PDA

View Full Version : Florida Destined to Make a Terrible Hire?

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2017, 11:07 AM
I just find this amazing considering the resumes of each coach. I guess Florida fans see the writing on the wall with Mullen

Grasshopper & his bosses may make a good hire, but it is just amazing to me how little perspective the Florida fans have.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNuE5n9W4AAGDA2.jpg:large

msstate7
11-03-2017, 11:14 AM
If I were a Florida fan, I would pursue these guys in order: bob stoops, gundy, Fuente. If they all turned me down, I would interview fleck, venables, and Frost... decide between them

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2017, 11:16 AM
If I were a Florida fan, I would pursue these guys in order: bob stoops, gundy, Fuente. If they all turned me down, I would interview fleck, venables, and Frost... decide between them

Agree

It's not that I don't think Frost could be a hell of a coach at Florida. It's that with Florida's resources why would you hire someone with such little experience, track record, & has never been in the SEC?

Sure, he could win multiple nattys, but it just seems like an incredible immature decision if it comes to pass.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 11:16 AM
I have some friends close to the Baseball program at uf and they seem to want Scott Frost pretty bad. At least that?s the rumor running through the athletic dept. Who knows? I think it?s funny watching them squirm a little

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2017, 11:19 AM
I think Tennessee lands Chip Kelly.

I don't think Florida will offer him due to the past show cause, but I don't think Tennessee cares at this point about having any morality in who they hire.

I fully expect Tennessee to hire Kelly or Petrino.

After years of regression I don't think they care anymore. Hell..... if Freeze doesn't get a show cause, I wouldn't shocked if Tennessee goes after him as well.

msstate7
11-03-2017, 11:25 AM

I don't think Florida will offer him due to the past show cause, but I don't think Tennessee cares at this point about having any morality in who they hire.

After years of regression I don't think they care anymore. Hell..... if Freeze doesn't get a show cause, I wouldn't shocked if Tennessee goes after him as well.

Tenn could do a lot worse than Petrino and kelly. Petrino cannot let his pride get the best of him on a DC hire again though... I truly think he was so mad at grantham wanting out, he was gonna show grantham that he could win with who grantham was replacing.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 11:26 AM

That?s a major reason I don?t see ut going after Dan. The money people are super frustrated up there and I think they look to make a splash with a BIG name. They don?t care about baggage at this point.

Of course they?ve screwed up the last 3 lol

MetEdDawg
11-03-2017, 11:45 AM
If you had posed the same question to UF fans 3 years ago and had the name Jim McElwain in place of Scott Frost, I would bet the results would have looked the exact same. See how that turned out.

McElwain was a guarantee to be successful because he was a Saban disciple. Asking fans on social media what they want as a head coach and using that to bolster your argument is pretty stupid if you ask me.

TrapGame
11-03-2017, 11:52 AM
There are deeper issues at Florida. McElwain just didn't all of a sudden turn into a shitty coach. He was pretty good at Colorado State.

Whoever they hire will have their hands full.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 11:54 AM
There are deeper issues at Florida. McElwain just didn't all of a sudden turn into a shitty coach. He was pretty good at Colorado State.

Whoever they hire will have their hands full.

Truth! To many chiefs not enough Indians.

Todd4State
11-03-2017, 01:02 PM
I'm guessing Florida knows who they are hiring at this point or they are complete idiots for running off a reasonably successful coach in McElwain. Scott wouldn't have handled Dan like he handled McElwain and Dan and Scott didn't always get along.

I think they hire Bob Stoops because of the timing of Stoops resignation and his connections to Spurrier. Hiring Frost because they are afraid he will end up at Nebraska doesn't make a lot of sense to me because there are good coaching prospects every year. It would be shortsighted at best.

I could see Tennessee getting Kelly if Gruden doesn't steal their money first.

Dawg61
11-03-2017, 01:20 PM

Oh man now Florida gonna boycott cause you said that**

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 01:29 PM
Oh man now Florida gonna boycott cause you said that**

I?m part Cherokee does that help?****

Maroonthirteen
11-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Frost would be a temp hire for Florida. Frost would leave as soon as Nebraska came open.

TrapGame
11-03-2017, 01:48 PM
Frost would be a temp hire for Florida. Frost would leave as soon as Nebraska came open.

