PDA

View Full Version : Rooting interest for this week?

Gomez09
11-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Who are we pulling for this weekend both in the conference and outside of the SEC that would help us out in the bowl pecking order?

Todd4State
11-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Alabama, Texas A&M, and Kentucky.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 11:56 AM

Those 3 and okie state, I just don?t like Oklahoma.

ETA I don?t like Tennessee but I?m rooting for them this week cause I don?t want to hear anything from usm fans.

RocketDawg
11-03-2017, 12:01 PM

Not sure A&M can beat Auburn, but Ala and UK should win.

starkvegasdawg
11-03-2017, 12:25 PM
I?m interested in the UK game to see if last week?s kick in the balls and the impending sanctions is enough for the sharts to mail in the rest of the season.

DawgPoundtheRock
11-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Those 3 and okie state, I just don?t like Oklahoma.

ETA I don?t like Tennessee but I?m rooting for them this week cause I don?t want to hear anything from usm fans.

You wouldn't say that if you lived in east Tennessee.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 12:38 PM
You wouldn't say that if you lived in east Tennessee.

Lol I hear ya! But these buzzard fans down here in south miss sure are annoying. I love East Tennessee, I go to Knoxville every 3 months on business. Love Gatlinburg! Beautiful country.

Todd4State
11-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Not sure A&M can beat Auburn, but Ala and UK should win.

That may be true but I'm rooting for A&M.

LC Dawg
11-03-2017, 01:07 PM
UK and LSU. I realize it would probably benefit us if Bama wins but I can't pull for those ****sticks. Plus, it's even more fun to see their sad fans in the stands after a loss than it is Ole Miss fans, just because it is always such a shock to those pricks. Reality is that it doesn't matter because Bama most likely wins by 20+. I also think Ole Miss loses by more than 20. They won't stop Kentucky and the Hawaiian qb came back to earth in the 2nd half last week.

Reason2succeed
11-03-2017, 01:28 PM
LSU all day. If LSU wins State could be in the West if we win out. Before you laugh Bama did not impress versus A&M and Colorado State. If we play our best game at home versus them we could pull it off. LSU has the talent if they can put it all together for one night.

Maroonthirteen
11-03-2017, 01:45 PM
Geaux Tigers
I hope the mildcats get wild
aTm to help with our route to ATL
Ok State just because they are a red headed step child as well.

Tbonewannabe
11-03-2017, 01:50 PM
LSU all day. If LSU wins State could be in the West if we win out. Before you laugh Bama did not impress versus A&M and Colorado State. If we play our best game at home versus them we could pull it off. LSU has the talent if they can put it all together for one night.

We just need A&M to beat AU and then AU to beat Bama to give them 2 losses. Then we go because of us being 5-1 in the West with Bama and A&M both having lost to us. This is purely a dream scenario. I realize to beat Bama we would have to get like 5 turnovers like UM did a few years ago and not giving it away ourselves.

DawgPoundtheRock
11-03-2017, 02:08 PM
Lol I hear ya! But these buzzard fans down here in south miss sure are annoying. I love East Tennessee, I go to Knoxville every 3 months on business. Love Gatlinburg! Beautiful country.

One of my brother-in-laws is a buzzard alum. I feel your pain.

I'm in Chattanooga and you're right about east TN. It is pretty country.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 02:13 PM
One of my brother-in-laws is a buzzard alum. I feel your pain.

I'm in Chattanooga and you're right about east TN. It is pretty country.

Yeah those buzzard fans are like those little lap dogs that constantly yapping. I?m gonna be in Knoxville and surrounding area all next week. I always seem to be going through Chattanooga when traffic is backed up
Lol

Jarius
11-03-2017, 02:29 PM
I realize the chance is microscopic, but if you are rooting for anything you need to root for LSU to beat BAMA. You can't think that LSU has a chance to beat BAMA on the road and not think that we could beat them at home. We beat LSU's ass by 30 points. If they can beat them so can we. If LSU beats BAMA we are still in play for the SEC title game. So root for LSU even though it's highly unlikely that they (or anyone else) will beat Alabama.

Reason2succeed
11-03-2017, 02:45 PM
We just need A&M to beat AU and then AU to beat Bama to give them 2 losses. Then we go because of us being 5-1 in the West with Bama and A&M both having lost to us. This is purely a dream scenario. I realize to beat Bama we would have to get like 5 turnovers like UM did a few years ago and not giving it away ourselves.

