PDA

View Full Version : Jon Gruden

fader2103
11-02-2017, 08:37 PM
I saw a report that he is the leading candidate for Tenn. (no surprise there) and also the Tampa Bay Bucs job if that one comes open. That was eye popping. Sorry if this has been mentioned already this week. I have been busy.

RocketDawg
11-02-2017, 08:43 PM
I saw a report that he is the leading candidate for Tenn. (no surprise there) and also the Tampa Bay Bucs job if that one comes open. That was eye popping. Sorry if this has been mentioned already this week. I have been busy.

Haven't heard the Tampa Bay part. I'd be surprised if he went to Tennessee, but would be totally shocked if he returned to Tampa Bay.

msstate7
11-02-2017, 08:43 PM
I would not take either if I were him. He has it made

RocketDawg
11-02-2017, 08:48 PM
I would not take either if I were him. He has it made

Yeah ... he works about 4 hours a week, 16 or 17 weeks a year. And no pressure (other than being emplyed by ESPN, which can be a little rocky, especially for the high $ guys). I've heard he makes about $6.5M. Using those work numbers (cynically, of course), he makes over $80K/hr. :)

I like Gruden though. I think he does a good job on MNF.

msstate7
11-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Yeah ... he works about 4 hours a week, 16 or 17 weeks a year. And no pressure (other than being emplyed by ESPN, which can be a little rocky, especially for the high $ guys). I've heard he makes about $6.5M. Using those work numbers (cynically, of course), he makes over $80K/hr. :)

I like Gruden though. I think he does a good job on MNF.

Not even mentioning hooters, coors, and the tire commercials

LC Dawg
11-02-2017, 08:57 PM
But his wife was a cheerleader at Tennessee so it?s a lock that he wants to be their coach.***

drummerdawg
11-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Never really understood all the love for this guy. He actually has a pretty bad overall coaching record and has been out of coaching for over a decade. Things have changed since he's coached, especially at the college level.

Commercecomet24
11-02-2017, 09:13 PM
IMO Gruden would be a bust in college. He?s a west coast offense guy and that doesn?t play well in cfb. Also he hasn?t been in the college game in forever and he?s not gonna kiss boosters or recruits butts like those folks at ut want. I think Gruden in cfb is a bad fit. JMO

Todd4State
11-03-2017, 12:42 AM
Never really understood all the love for this guy. He actually has a pretty bad overall coaching record and has been out of coaching for over a decade. Things have changed since he's coached, especially at the college level.

He has a good personality that translates well on TV and it's obvious that he knows football at a high level. That doesn't mean you can coach at a high level.

Todd4State
11-03-2017, 12:46 AM
IMO Gruden would be a bust in college. He?s a west coast offense guy and that doesn?t play well in cfb. Also he hasn?t been in the college game in forever and he?s not gonna kiss boosters or recruits butts like those folks at ut want. I think Gruden in cfb is a bad fit. JMO

I think he would run a spread at Tennessee. Or probably a spread offense with West Coast concepts to be more specific. If I was a Tennessee fan my concern would be him coaching just for "something to do" because he is set no matter what. I'm not sure what kind of coaching connections he has after being out of the NFL for almost 10 years and not having been in the college game since 1991. Tennessee will probably go with the "Lane Kiffen set-up"- get a couple of coordinators that know what they are doing and are good play callers and then the rest of the staff are guys that can recruit well.

msbulldog
11-03-2017, 06:13 AM
I wish they would hire him and shut this Mullen to Tenn talk up.