That would be so Florida right now.

Tbonewannabe
11-03-2017, 01:58 PM

How many Pac12 jobs will be open and does Chip go there instead?

LC Dawg
11-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Tenn could do a lot worse than Petrino and kelly. Petrino cannot let his pride get the best of him on a DC hire again though... I truly think he was so mad at grantham wanting out, he was gonna show grantham that he could win with who grantham was replacing.

I'm not sold on Petrino being successful at Tennessee. He hasn't had to deal with a fan base that unrealistically expects to be national champions each year. He was the hero at Louisville and Arkansas because he raised the level of play so much. If things don't go well at Tennesse for a period of time I could see him butting heads with fans and administration because its obvious he doesn't always make good decisions in relation to his career. He's also not lost less than 4 games in any season during his latest stint at Louisville and one of those years he had the Heisman winner.

Madisonmd
11-03-2017, 02:17 PM
Here is a prediction, Chip Kelly will never coach college football again. WAT TOO MUCH baggage!

RocketDawg
11-03-2017, 04:37 PM

Cultural appropriation. **

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 04:47 PM

There?s a phrase you don?t here everyday lol. I?m filing that one away for future use.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-03-2017, 04:47 PM

It could get you a promotion at Harvard Law School and an inside shot for Senator of Massachusetts, regardless if you are remotely Native American. What a country!

TUSK
11-03-2017, 04:54 PM

yes, it does... you are incapable of being racist, I'm happy to report!*

PassInterference
11-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Stoops retired from coaching. His call. He is not going to apply for a coaching job.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 05:09 PM
yes, it does... you are incapable of being racist, I'm happy to report!*

Wow thanks! I didn?t know that! I shall use my new found power with impunity!******

My maternal grandmother was full blooded Cherokee, my paternal great grandmother full blooded Choctaw.

Spiderman
11-03-2017, 06:46 PM

Ever noticed that everybody that says they have some Indian in them always claims Cherokee? Never Choctaw, Seminole, Sioux, Crow, or Blackfeet.

Except Commerce Comet.

Just something I've noticed.

msstate7
11-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Stoops retired from coaching. His call. He is not going to apply for a coaching job.

Urban agrees you never come back

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Ever noticed that everybody that says they have some Indian in them always claims Cherokee? Never Choctaw, Seminole, Sioux, Crow, or Blackfeet.

Except Commerce Comet.

Just something I've noticed.

Yep got some Cherokee, Choctaw and whole lot of redneck lol

Dawg61
11-03-2017, 07:20 PM

Everyone should kneel during the mac n cheese passing at Thanksgiving dinner to bring attention to this injustice

TUSK
11-03-2017, 07:24 PM
I'm like 3/4 'neck and 1/4 white trash....

RocketDawg
11-03-2017, 07:43 PM
There?s a phrase you don?t here everyday lol. I?m filing that one away for future use.

Actually, it's fairly popular amongs the snowflakes nowadays. I'd never heard it until a week or so ago when I read a story where some young mother was on a forum that at the time was discussing Halloween costumes. She was worried because her daughter wanted to go as Moana (apparently a Polynesian princess in some movie or kids' cartoon) and she was afraid it was "cultural appropriation" since she was white. I gather the definition is when a white person temporarily assumes the culture or habits of another race or culture, which apparently is taboo. Up until reading that I thought I'd heard everything but apparently was mistaken.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 08:08 PM
Actually, it's fairly popular amongs the snowflakes nowadays. I'd never heard it until a week or so ago when I read a story where some young mother was on a forum that at the time was discussing Halloween costumes. She was worried because her daughter wanted to go as Moana (apparently a Polynesian princess in some movie or kids' cartoon) and she was afraid it was "cultural appropriation" since she was white. I gather the definition is when a white person temporarily assumes the culture or habits of another race or culture, which apparently is taboo. Up until reading that I thought I'd heard everything but apparently was mistaken.

Holeee crap! I thought I?d heard everything until now too! Geez! Interesting world we are living in now!

My wife just told me she read that same story!

ETA so is Eminem doing cultural appropriation ******

Commercecomet24
11-03-2017, 08:13 PM
Everyone should kneel during the mac n cheese passing at Thanksgiving dinner to bring attention to this injustice

I concur