Sure but to me this is less likely. A&M being good enough to beat Auburn while Auburn can beat Bama is very unlikely.
Plus, it requires waiting to the end of the season for the Iron Bowl. I'd love to go into the Arkansas and OM game knowing that winning means a trip to Atl.

Reason2succeed
11-03-2017, 02:49 PM
Sure but to me this is less likely. A&M being good enough to beat Auburn while Auburn can beat Bama is very unlikely.
Plus, it requires waiting to the end of the season for the Iron Bowl. I'd love to go into the Arkansas and OM game knowing that winning means a trip to Atl.

Isn't it amazing how we think that everyone else has a better shot of beating Alabama then we do?

Tbonewannabe
11-03-2017, 02:54 PM
I realize the chance is microscopic, but if you are rooting for anything you need to root for LSU to beat BAMA. You can't think that LSU has a chance to beat BAMA on the road and not think that we could beat them at home. We beat LSU's ass by 30 points. If they can beat them so can we. If LSU beats BAMA we are still in play for the SEC title game. So root for LSU even though it's highly unlikely that they (or anyone else) will beat Alabama.

If LSU beats Bama then who will beat LSU again? They have Bama, Ark, UT, and A&M. If they beat Bama then LSU will be in the drivers seat for Atlanta with very winnable games down the stretch.

Jarius
11-03-2017, 02:58 PM
If LSU beats Alabama and we are playing for a potential shot at Atlanta next week (yea I know we would still need help but it would up the odds greatly), we will have people hanging from the light poles at Davis Wade next weekend. It would make us see that they are not a machine and can be beaten. I don't predict that, but it's what we need to hope for.

Jarius
11-03-2017, 02:59 PM
If LSU beats Bama then who will beat LSU again? They have Bama, Ark, UT, and A&M. If they beat Bama then LSU will be in the drivers seat for Atlanta with very winnable games down the stretch.

There is a much greater chance that LSU would lose 1 more game out of what they have left than Bama losing to anyone else this year. LSU has a ton of trouble with Arkansas every year. A&M has struggled with LSU but Sumlin is coaching for his job. The cookie monster is LSU's coach. He can find a way to mess anything up.

TUSK
11-03-2017, 03:27 PM

you didn't watch the Bammer/CSU game, did you?

Back Judge
11-03-2017, 03:33 PM
LSU will get picked ahead of us in the bowl pecking order if we have the same record. I hope they lose.

RocketDawg
11-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Yeah those buzzard fans are like those little lap dogs that constantly yapping. I?m gonna be in Knoxville and surrounding area all next week. I always seem to be going through Chattanooga when traffic is backed up
Lol

That's because traffic is always backed up for some reason. I guess it's because of all the traffic coming down I-24 from Nashville merging with the huge volume that travels I-75.

Reason2succeed
11-03-2017, 04:15 PM
you didn't watch the Bammer/CSU game, did you?

I watched it. Get your panties out of a bunch. CSU is not a good team. It’s not like Bama to give up that many points to a team like them at all. There is no excuse for A&M either.

RocketDawg
11-03-2017, 04:23 PM
LSU will get picked ahead of us in the bowl pecking order if we have the same record. I hope they lose.

They almost certainly will be if they beat Alabama, unless we beat them too.

TUSK
11-03-2017, 04:24 PM
I watched it. Get your panties out of a bunch. CSU is not a good team. It’s not like Bama to give up that many points to a team like them at all. There is no excuse for A&M either.

Oh, I agree, but let's not suggest that most of those points and a lot of time/yards were either meaningful or against the 1st/2nd teams...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a "box score" guy, too... But Bammer box scores will trick one, sometimes, because of several factors in blowouts....

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 04:55 PM
That's because traffic is always backed up for some reason. I guess it's because of all the traffic coming down I-24 from Nashville merging with the huge volume that travels I-75.

Man it?s awful. I?ve tried going through there at every time imaginable, early mid day, afternoon, evening and it?s ajways rough. Almost as bad as Atlanta lol

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Oh, I agree, but let's not suggest that most of those points and a lot of time/yards were either meaningful or against the 1st/2nd teams...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a "box score" guy, too... But Bammer box scores will trick one, sometimes, because of several factors in blowouts....

If Miles couldn?t beat Saban ogre sure ain?t.

TUSK
11-03-2017, 05:20 PM
If Myles couldn?t beat Saban ogre sure ain?t.

are you sayin: "Miles > Orge"?

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 05:24 PM
are you sayin: "Miles > Orge"?

Well now I guess I am lol