghostofjackie
04-10-2013, 10:52 PM
This^^^ I doubt the people on those private boards are "big alumni" getting together to talk about "big alumni" stuff.

I also wouldn't mind if the mods of this board waited another week or two and then cut it off to new members. I guess that would be "exclusive" and private. At least it would make people feel good. Sort of like being in an internet frat.

engie
04-10-2013, 11:01 PM
This^^^ I doubt the people on those private boards are "big alumni" getting together to talk about "big alumni" stuff.

Make no mistake -- this definitely happens. I just doubt the sites that are actually getting things done behind the scenes are stupid enough to have been easily discovered...

FlabLoser
04-10-2013, 11:06 PM
If anybody has any scoop on this that is better to not post publicly, PM me.

BeastMan
04-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Coach got threatened via pm and the guy said they were plotting his demise and trying to gather his private life info on these said boards. People want private boards, that's fine but I honestly don't see the huge need with group texting and apps like group me. If these OM private board folks figure out how to do Skype video conferencing, all their boards will die. It would feel like a multinational corporation bod video conference. That would be the most OM thing ever

War Machine Dawg
04-10-2013, 11:33 PM
I didn't say it was their "big alumni," Ghost. I just said it's probably a way for them to coordinate their shit. See XenaReb.

If there was one thing about them I'd swap, it's the unity of their fanbase. They're all in from Dickie Scruggs down to Joe Blow sidewalk alum and all pull the cart in the same direction. Meanwhile we bicker amongst ourselves and try to pull the cart 7 different directions. It really sickens me to think about. And that's the biggest reason they hated The Kang and hate Mullen: They brought/are bringing unity, albeit slowly & painfully, to our fractured fanbase.

Coach34
04-10-2013, 11:47 PM
And that's the biggest reason they hated The Kang and hate Mullen: They brought/are bringing unity, albeit slowly & painfully, to our fractured fanbase.

and that is why I get so damn pissed off at our fanbase. They let their Rebel friends **** with the heads and have them thinking Mullen is underachieving or has reached his ceiling. Mullen has us performing better than any coach we have ever had. And they are convincing some of our fans to act a fool to run him off or convince other fans he should be on the hotseat.

Other schools dont like State being a threat every season. They have seen us make shitty hires over the years- and are hoping we will make another. They dont want Mullen staying here and winning 6-7-8-9 games a season. They want the 3-9 Miss State back.

FlabLoser
04-11-2013, 07:19 AM
Rebels are unified in SOME admirable ways.

But Col Reb says pump the brakes on rebel unity sunshine. All that old south stuff has them divided and it is their school's biggest stumbling block.

FISHDAWG
04-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Nafoom is dying because they are all on SPS ... they get far more entertainment by trolling SPS then run back to Nafoom and congratulate themselves on how witty they were

biscuit
04-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Nafoom is dying because they are all on SPS ... they get far more entertainment by trolling SPS then run back to Nafoom and congratulate themselves on how witty they were

This.......

fishwater99
04-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Are you seeing Black Helicopters again?

I am not aware of any private boards for either school. There is coordination via email that I am aware of.
I will ask a few of my rebel buddies who's families are big donors this weekend and report back.

I seen it dawg
04-11-2013, 09:20 AM

I am not aware of any private boards for either school. There is coordination via email that I am aware of.
I will ask a few of my rebel buddies who's families are big donors this weekend and report back.

It's because you aren't on one and haven't been invited.

Coach34
04-11-2013, 09:25 AM

not at all...they exist for both schools

Engie busted Indybowlmainstay last year- guy had a ton of yuku posts but very few on SPS or Nafoom...and alot more posters just like him...and they arent posting on Star Trek boards and shit

SnakePlissken
04-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Their fans are more into the "greatness of OM" than State fans are into the "greatness of State" Nothing has ever been more truthful. Just look at a page like SixPack where its actually considered cool to run down a lot of things MSU.

elitedawgs
04-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Nothing has ever been more truthful. Just look at a page like SixPack where its actually considered cool to run down a lot of things MSU.

Truth

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Nothing has ever been more truthful. Just look at a page like SixPack where its actually considered cool to run down a lot of things MSU.
That's what happens when you sleep with the enemy and have a desire to be looked upon favorably by the ole miss business man...smh

Coach34
04-11-2013, 02:46 PM
That's what happens when you sleep with the enemy and have a desire to be looked upon favorably by the ole miss business man...smh

Well, you had Jeanspage that was overly homeristic- and Jean wouldnt allow anything else
Then Sixpack came along and took things to the extreme opposite

You can point out things not going right or problems you have- but that cant be all you do. I'm hoping we are able to find a happy medium here.

It's funny- 8-9 years ago people would bitch at me and ask if I was even a State fan. I was called a "closet Rebel" quite a few times. Now that our school does things alot better and I'm positive about those changes we made- suddenly I'm Mr Sunshine and a sheep