PDA

View Full Version : 5 reasons why Alabama covers vs OM this Saturday

Coach34
09-26-2013, 09:22 AM
1. Bama is going to be more physical then them- people forget OM lost their best offensive linemen. A&M not only had Manziel, not only had that beast of a WR, but also have two high round draft picks on the OL and 4 and 5-star RB's. OM has some talent on their O and runs a good scheme-but they arent remotely close to A&M talent-wise on O. Bama's DL will be a huge factor.

2. Bama can play more games in the Secondary because they dont have to worry about Sunshine running like they did Johnny SoapOpera.

3. Good 3-4 teams give the OM offense some problems. Georgia last year was a good example- 234 yards. Bama held them to just over 200 yards last year. It's not just that those teams were good- it's the 3-4 matches up well with what Freezus is trying to do. It will be interesting to watch what Freezus is going to do differently to try and get the run game going vs that 3 man front. LSU had a really good front also- but they played a 4-man front. Big difference.

4. Home team energy. Bama treated the game last year vs OM like they did Colorado State last week- get up big and then coast. Run the clock and get out of there injury free. That wont be the case this year. Like last year when we stepped in there 7-0- we got Bama's best. OM gonna get Bama's best Saturday as well.

5. Bama WR's vs OM Secondary- Huge advantage for the Tide. Play action, Safeties step up, BOOM. Cooper scores.

Barking 13
09-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Coach, there's also Norwood... and Jones

deltadawg99
09-26-2013, 09:27 AM
I think OM plays with them for a while, but I think Bama's depth and talent shows as the game goes on.

Wallace has done a much better job this year of managing the game and taking what the defense gives you, but he also hasn't faced a team with the talent and speed of Bama. It'll be interesting to see how he does when he gets hit a few times and/or turns the ball over.

I think OM's young defense is going to be in for a rude awakening facing Bama. Bama has an explosive offense with a stud running back that can move the pile.

CJDAWG85
09-26-2013, 09:32 AM
I think Wallace gets hurt.

Original48
09-26-2013, 09:43 AM
6. Alabama's next 5 weeks are Georgia St, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee and OPEN. They will be focused on Ole Miss and their hype Saturday.

Dawgfan77
09-26-2013, 09:43 AM
OM DL does not play good technique it maybe due to youth or bad coaching epecially the DE Position. Seems to me that Robert shoots up field to much or tries to bull rush. All the tackle has to do is extends him outside, this should allow RB to go for a huge gain on carrys or sweeps. Also Womack historically has struggled in year two ie GT and Ark

Goat Holder
09-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Agreed. This is a game Alabama views as a chance to make a statement.

Just like us last year.

Jack Lambert
09-26-2013, 09:59 AM
I will put all my Vcash on it if that's one of the games.

FlabLoser
09-26-2013, 10:26 AM
OM is going to be dominated by the law firm of Yeldon, Cooper, and McCarron.

PMDawg
09-26-2013, 11:22 AM
The main reason I think they'll stay in it is b/c Freeze and co. aren't afraid to gamble and they don't play to not get blown out. He won't start chewing on his playsheet (or a tree trunk) if they get down. He'll call an onside kick, a fake punt, an end around to Nkemdiche with a pass option or some other crazy gadget play to try to keep them in the game. He knows he can't beat them straight up and he'll have a bunch of tricks up his sleeve. He won't leave them game with them in his back pocket either. Bama's defense is not looking that great this year. I think Bama will run over, around, and through the OM defense, but I think OM can score enough to stay in it too.

Barking 13
09-26-2013, 11:24 AM
OM is going to be dominated by the law firm of Yeldon, Cooper, and McCarron.

:cool:

notsofarawaydawg
09-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Well we all know that OM hasn't shown over half their playbook in the first three games. They have saved all the secret stuff for Bama.

mic
09-26-2013, 12:46 PM
I will be in Vegas on Friday - Sunday. anyone want to wire me some $$ and lay the wood like I am with Bama send it on..

TopDog58
09-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Guys why all the obsession with Mississippi? This is why we can't win big games. Our fans should be concentrating on LSU!**

blacklistedbully
09-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Bama gonna roll, hard & fast. Gonna make Ole Miss look like Troy.

dawgs
09-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Guys why all the obsession with Mississippi? This is why we can't win big games. Our fans should be concentrating on LSU!**

there's football this weekend? sorry i was too busy studying lsu film so when i talk to dan i can give him some tips.

BulldogDX55
09-26-2013, 05:02 PM
there's football this weekend? sorry i was too busy studying lsu film so when i talk to dan i can give him some tips.

Someone does not know about sarcasterisks.

Coach34
09-28-2013, 10:19 PM
1. Bama is going to be more physical then them- people forget OM lost their best offensive linemen. A&M not only had Manziel, not only had that beast of a WR, but also have two high round draft picks on the OL and 4 and 5-star RB's. OM has some talent on their O and runs a good scheme-but they arent remotely close to A&M talent-wise on O. Bama's DL will be a huge factor.

2. Bama can play more games in the Secondary because they dont have to worry about Sunshine running like they did Johnny SoapOpera.

3. Good 3-4 teams give the OM offense some problems. Georgia last year was a good example- 234 yards. Bama held them to just over 200 yards last year. It's not just that those teams were good- it's the 3-4 matches up well with what Freezus is trying to do. It will be interesting to watch what Freezus is going to do differently to try and get the run game going vs that 3 man front. LSU had a really good front also- but they played a 4-man front. Big difference.

4. Home team energy. Bama treated the game last year vs OM like they did Colorado State last week- get up big and then coast. Run the clock and get out of there injury free. That wont be the case this year. Like last year when we stepped in there 7-0- we got Bama's best. OM gonna get Bama's best Saturday as well.

5. Bama WR's vs OM Secondary- Huge advantage for the Tide. Play action, Safeties step up, BOOM. Cooper scores.

I got 4 out of 5- that aint bad- disappointed in Bama's offense though

DownwardDawg
09-28-2013, 10:20 PM

That aren't the best in the West!

Todd4State
09-28-2013, 11:05 PM

Really, all Bama wasn't able to do was throw it deep. Also, I think if their defense had gotten one or two more turnovers like they were very close to doing- the score would have been worse.

Why is the 3-4 such a problem for their offense vs. the 4-3? Is it because you have in theory more speed with the linebackers in the 3-4, or is it because of the even vs. odd front and the Ole Miss o-line? Or is it something else?

SPMT
09-28-2013, 11:22 PM
Cooper isn't running the right routes and the oline isn't on the same page, nonetheless Yeldon and Drake both blast them for over 7 yards per carry.

They will only get better.