PDA

View Full Version : The Ethics of Corporate Lying

Reason2succeed
11-02-2017, 08:51 AM
Can someone explain why anyone would believe a word out of politicians/corporate or school administrators mouths? In the wake of Ross Bjork's lies Stricklin has a press conference before the firing of Teeth at Florida and blatantly lies saying they were not looking to fire him. I don't understand how these people are seen as trustworthy in any area of life if their job is to look people straight in the face and lie so blatantly. Someone help me out because I really don't understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF_GK9QMHFo

Behrdawg
11-02-2017, 08:56 AM
I dont think anyone can argue with this. I totally see your point.

Duckdog
11-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Man, striklin is coming off as a real Douche! Maybe thats why he left Dan told folks Strick needs to go or I will.

Uncivilengineer
11-02-2017, 09:22 AM
"All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don’t break them for no one." -- Tony Montana

turkish
11-02-2017, 09:39 AM
I have a real problem with this, too. Good post.

Reason2succeed
11-02-2017, 09:47 AM
Why even come out and make a statement beforehand if he knew they were about to can the guy? If I were a parent of a Gator student athlete I would be concerned that I might not be getting the truth out of the administration concerning my son or daughter.. It start with this and ends with Penn State and Baylor.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2017, 09:52 AM
"All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don’t break them for no one." -- Tony Montana

Words to live by, lol.

RocketDawg
11-02-2017, 09:52 AM
Why didn't Stricklin have his top button buttoned?

Johnson85
11-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Can someone explain why anyone would believe a word out of politicians/corporate or school administrators mouths? In the wake of Ross Bjork's lies Stricklin has a press conference before the firing of Teeth at Florida and blatantly lies saying they were not looking to fire him. I don't understand how these people are seen as trustworthy in any area of life if their job is to look people straight in the face and lie so blatantly. Someone help me out because I really don't understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF_GK9QMHFo

There are a lot of social and business norms regarding "lies" like this. I would say that an Athletic Directors public pledge of support of an embattled coach can't even be a lie at this point, because nobody can reasonably claim to be misled by it.
It's basically a ritual at this point and the content of the communication is simply the fact that the statement is released, not the words in the statement.

BrunswickDawg
11-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Why didn't Stricklin have his top button buttoned?

You can't live in FL humidity and keep that top button buttoned like he did. Can't wear ties either.

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2017, 10:22 AM
Yeah, post firing everyone is ..whatevers....who is next.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-ad-scott-stricklin-issues-official-statement-jim-mcelwain-buyout-rumors

However This statement was a LIE that was very misleading. I don't care if the fans or media are supposed to believe him or not but it was totally misleading and even Pat Forde was duped. For what purpose.....I have no idea. It just makes Stricklin look like a liar to me.

Jack Lambert
11-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Maybe Stricklin wasn't planning on firing him but the money guys stepped in and said you are going to fire him.

Coach34
11-02-2017, 11:34 AM
Stricklin doesn't run that athletic dept yet.

MetEdDawg
11-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Stricklin doesn't run that athletic dept yet.

This is all that matters. Anyone that takes anything Stricklin says as truth or special insight about what's going on isn't paying attention to the dynamics of what goes on at UF.

SailingDawg
11-02-2017, 12:05 PM
RANT

Everyone lies.

I'm a teacher and live at a very low income level. The stories I hear from friends in the corporate world, and who have more money, are ones of lies, theft, infidelity, etc. I've had a friend kill himself from drug use and gambling and left a three year old son and wife behind. Some of my superiors lie to me, but most in education are fairly honest.

I may be naive, but I can't go through life telling lie after lie to get myself further along financially.

Look at Trump. Look at your elected officials. Look at the corruption in Mississippi and beyond. It's all driven by corporate greed and it's not getting any better.

Big time college sports are no different.

/RANT

Johnson85
11-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Yeah, post firing everyone is ..whatevers....who is next.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-ad-scott-stricklin-issues-official-statement-jim-mcelwain-buyout-rumors

However This statement was a LIE that was very misleading. I don't care if the fans or media are supposed to believe him or not but it was totally misleading and even Pat Forde was duped. For what purpose.....I have no idea. It just makes Stricklin look like a liar to me.

Believe it or not, that statement probably wasn't a lie.

