PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi State reveals blackout unis for Saturday

BulldogBites15
11-02-2017, 02:25 PM
What are your thoughts? I've never been a big fan of the black unis and didn't like the silver helmet last year, but think it will look good with the silver numbers and (too big) logo on pants.
http://trumaroontakeover.com/2017/11/02/mississippi-state-reveals-uniforms-for-umass/

BrunswickDawg
11-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Jerseys are nice. The pants I could do without. I like the silver helmet but think this would look better with maroon.

bulldawg989
11-02-2017, 02:46 PM
The last time we wore this combo (with the maroon helmet)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adG_RrPR408

JoseBrown
11-02-2017, 02:52 PM
I’m always a fan of lighter colored pants, but those don’t look bad to me with the silver helmets(matte I hope). I wonder if we get a special Saturday on our jerseys being tight?

Dawgology
11-02-2017, 02:54 PM
Beat pump up video this year actually lol

RunDog26
11-02-2017, 03:00 PM
We always seem to play like Shiite in these black uni's. I don't care as long as we win; but my preference would be a Maroon-out.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2017, 03:01 PM
I like them but I am not exactly one of the fashion police.

raymond21
11-02-2017, 03:04 PM
Not a fan

BulldogBites15
11-02-2017, 03:21 PM
My biggest knock is the abnormally large pants logo. I'm not the biggest fan of blackout games, but these may be the best ones yet. Just hope this is the last time we see the silver helmet, although it does look good with this combo.

BulldogDX55
11-02-2017, 03:24 PM
We always seem to play like Shiite in these black uni's. I don't care as long as we win; but my preference would be a Maroon-out.

Worked fine against A&M last year.

RocketDawg
11-02-2017, 03:25 PM
What do I think about it? I wish we'd stop this crap and just wear our regular home uniforms. And the video was so dark that it was hard to tell what they looked like.

redstickdawg
11-02-2017, 03:34 PM
What do I think about it? I wish we'd stop this crap and just wear our regular home uniforms. And the video was so dark that it was hard to tell what they looked like.

Maybe I am an old fart, but these are my thoughts also.

Bodaski
11-02-2017, 03:40 PM

Not true! Last year we romped on Texas A&M in the all black at home. I remember Fitz took the 1st offensive play to the house to a tune of 75 yds.

Reason2succeed
11-02-2017, 03:41 PM

If the point of a reveal video is to show what the uniforms look like then that reveal video sucked.

pscf3
11-02-2017, 04:01 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNp3KEeVoAEiAM9.jpg:large

Mjoelner34
11-02-2017, 04:03 PM
What do I think about it? I wish we'd stop this crap and just wear our regular home uniforms.

Me too! And that crap about "recruits love it" is a bunch of BS! Show me ONE recruit we've ever signed because we wore black uniforms. I won't hold my breath waiting.

Jack Lambert
11-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Maybe I am an old fart, but these are my thoughts also.

Johnny Cash disagrees.

BulldogBear
11-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Jerseys are nice. The pants I could do without. I like the silver helmet but think this would look better with maroon.
Not generally a fan but if we're gonna do it wear a maroon helmet. Black even. At least it's not white.

Yeah, the video sucked. Put some light on the uni if you want me to see it. I kinda had to guess what it looked like.

KOdawg1
11-02-2017, 04:17 PM
our colors are mahroon and whiiite!!! ***

I don't mind them honestly

Dawgology
11-02-2017, 04:21 PM
I swear....sometimes it's like reading a forum populated by nursing home residents....

Just kidding you old farts.

But seriously. I dig the uniforms this weekend. Recruits do love them. One in particular that told me this was Kylin Hill last year. So there's that. He may not have chosen State strictly because of the uni's but it didn't hurt either.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2017, 05:34 PM
I hate the black uni's so I am thankful we are wearing them against UMASS so not as many people will see them.

Dawg61
11-02-2017, 05:50 PM
We are in a partnership with Adidas guys. They like selling Adidas shit so we need to be good partners and help them do exactly that. In return they give MSU like $18 million dollars and a shit load of Adidas equipment/merch. Oh yea they also gave us our basketball coach. Enough with the bitching already. We aren't Alabama that can wear the same boring ass uniform every weekend.

AusTexDawg
11-02-2017, 05:59 PM
Love the silver helmets, but would prefer them with the maroon jersey. As far as I'm concerned, either the helmet or the jersey should always be maroon, at a minimum. The only exception is if there's a blizzard coming and we're the designated road team.

If we're going to do the giant M-State on the pants (which we should avoid), this is one of the better versions.

DanDority
11-02-2017, 06:03 PM
During the Maroon White cheer before the game are we going to have the North end zone cheer Black? Just kidding.
BTW, I hate them!

