PDA

View Full Version : 2018 BB recruit Jairus Hamilton announcing this weekend

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-03-2017, 09:05 AM
Paul CB'd him to the good guys! If Howland and Co. pull this off Maryland fans are going to be blind-sided.

Bothrops
11-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Wow this is great!!!

MSUDAWGFAN
11-03-2017, 11:17 AM
They are (not) literally swimming to the boat!!

msstate7
11-03-2017, 11:21 AM
If it happens, Woodard out?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-03-2017, 11:28 AM
If it happens, Woodard out?

Probably. But it is on him. What are we supposed to do stop recruiting and wait him out? Nope.

msstate7
11-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Probably. But it is on him. What are we supposed to do stop recruiting and wait him out? Nope.

I just one of the 2. Don?t care which really... well I suppose if they?re close to equal, I would rather have the miss kid

WSOPdawg
11-03-2017, 11:43 AM
I just one of the 2. Don?t care which really... well I suppose if they?re close to equal, I would rather have the miss kid

But if the MS kid continues to strings along (despite being a legacy "Dog"), what is Howland supposed to do? Either he's coming on board or he's not. I like the move of offering (and accepting) Hamilton.

msstate7
11-03-2017, 11:45 AM
But if the MS kid continues to strings along (despite being a legacy "Dog"), what is Howland supposed to do? Either he's coming on board or he's not. I like the move of offering (and accepting) Hamilton.

No problem with it. Just saying if all things equal, rather have local kid. If one is willing and the other isn?t, all things aren?t equal

Ifyouonlyknew
11-03-2017, 11:52 AM
You get Hamilton & focus on 2019.

WSOPdawg
11-03-2017, 12:07 PM
No problem with it. Just saying if all things equal, rather have local kid. If one is willing and the other isn?t, all things aren?t equal

Yep, agree -- we definitely can't say the MS kid hasn't been given an opportunity to join.

BiscuitEater
11-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Yep, agree -- we definitely can't say the MS kid hasn't been given an opportunity to join.

Exactly.. I got the fact, he wants to go on trips BUT he would still be able to do that if he COMMITTED. Since he won't commit and is waiting until the spring to sign, I have no problem signing someone as good or better.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Exactly.. I got the fact, he wants to go on trips BUT he would still be able to do that if he COMMITTED. Since he won't commit and is waiting until the spring to sign, I have no problem signing someone as good or better.

Hamilton is better IMO or at least has a higher ceiling. I watched his film and really like his toughness.

MCsMGs
11-03-2017, 01:36 PM

Me too...If they are even close, I would prefer a local, legacy player. The seats filled in The Hump are a huge intangible for the team. Tyson had a BIG section filled with locals last night and the value of that cannot be dismissed.

Having said that, It is concerning that a local legacy hasn't committed and we certainly don't want to lose momentum on the recruiting side. So...If RW won't commit and Hamilton will, I say take the bird in hand and go to the bank.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Me too...If they are even close, I would prefer a local, legacy player. The seats filled in The Hump are a huge intangible for the team. Tyson had a BIG section filled with locals last night and the value of that cannot be dismissed.

Having said that, It is concerning that a local legacy hasn't committed and we certainly don't want to lose momentum on the recruiting side. So...If RW won't commit and Hamilton will, I say take the bird in hand and go to the bank.

I have a feeling we'll see another transfer in the off-season. I know Eli Wright was almost gone after last season so it could be him. I am not basing this off of any inside info or nothing I just have a feeling. IF that happens we could still get Woodard

CarolinaDawgs
11-03-2017, 01:44 PM
I hope he commits. Would be worth going to a HS basketball game this year to see a future Dawg.

KentuckyDawg13
11-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Is Woodard a grade situation? Thus the delay?

Dawg61
11-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Eli looks to be getting a significant uptick in minutes this year so I doubt he transfers.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-03-2017, 02:00 PM
Is Woodard a grade situation? Thus the delay?

No his grades are fine

MarketingBully
11-03-2017, 02:21 PM

I get what you are saying but Hamilton has a much higher ceiling than Woodard does IMO. Hamilton has the full package and more importantly he is in the 6’8” range and has the length you need to be succesful on the wing. I think Woodard will be a great college player but Hamilton could be a star in the NBA with the right development.

MarketingBully
11-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Woodard doesn’t have any tape that looks like this and this was against Oak Hill last year...

https://youtu.be/6Q5JBD47wDU

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-03-2017, 07:04 PM
Hopefully Rivals is wrong on all accounts.....has us losing out on both.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/how-things-stand-with-the-top-10-available-wings

MCsMGs
11-03-2017, 07:54 PM
Anyone know anything about the Ohmar factor with RW? It seems like I read here a while back that he had some sort of influence with RW...is that in play with his recruitment? Would that explain his hesitancy to commit? How involved is RW's father with him?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Anyone know anything about the Ohmar factor with RW? It seems like I read here a while back that he had some sort of influence with RW...is that in play with his recruitment? Would that explain his hesitancy to commit? How involved is RW's father with him?

Speaking of Omhar Carter. I wonder if he has any ties to Jaemyn Brakefield 2020 recruit at Huntington Prep. I think he is from Jackson. Number 2 overall player in the nation.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-03-2017, 08:49 PM

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/how-things-stand-with-the-top-10-available-wings

They have Woodard with a higher chance than Hamilton of signing in the early period. Wth? Rivals is trash.

MarketingBully
11-03-2017, 09:33 PM

Rivals sucks.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-03-2017, 10:05 PM

Woodard doesn't play for Ohmar

Dawg61
11-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Speaking of Omhar Carter. I wonder if he has any ties to Jaemyn Brakefield 2020 recruit at Huntington Prep. I think he is from Jackson. Number 2 overall player in the nation.

Great this looks like a fun thread topic coming up in the future

MarketingBully
11-04-2017, 12:43 AM
Woodard doesn't play for Ohmar

Isn’t Woodard being coached this year by Q’s and Nick W’s old high school coach?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Isn’t Woodard being coached this year by Q’s and Nick W’s old high school coach?

Yep

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Great this looks like a fun thread topic coming up in the future

Probably not because we have a better chance of getting DJ Jeffries than Brakefield