The first time LSU tried to fire Miles before the president stepped in to stop it, the buyout money from boosters was lined up before any communications with Miles or his agent. The way it was communicated to me was that the boosters so adamant about him being fired had the money lined up before even going to the AD (I'm not sure if this is because the AD had basically communicated to them to not come to him unless they had the money lined up or if they just knew the first thing he would do was tell them to come back with a commitment for the money).

It seems very plausible to me that they were getting their ducks in a row internally and hadn't yet even approached McElwain's agent about a buyout. Think about it, why would they start negotiations with him with UGA a few days a way? What kind of jackasses would they look like if they started negotiations and then he upset UGA? I am guessing they were getting their ducks in a row with the expectations that UGA would embarrass them and that with the false death threat claims (and maybe something else? I'm really not sure why he agreed to such a haircut ont he buyout) they could then approach him about a mutually agreed upon buyout and termination.

Duckdog
11-02-2017, 01:01 PM
RANT

Everyone lies.

I'm a teacher and live at a very low income level. The stories I hear from friends in the corporate world, and who have more money, are ones of lies, theft, infidelity, etc. I've had a friend kill himself from drug use and gambling and left a three year old son and wife behind. Some of my superiors lie to me, but most in education are fairly honest.

I may be naive, but I can't go through life telling lie after lie to get myself further along financially.

Look at Trump. Look at your elected officials. Look at the corruption in Mississippi and beyond. It's all driven by corporate greed and it's not getting any better.

/RANT
THE NUMBER ONE REASON I DIDN'T GET A JOB FOR WHAT I MAJORED IN. Im also in education and love it

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2017, 01:07 PM
His statement was that UF wasn't in negotiations. Which is probably true at that point. However I don't buy for a second they were not already seriously considering firing him. So why even make that statement? Stricklin said it wasn't about wins and loses. So we are to believe there was a fire offense Saturday night? No, the "cause" was known earlier in the week.

Reunion Dog
11-03-2017, 12:32 AM
The male cheerleader from jackson prep is a damn joke.... he ruined out basketball program. he is a wimp.... with a limp handshake.... best thing ever happened when he left... He didn't have much of a choice at the end...

Reunion Dog
11-03-2017, 12:36 AM
TJ LSU Dad did some damn fine commentating during loafers presser..

Howboutdemdogs
11-03-2017, 06:52 AM
Well, I do believe that it the norm for many power hungry people. A code of ethics is only as good as the enforcement of them. Our company has a mandatory on line ethics class we have to take ever year. HR preaches ethics every month.....but I see it everyday that it don't mean much if you are bringing in the money or have the power. Funny our ethics and morality revolves around the dollar.

BrunswickDawg
11-03-2017, 07:36 AM
RANT

Everyone lies.

/RANT

You should spend your career working in government if you want to see some incredible lack of ethics. I have been lucky and worked for cities and state agencies with high ethical standards for staff. As bad as a rap as we get, 95% of the government employees I have encountered at all levels (local, State, Fed) are honest hard working people. The elected or appointed officials (agency heads or agency board members) - mostly out of the corporate world - are absolutely horrid. They have no concept of ethics, no understanding of conflict of interest, and constantly pressure you to do things like bid rig, issue no-bid contracts, skirt laws governing gratuities, and are always looking to use their influence to get their way for some buddy while preaching "we need to do things the right way." Meanwhile, I can be fired for having lunch with a contractor if the bill is more than $20.

SailingDawg
11-03-2017, 09:39 AM
You should spend your career working in government if you want to see some incredible lack of ethics. I have been lucky and worked for cities and state agencies with high ethical standards for staff. As bad as a rap as we get, 95% of the government employees I have encountered at all levels (local, State, Fed) are honest hard working people. The elected or appointed officials (agency heads or agency board members) - mostly out of the corporate world - are absolutely horrid. They have no concept of ethics, no understanding of conflict of interest, and constantly pressure you to do things like bid rig, issue no-bid contracts, skirt laws governing gratuities, and are always looking to use their influence to get their way for some buddy while preaching "we need to do things the right way." Meanwhile, I can be fired for having lunch with a contractor if the bill is more than $20.

Oh, I believe it. All this sexual misconduct going on and I could be fired for looking at one of my students wrong, let alone make any type of inappropriate comment.

BeastMan
11-03-2017, 10:23 AM
TJ LSU Dad did some damn fine commentating during loafers presser..

TJ LSU Dad is a joke and giving him props on this board is damn near a bannable offense