Dawgtini
11-02-2017, 06:20 PM
I like them. They look good and the helmet is sharp.

Natedogg33
11-02-2017, 06:35 PM
I've never understood the complaining about uniforms. I think they look good and I like changing things up. I mentally get the picture of someone on their 15th year of a Madden franchise that bitches about uniforms. Geez almighty.

BayouDawg
11-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Why we gotta wear all these crazy darn uniforms? we's is maron and whit!

And get off my lawn!

Sorry I couldn't resist. I like the unis

RocketDawg
11-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Love the silver helmets, but would prefer them with the maroon jersey. As far as I'm concerned, either the helmet or the jersey should always be maroon, at a minimum. The only exception is if there's a blizzard coming and we're the designated road team.

If we're going to do the giant M-State on the pants (which we should avoid), this is one of the better versions.

It wasn't a blizzard, but the all white worked out pretty good in the "Snow Bowl" a few years ago. I don't think Texas A&M players could see our guys any better than I could from the stands.

RocketDawg
11-02-2017, 07:02 PM
I've got to admit that the crazy "alternate" uniforms don't bother me as much as they did the first time we had them, but I hope it doesn't lead to something totally ludicrous like Florida had a couple weeks ago.

gravedigger
11-02-2017, 07:11 PM
I swear....sometimes it's like reading a forum populated by nursing home residents....

Just kidding you old farts.

But seriously. I dig the uniforms this weekend. Recruits do love them. One in particular that told me this was Kylin Hill last year. So there's that. He may not have chosen State strictly because of the uni's but it didn't hurt either.

I think the sentiment most are looking for is this:

A school that is illogically stuck on the same old same old for tradition sake is probably a school not worth playing for unless they are bama notre dame or the like.

If not, change you look on occasion. This is the right game to do it. Traditional opponents are not.

NCDawg
11-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Not a fan

Ditto.

Goldendawg
11-02-2017, 07:42 PM
Blackout uni's for an 11 A.M. game just don't do it!

Goldendawg
11-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Ok guys, help me out. My son has a black #15 replica jersey for Sat. I can only choose from the following back tee's, KISS (1996), Aerosmith Whitesnake (1987, way too tight now!), Ted Nugent (1986 - see info on Whitesnake), or ZZ Top (2015 at the Hump - 16 year old son's). What should I wear? Want to fit in a little. Hail State (and classic rock)!

RocketDawg
11-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Ok guys, help me out. My son has a black #15 replica jersey for Sat. I can only choose from the following back tee's, KISS (1996), Aerosmith Whitesnake (1987, way too tight now!), Ted Nugent (1986 - see info on Whitesnake), or ZZ Top (2015 at the Hump - 16 year old son's). What should I wear? Want to fit in a little. Hail State (and classic rock)!

Go to Wal Mart and buy a black Dickies tee shirt. $10. And it's going to be pretty hot so a tee shirt is all you need.

Dawg61
11-02-2017, 08:46 PM

Whitesnake cause I wanna include this video in my post and I want you to put on that tight shirt and embarrass yourself in front of your son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyF8RHM1OCg

Goldendawg
11-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Hey Dawg 61, show you we still rock. I do not subscribe to the Tupelo UNM Journal, but my 80 year old Bulldawg Mother still does. Alice Cooper is one of my favs. I didn't even know he was coming to Tupelo this past April until my Mom told me about it (she thought it was Kiss). Took my son and one of my best friends ( doctor, UM grad but great guy) to the show. My sister and bro in law sat with us. I put on the Whitesnake (belly shirt! now) as a joke before the show. Everyone thought time had done me in for about 75 extra lbs since '87, but had a good laugh! Can't wear his new Alice shirt either, it's white with a lot of red and blue ( says "Don't blame me, I voted for Alice", but we are Trump fans also). Guess I'll buy black t at Fulton Walmart Sat on the way to the game. Hail State!

preachermatt83
11-02-2017, 09:52 PM
Those helmets are legit!!

Goldendawg
11-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Wish the reveal film clip hadn't been so dark. Being an NFL Raider fan (Oakland, LA, Oakland, and soon to be Las Vegas), I think I like these but wish it was for a night game!

Todd4State
11-03-2017, 12:35 AM
I'm OK with wearing black once a year. I think I like the 2015 vesion the best of all of them. If I were picking it out we would wear the black uniforms with either a maroon or black helmet.

RunDog26
11-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Looking good. **

parabrave
11-04-2017, 12:45 PM
We should just wear them against bama, along with the white helmets, since we are going to lose against them anyway.

RocketDawg
11-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Those helmets are legit!!

Yeah, I like the helmets. Jerseys are OK too. The black britches are awful though.

Bothrops
11-04-2017, 03:32 PM
A fan. They look cool.